Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: January 18, 2020 09:06PM

I heard that most judges in utah are bias against you if you are not part of the cult(wearing garments). Its probably the same in idaho i am assuming. So basically not a real justice system. Just guilty automatically for not being a mormon. I kind of want to get an idea what i will be facing. Anyone face a judge in idaho before. Did you feel like you got any justice? Or did you feel like you got screwed by the flaming sword. I have to go to court in a few days so i am really curious.

So basically, have you ever faced a judge in utah or idaho and if so do you feel like you got a fair shot at getting any justice? Did you feel like it was a rigged system against you basically because you weren't part of the cult?

Should i expect to lose even with my evidence just because i am not part of the good old boy system basically.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: January 18, 2020 11:32PM

I've never lived in either State, so I don't know.

Can you get a "pro bono" attorney, preferably one that isn't LDS? I would think that it would be best if the judge had no clue that you were once LDS.

I've been where you are, and I know it isn't pretty. I can certify, however, that there is life after bankruptcy. I will never forget the kindness of the manager at the tire store when my little Toyota Corolla needed new tires. The ones I had were in desperate shape. Almost in tears, I told the guy that I had just filed bankruptcy, and there was no way I could pay for all 4 tires at one time.

He said, "You have a job. Think of this as a chance to start re-building your credit." I did just that.

Date: January 18, 2020 11:52PM

Is there really life after banktrupcy? Its kind of hard to believe. Always thought it was the end of the road. Like lawyers and banks live to garnish people until they have no money for even food. Its like people telling me there is life after cult extraction but life after cult resignation is banktrupcy. At least in my experience i have been broken twice. The cult broke me(more than once) and now the bank broke me after cult resignation. Has not been the best road.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: January 23, 2020 04:02AM

Warrior71783 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is there really life after banktrupcy? Its kind
> of hard to believe. Always thought it was the end
> of the road. Like lawyers and banks live to
> garnish people until they have no money for even
> food. Its like people telling me there is life
> after cult extraction but life after cult
> resignation is banktrupcy. At least in my
> experience i have been broken twice. The cult
> broke me(more than once) and now the bank broke me
> after cult resignation. Has not been the best
> road.

I just want to tell you that yes, there is life after bankruptcy. My husband went through it with his ex wife. They also had a foreclosure. My husband went through several years of bad credit, but he now has a great credit score and has completely recovered from that financial nightmare.

You can recover, too.

Date: January 23, 2020 06:30PM

Nice

Date: January 21, 2020 05:37PM

How do you get a pro bono attorney? I don't know laws or the rights of a citizen when it comes to getting a probono lawyer. I don't many citizens rights quite honestly. I just always assumed the citizen was screwed no matter what they do against the good ol boy system.

Posted by: dumbmormons ( )
Date: January 18, 2020 11:57PM

Goes the other way as well. A Non-Mormon judge or one that has felt oppressed by L-d$,inc can and often does rule harshly against the MoronicPriesthood types whenever they know the person or business is involved.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 20, 2020 11:06AM

It is very impersonal. He asked us 2 or 3 questions. There were many bankruptcies they were doing in one day, so we were not a focus. We were more just a number. I would expect there are fewer mormon judges in Idaho.

Believe me, being done with a bankruptcy is a FRESH START. I did do a Chapter 13 as I've said. I had to pay for 8 years. That was tough, BUT I didn't have any calls and I didn't have anyone taking money out of my bank account. When i was done with chapter 13, I was free and we were actually able to refinance our home right after the 13 was done. Rebuild our credit really fast.

It might take you a while to really believe you are free, but you will be. It is only a matter of time. You will wish you had done this LONG AGO. IF you ever need medical help, you should be able to get Medicaid if you are on disability. My brothers get it. Or apply for charity care. Just ask at the hospital when you have services. We got it for our son. They also buy supplemental insurance for $100 a month. That is optional.

My brother was scared to death when he went to divorce court and it was all just business. They didn't bring up any issues. I'm sure in some divorces that does happen. My nephew is having a lot of problems with his divorce. His ex is a total bitch. My brother's is, too, but she didn't want their son. He thought she would try to take him away from him, but she didn't even want him. My brother raised his son. Both my brothers got custody of their sons as their wives didn't want to take care of them. But my brother was living with me when he went through his divorce and he was a MESS, but he said it was no big deal.

I'm almost 100% certain (others can chime in) that this will be no big deal. I was rather surprised at how simple it was. It was such a huge load off my shoulders.

