Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Toronto Boy ( )
Date: January 16, 2020 08:32AM

I have talked to a number of LDS women lately and I am hearing that they want more spiritual intimacy in the bedroom when they are married. When I ask them what it is they tell me it about making love and becoming more spiritual and closer to God in the process. It’s more about a higher level of making love that just purely being great physically. I need to get a better explanation if anyone can help.
I saw that Bendy Wendy wrote a book in 1999 before she was married. There was only one comment and a 5 star rating. She was single at the time so I am sure she knew a lot about physical intimacy, etc. Oh she was a marriage counsellor. That makes it right. I am an electrician so I am highly qualified to talk about plumbing as I talk to plumbers everyday and know the problems they have.
Seriously, what have I missed. Also how are guys in Church reacting to this. I have been married a few times and we always had great sex. It was other things plus a death of spouse that brought marriages to an end.
I see this more as control but could be wrong. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bobofitz ( )
Date: January 16, 2020 08:50AM

Hi Toronto Boy. Just one more reason to avoid getting involved with Mormon women. It doesn’t matter where this is coming from, whether it’s source is internal or external, it is just another barrier to developing a workable relationship with a Mormon woman. Too much baggage....one man’s opinion.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 16, 2020 09:34AM

I was a good little mormon virgin. Spiritual intimacy in the bedroom. WTF?

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: January 16, 2020 09:37AM

In mormondumb, sex is awesome if preceeded by prayer (couple praying together) and inviting the holy ghost to be present during the moment. For some the moment my be 30 seconds and for others 10 minutes. It doesn't matter. The holy ghost doesn't care. He is just there to watch and make sure it's done right. If done right, he will cause that your bosum shall burn within your. It helps if one of the two yell out, "Jesus Christ" or "Oh My God" numberous times throughout the ordeal. When finished, grab a BOM and read a chapter together, followed by another couples prayer. This is the true order of gettin' in on in the mormon church.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: January 16, 2020 09:30PM

When I have sex, I don't want god or Jesus or the Holy Ghost in the room any more than I want my earthly parents and siblings in the room. There is nothing spiritual about it. It's pretty much just physically and ultimately, emotionally gratifying too. Any one who says otherwise is probably still a virgin. An opening prayer will kill the mood faster than just about anything else.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 16, 2020 09:35PM

They have something for that in Colorado.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: January 16, 2020 10:12PM

Years ago When I was a teenager I remember our stake called in intimacy's therapists to discuss with the stake all together our relations with friends, neighbors, families, and spouses. It was suppose to give us a bigger toolkit in dealing with toxic people, in developing nurturing bonds.

Well as the seminars went on week after week it slowly became more and more about sex. And the joy of it all. That was the pinnacle of all human experience and the climax of the firesides. But as a kid they all forced me and told me to go home, while they talked about the good stuff.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.