You're going to be okay. Do you know your court date yet?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2020 11:08AM by cl2.

Date: January 21, 2020 04:12PM

I go to court tomorrow the 22nd to fight for my disability back against the lawyer that garnished it straight from my account. I got all the evidence that two different lawyers including my banktrupcy lawyer told me to go into court with. I am no lawyer so i am nervous as hell that i'll get the old good ol boy lawyer and judge screw you know. Glad you had no bias against you. There was a girl in the bar i was in last night talking about the judge i was facing tomorrow and i overheard her and asked her what i should expect. She told me that the judge i face tomorrow is not the worst one but he is a tough one and as long as i have all my ducks in a row to present i may be alright. My banktrupcy will be officially filed after the court case. All the banktrupcy paperwork is already turned in. I'm hoping i win tomorrow, even the bank admitted it was illegal but not responsible for refund(about a week and a half the bank manager looked it up and it was illegal but not responsible) f#ck those guys. I went in to the bank today to printout what i needed for court tomorrow and they did not charge me like they normally do. They know they screwed up. I was a six year member and they know i am done with them after this. Totally screwed me by garnishing me to zero and then charging me an extra fifty for the processing fee. It was a doublescrew at once. Good thing i worked my butt off over the holidays and i cashed those checks no depositing AT ALL. Maybe i can convince SS office to mail my checks because of this scenario. Then i can bypass banks entirely and be a free man at least from banks. Whose the guy that said we needed banks? That guy was full of crap. Being born in a cult screwed me first and then my parents screwed me and now the bank screwed me. Why do i even go out the front door and try. Glad there was no bias against you. That does give me some hope for tomorrow. I got all the stuff that i was told to bring in. I am as ready as i will ever be i guess.

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: January 20, 2020 11:54AM

I get no sense of that in Idaho, especially around Boise.

Date: January 21, 2020 04:16PM

That is good to hear. I'm just afraid i'll get a judge that i can tell is wearing garments and just think aww i might be screwed here.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: January 20, 2020 01:31PM

Yes, yes they are. Why do you think that Utah is the fraud capitol of the US? Mormon judges go easy on mormon scammers and criminals. Sex offenders, too. Read this, if you can stomach it;

https://kutv.com/news/local/judge-praised-convicted-sex-offender

Date: January 21, 2020 04:22PM

This is what i am afraid of tomorrow in my hearing. This is exactly what i thought would happen if i came forward and exposed a church leader when i was younger and my parents.

Posted by: Beanhead ( )
Date: January 22, 2020 10:10PM

Warrior71783 try a Credit Union instead of a bank. Just look up the credit unions with branches in your area.

Date: January 23, 2020 03:17AM

It was a credit union that pulled this. I see it as a bank. Same difference to me really. I never saw a difference between the two. They both charge overdraft fees and such.

Posted by: Beanhead ( )
Date: January 23, 2020 01:40PM

Oh, wow. I heard that (in general) credit unions are better than banks. Guess it wasn't true this time, sorry about that.

Well, not all credit unions are the same.

Date: January 23, 2020 06:33PM

Yea don't get comfortable thinking your money is safer just because it is a credit union. I made that mistake. I explained what all happened to the social security office and they said they could mail my check for three months instead of a direct deposit thing and i said please do just for my peace of mind.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: January 21, 2020 04:18PM

I do recall the case of the golden Idaho Mormon athlete who tortured a disabled kid in high school by raping him with a coat hanger. The Mormon judge went real easy on him because he was preparing to serve a mission.

Date: January 21, 2020 04:29PM

I knew the religion created bias in the courtrooms, i knew it. How do you win against this? I don't know. I've known how to beat these guys because they hold positions like judges and lawyers. Even ignoring them i still end up running into them somehow and someway.

Date: January 21, 2020 04:32PM

I've never known how to beat these guys because they hold these positions of power in the real world like lawyer and judges and even policemen. This is what i meant to say. I really don't know how not to get screwed by them even outside of the religion.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 21, 2020 04:40PM

Don't assume ill will on the part of the judge. Just be patient and work through the process.

This isn't the sort of case where religion is likely to intrude.

Date: January 21, 2020 10:04PM

Alright cool. I'm having a friend come with me for support. I think it will help. I try to avoid all authority figures as much as possible for certain reasons. My experience against authority in just religion alone has not been good. They put me in my place, not the other way around and there was not a damn thing i could do it seemed to counter the abuse of power they exhibited. Going against any authority is rough. I don't believe they have any because i don't vote for any of these guys. I never really had people on my side if you know what i mean. They're in the secret handshake club and i am not so they look out for each other in situations like mine. Its a club that i never became a part of and maybe they hate me for it. To me the religion was obviously false but my family thought it was legit. That became a big problem not just for me but for them as well. They can't have a non-believer among them so obviously my life has been difficult without any family support. Most normal families try to get their kid out of a cult at all cost. With me the family does not want me to succeed or be out of a cult at all cost. Its always been backwards. Anyways i have to man up and go to court tomorrow with my evidence and maybe i'll ask for an attorney if they will provide one. I do provide a service for the town i don't just take disability and do nothing so maybe they will see that i am not a drag on the community. People think i am an alright person. The only person that thinks i am totally horrible is myself and my family. I was never quite the trash that my family made me think i was or made me feel like i was especially when i was 13. They put the religion ahead of me and tried to cover up an assault against me. I was too scared to go up against them and go to the police or the courts back then as i am scared to go up against them in the courts now. I know they own the courts in a mormon community so i always think i am screwed when i have to face the courts. I don't know how to beat or overcome these guys in positions of power. Somehow mentally i have to look past what these guys are religiously involved with and how they protect each other in the good old boy system they have going on.

Date: January 22, 2020 01:37PM

I won the court case i just got out. I actually won. Told you the bank did something illegal. Banktrupcy lawyer was right. The bank still took a 50 dollar cut for the legal processing fee that i won't get back which is why i am done with the bank. But i f#cking won and i will get the garnished money back. Not sure how long it will take though.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 22, 2020 01:43PM

Oh, my! Satan won and now ghawd is crying...

Way to go, Warrior of Adam!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 22, 2020 05:29PM

Awesome! That must have made you feel great.

Date: January 22, 2020 06:17PM

My banktrupcy lawyer was impressed and i am being serious. Said i probably cost johnson mark at least 1000 dollars just to battle me because prepping and time is money.
Still filed banktrupcy officially today afterwards which made me feel more nervous than being in court. Court was pretty awkward at first with the whole "All Rise", my friend that came with me didn't even rise because he's from california and i guess not really used to the formality thing and the judge just paused for a while until my friend stood up. It almost felt like a bednar thing where no one could sit until he sat down or stand up until he stood up. I would bet the judge was a mormon but he definitely just waited for a while until my friend stood up haha it was funny, the judge was good a fair and did his job so i can't bash for him being a mormon or anything. But i presented all my evidence that i was advised to bring in from two different lawyers really without any consultation fee because one of them really disliked johnson mark so he gave me advice on what to exactly bring in to help me with the judge. Their lawyer on the phone seemed a little flaburgasted that i came in and actually defended myself with solid evidence.
My banktrupcy lawyer told me afterwards that the bank was really the more guilty party but we can't really do anything about the 50 dollar cut that the bank took from me. So i lost 50 bucks in the end but that isn't bad. The garnished amount will be mailed to me i think. So a total win in court. I am pretty mad at the bank still. I won in court which is an extra emphasis on they screwed up and really screwed me . i need to learn better money managing skills to avoid this in the future though. Life will be better if i can bypass a bank or credit union all together or for the most part. This whole situation sucked. Like really sucked.

Date: January 22, 2020 06:21PM

You handled things right. Sometimes authority structures do work to protect the innocent: not always, but sometimes.

Once you get back on your feet, you'll need to start working with a bank again to restore your credit. Just remember that, as you saw today and as you will see at the bankruptcy hearing, in this sort of matter the courts will generally be on your side.

Date: January 23, 2020 02:49AM

Yea i did see that it was fair to me in the court. I did not think it would be but it was. I don't know how i will go about with banks in the future. I definitely need to take it slow.

Date: January 23, 2020 03:12AM

You will need a credit history, so you must get a bank account and eventually credit cards. It doesn't matter where you bank--whether an actual bank or an S&L--but if you ever want to buy a home or even a car, you'll need that history.

So start slow. Do keep a cash reserve at your home not so much for this sort of problem, which won't happen again, but in case you lose your debit card or anything else.

After you declare bankruptcy (the judge will treat you much the same way this last one did), you won't be able to get credit. That's probably a good thing until you straighten out your financial habits. During that period get and maintain one or more debit accounts.

Then later start with a credit card with a low limit, transitioning to a higher limit after a few more years. You should not use your entire limit, nor should you ever roll over borrowing from one month to the next. Treat it like a debit card. But remember that having unused credit on your cards boosts your credit rating. So ultimately you might have a $10,000 card and spend $1,000 a month, which you immediately pay off, leaving $9,000 ALWAYS untapped--and reported that way to the credit agencies. After several years of that you'll look like someone a bank may want to help purchase a home. From what you've written before, that's where you want to end up.

Congratulations. You negotiated this first hurdle well.

ETA: Adding that this isn't your only recent success. You aren't the same man you were when you were last here. I don't know if you are in therapy or whatever, but it is working.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2020 03:20AM by Lot's Wife.

Date: January 23, 2020 04:17AM

I do want to buy my own home in the future eventually. I do think i need a bank account for disability so i may have to use a different bank. I can't seem to get away from these banks and credit unions. Definitely done with the place that pulled that stunt. My brain needs to become a full adult somehow haha. I have the money skills of a teenager and it is embarrassing but it is all i know and have ever known. I feel like i was a pretty good adult in court today. I'm getting to the more adult maturity thinking slowly. Have to take responsibility for my mistakes. Can't keep blaming my past or my parents for my struggles. Have to own up to my poor money handling over the last few years. I am embarrased to admit that no one taught me how to handle money or disperse money properly. We were just brainwashed to just give our money away because it was the lord's money not our money. And the lord would take care of us which he did not. Not even from day one. I've been in survival or runaway mode most of my life. Fight or flight. Not as bad as i used to be though. Regular people outside of the religion i have found to be not as violent. The real world is nothing like the hell of what i grew up in. Its taken me a long time to realize this. Not everyone wants to yell at me or attack me or force me do things that i don't want to do. I'm still healing but the outside world of the religious one seems to be more sane and not out to get me. And i am not going to burn if i don't give my money away constantly to jesus. I'm not burning right now in some apocalypse. All that crap is still in my head and i have not been in a church in years. Deprogramming and normalizing is taking a while for me. I sat through a ton of meetings and classes growing up and its still in the brain. Lot of fear. Lot of fear. Hope i can live a normal life and find peace. I am trying. I have good work ethic. I just need to feel more like a man and less like a boy. I will get there i think. I felt like i took care of things like a man in the courtroom and i won. I faced that i was in over my head like a man and filed banktrupcy as well. Faced my bad spending patterns like a man as well. Need to make adjustsments is all. Maybe i think too much. I have a crazy brain as you all know. A lot of religiousity and child cult indoctrination in this brain. Abusive events in my brain as well but oh well. Got to not be the worlds greatest victim like you said. You were right i need to not be that and learn life.

Date: January 23, 2020 04:50AM

Not sure what ETA means but i have been in constant weekly therapy for at least 3 and a half years i think now. Ever since i was advised by a psychologist to do therapy i have been doing it. I also distanced myself from those that have done harm to me in the past even though they never admitted to it or turned themselves in like my mother and father. I realized they were trying to cover their own asses and letting me take the fall which i did because i did think all the abuse was my fault and that God was against me and wanted me to die basically because there was no intervention to defend me back then from my parents and a religious leader. The fact that i had confirmed and deciphered for myself and my own readings of the true history of the church and confirmed my first assumptions and instincts as a child that something was wrong with the religion but i just had to tolerate it because i had to. My mind is very logical. And logically the whole thing made no sense and was just a bunch of old guys at the top of a pyramid just raking in the money basically. The bible plagiarisms i realized right away that something was not right about the book. Even when i did not even know what a cult was i wanted out of the religion and out of my family at the same time. I truly thought suicide was the only way out of both. Even if the religion was true and god really was a handshake weirdo i still wanted out. Life is hard though even outside of the operation. I do have friends which has helped immensely. Real friends not empty fake cult friends. Having real friends that push me and believe in me that i can do this and live a real life has helped a lot. One friend thinks i am amazing. And no one thought i was amazing or made me feel like i was amazing in that religion. That religion makes you feel like your real authentic identity does not matter. That religion does not give a damn about a persons real self or encourage individual thought or thinking for oneself. This is evil to me. To stamp out someone's true identity for selfish purposes and financial gain is pure evil. And to stamp the name jesus on it all to make it look like some good operation pisses me off even more. Even if the guy never existed don't try to just use the name jesus to try to convince people its some innocent operation that does no harm and is not dangerous. I'm telling you first hand that the operation is dangerous as hell to the mental health of an individual. Most of the crazy ideas in my head are not even my own. They were implanted in there when i was young through repitious and constant methods combined with fear. Constant fear. I've been afraid for most of my life. Afraid of that operation, my parents and their brutal and demanding god.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: January 23, 2020 05:58PM

You're doing amazingly well, Adam. I'm impressed, and if you were my son, I'd be proud. Am I allowed to be proud of you anyway? Good. I am.

You've got it down pat. Vent. Get information. Ask questions. Process information. Vent as needed. Do what you need to do. Get information. Ask questions. Process information. Vent as needed.

Soon relief will work itself into the mix.

I hope you're proud of yourself. You should be.

Date: January 23, 2020 07:27PM

I'd take you as my mom. Ever since i finally told my mother that i remember the abuse of my childhood last year and her involvement we have not talked. The memories were killing me and hindering any chance at a recovery. I felt like i was covering up a lie for them and i was the fall crazy guy sacrifice.
She can tell anyone she wants how craaaazy i am but the truth is it all began with abuse not magically going crazy for no reason afterward if i ever was crazy. In my brain she and my father gave me up at 13 years old.
I even took the blame for my fathers addictions. I took the blame for everything. Adam is breathing look how craaaazy he is. Gaslighting bastards. Adam is working but look how craaaazy he is while working. Don't believe a word he says about abuse and cult brainwashing. Look how craaaazy he walks. So craaaazy. Even strangers think i am pretty normal. Hmmm. My fammily was gaslighting me to shut me up of what i know. The indoctrination didn't take so they turned on me. They hated me because i knew it was all bs. If you know their fantasy is bs get ready for an onslaught against you. Anyways i need to keep getting better. My mother is probably the main reason i hate myself and have low self-esteem and self-sabotaging behavior because i feel i deserved to fail or something. They haven't beaten me. I just need to learn life and how to adult better. A vietnam vet that had seen some serious shit thought i was an ok guy the other day at a bar. So that means something. He was just a scared kid in vietnam and wanted to just survive and get out alive and thats what i was in the cult. A scared kid that just wanted to get out alive. The real world is tough but i am getting the hang of it i think.

Date: January 23, 2020 07:31PM

Not only that, you're crushing it! Good.

Date: January 23, 2020 08:07PM

Sorry i was called crazy A LOT in life. Just for breathing. It was ridiculous. Found out my family was more crazy and their religion was way more crazy than anything that i could come up with in my mind. Jesus does secret handshakes and asks people to pantomime their throats and organs? Yep way crazier than anything i could dream up by a long shot. By a long shot. They have me beat in the crazy department and they probably knew it the whole time. That is what is so screwed up they probably knew they were involved in some bizarre shit and hated me for not being a part of their bizarre shit. So they just called me crazy and mentally ill constantly for just existing. I have a couple good friends that have really helped and have pushed me and that has made a difference. I am more a man than i thought i was. I thought i was solely a kid in a mans body but that is not entirely true.

Date: January 24, 2020 11:46AM

"I am more a man than i thought i was."

And, like everybody else, I'm working on being my own person.

Date: January 24, 2020 01:41PM

Well, Beth, you sure as Hades aren't anybody else!

. . . mumble mumble. . . force of nature. . . mumble. . .

Date: January 26, 2020 12:39AM

Isn't the end goal just to be your own person uncontrolled. Completely independant and self sustaining standing on your own. Even i admit it is a hard and scary thing to achieve to be standing on your own entirely with no mental crutches or mental chains and no one person ruling over me 24/7 type of feeling. I HATED that i had no privacy from these people throughout my entire life. I hated my life i realized today. I was born a prisoner in a sophisticated mind-bending arena and environment that seemed impossible to get out of and ever make a real life for one-self. Even i admit i am not exactly doing awesome but i have definitely been worse. I feel like i need more education on a lot of things still. Its all about knowing what material to read i guess. I like reading about cults for some reason because i am tired of being manipulated by these bastards. I want to be able to fight back and beat these guys at their own game possibly. Yes i know i am hugely outnumbered by them and at a huge financial disadvantage against them with their 100 billion against my banktrupcy but you never know. Miracles may happen and i could start a domino effect of people wanting to be free of their grip on them. People may choose mental freedom and authenticity in the end. Can i live in peace and co-exist with these guys on the planet? Probably not. Is it a plague that i can never get away from? I don't know. It definitely is a plague though. Getting away is one thing, but winning is a whole nother ball game. How long does it take for the mind to heal all the way until it is its real self? Not sure. But it definitely takes a while. At least for me. I never feel like i am far away enough or safe from these people to actually heal properly. They are like mind terrorists to me. Constantly brainwashing. Nonstop. My life would have been so good if i was not born among those people or in that operation. They ruined everything with what i call true insanity. My brain still goes through the repititious loops created in that repititious environment. I STILL don't know if i am the full authentic adam yet.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: January 24, 2020 09:58PM

ETA = "edited to add"

Date: January 26, 2020 12:43AM

Well in the driving world ETA means Estimated Time for Arrival so i was confused.

Date: January 22, 2020 07:28PM

You handled it like a boss! You took advice from experts, followed that advice, and it worked out for you. I hope that you feel good about handling your business. Be prepared to put the hardest of times behind you.

There was a time when I got in trouble as well, for not paying my car insurance in a timely manner. Maryland punishes drivers heavily for not being insured. After I got myself out of that deep financial fiasco, I put procedures in place to make sure that my bills got paid on time. When a bill comes in, I schedule a payment date on my kitchen calendar, allowing enough time for it to go through the mail. I always schedule bill paying for weekends when I have more time. When the bill is paid, I cross it off my calendar. My kitchen calendar is in a location where it catches my eye frequently, so I am able to stay on top of things.

This method has worked for me for many years. I realize that people organize themselves in different ways. My brother schedules electronic bill payments for dates that work for him. You will need to think through what systems might work for you. Ask around for ideas. You can master this. Coming up with procedures that work for you will help you immensely.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2020 07:29PM by summer.

Date: January 23, 2020 02:58AM

I definitely need to budget differently then i ever have before. I was way too lax and scattered before. I realize i can not do that anymore. I have to be more disciplined and a better and smarter grocery shopper as well. I kind of like buying things cash though. It makes me think more and i don't have to worry about overdraft if i lost attention to how much is in my balance. And i don't have to worry about someone stealing my debit info and making purchases which has happened a few times. So yea i kind of like the cash thing for most of my necessities. So far its worked out not using a card to my liking. This experience has really forced me to think about budgeting like i never have before in my life. I think it will be a good thing.

Date: January 23, 2020 05:32AM

I normally use cash (for smaller purchases such as gas and quick trips to the convenience store,) and checks (for somewhat larger things like weekly groceries.) I write down the info in the check register when I write each check. That way I have a current record of what is in my account. I reconcile my check register once a week, comparing it with my online banking records, just before I pay my bills.

IMO a debit card can get you into trouble quickly unless you are writing down what you spent every single time.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: January 23, 2020 04:17PM

We use debit cards, and don't seem to have problems with them.

HOWEVER: We can access our account info on our cell phones, so at any given time, we can see what has come in, what has gone out, what is still pending, etc. We always have immediate access to what is the current state of our accounts.

With that info always available, we can calculate better about what needs to be paid now, versus what can be delayed for a while.

You can transfer money from one account to the other at any given time, too, using the phone. It amazes me, all the things you can do just by using the phone app.

Date: January 23, 2020 05:51PM

That sounds like a great way of dealing with it!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 23, 2020 06:20PM

Whenever possible, I use debit cards belonging to people I don't know and with whom I have no connections. So far it's working out pretty good! If you keep the purchases low, it can take months for some of them to figure it out.

This explains why I ALWAYS wear dark glasses, a wide-brimmed hat, and a hoodie. It takes commitment to high standards to live a good life!

Date: January 23, 2020 07:39PM

I knew you stole my info off a purchase. I could feel it. This is old dog's doing i said to myself.

Date: January 23, 2020 07:42PM

Yes, be on the lookout for a cross between Che Guevara and Mark Zuckerberg.

Date: January 23, 2020 11:43PM

Damn zuckerberg, thinks he owns the planet.

Date: January 23, 2020 07:34PM

I concur, using a debit card solely can really get you in trouble. I totally agree. You can lose track of what is happening in your debit account extremely fast. Using cash slows things down and that is what i need right now. I think more about my purchases when i use cash which is good right now. Slow things down a bit.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 22, 2020 09:47PM

Why is this still about you? You beat them. You cost them a lot more money than they can extract from you. Spike the ball and do a victory dance.

Date: January 23, 2020 02:45AM

Sorry, i did celebrate with the friend that came to court with me a little bit. I don't want to get too cocky and then get pulled over for a traffic violation an hour later you know. Seems to happen. I'm happy i won though. But it was a big wake up call and i need to make adjustments like i need cash outside of a bank for emergency if this happens again. It was not cool i had no money to buy food for a day, not cool at all. Luckily i had food at the house when i got garnished. I hate how they think the disabled will just role over and not defend ourselves just because we are disabled. Its like how a cult thinks they can just do whatever they want to children. It was the same damn feeling. A helpless and powerless feeling that i never want to feel again.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 23, 2020 01:45PM

Bankruptcy is a Federal matter, judges are supposed to rule according to law(s), not personal preferences.

Unfortunately (?) Federal judges serve for lifetime appointments, so there's little accountability for them.

Date: January 23, 2020 07:43PM

They're appointed by the district's circuit court, and their decisions can be appealed to the circuit court.

They don't go through the nomination and confirmation process.

The federal govt has a shitton of administrative judges who are subject matter experts in their respective fields. You can apply online.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2020 07:47PM by Beth.

Date: January 24, 2020 09:34PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2020 09:36PM by Beth.

Date: January 24, 2020 10:10PM

Beth=

how many disciplinary actions out of how many appointments?

Elections are the Best way (not perfect!) to hold office-holders responsible / accountable.

They're selected = appointed by fellow judges? Members of the Bar Association, aka the Boys Club.

I see no viable protection for Joe Everyday from arbitrary decisions, even very egregious ones, partly because the corps attract & compensate the Very Best Attorneys, who are not coincidentally also members of the Bar Assn (A Requirement).

Date: January 24, 2020 10:24PM

My last response. Apologies to My Warrior Friend for this weird ass thread jack:

Electing judges is a terrible idea. When a judge's position is secure, they do not feel pressure to maintain their opinions over time.

Eisenhower nominated Warren, and Warren's ideas about social justice changed dramatically over time, IMHO to the betterment of our country, and he had the freedom to do so in part because he could not be fired.

But for Warren, Brown v. Board would not have been a unanimous decision which it had to be. We needed a united SCOTUS to start desegregating schools. See George Wallace

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2020 10:51PM by Beth.

Date: January 26, 2020 12:51AM

I'll allow this thread jack in this hereby court ALL RISE the judge warrior is now exiting the courtroom and closing this thread because he won his court case. But i will not get cocky as my life still needs much work and much improvement as i did get humbled for real with being forced to file banktrupcy finally.

Date: January 24, 2020 10:42PM

this subject is Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too tedious for me now, I'm outta here.

Date: January 24, 2020 09:07PM

GNPE Wrote:
> Bankruptcy is a Federal matter, judges are
> supposed to rule according to law(s), not personal
> preferences.
>
> Unfortunately (?) Federal judges serve for
> lifetime appointments, so there's little
> accountability for them.

Date: January 24, 2020 11:59AM

In most household cases, judges don't get involved very much unless a creditor raises some issues (factual or legal).

judges like corporate cases where there are important issues, I think they're almost totally BORED with individual / household cases.

Date: January 24, 2020 03:58PM

"In most household cases, judges don't get involved very much unless a creditor raises some issues (factual or legal)."

"judges like corporate cases where there are important issues, I think they're almost totally BORED with individual / household cases."

Are you replying to me, or are these general statements along the lines of your previous incorrect statement that bankruptcy judges serve lifetime appointments?

Where are you getting your information? Sounds more like you're wool gathering, which I think is totally underrated. Wool gathering is my jam.

But dude. Should I stick, "I guessed, Googled, or dreamt" before every sentence you write on this thread?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2020 09:47PM by Beth.

Date: January 24, 2020 07:27PM

Beth Wrote:
> "In most household cases, judges don't get
> involved very much unless a creditor raises some
> issues (factual or legal)."
>
> "judges like corporate cases where there are
> important issues, I think they're almost totally
> BORED with individual / household cases."
>
>
> Are you replying to me, or are these general
> statements along the lines of your previous
> incorrect statement that bankruptcy judges serve
> lifetime appointments?
>

Beth- -

If you carefully re-read my post, although the subject is bankruptcy, I didn't specify 'Bankruptcy Judges' as being lifetime appointments; IDK what % of Federal Judges are lifetime appointments, or in which courts they serve (do U?)

I stand by my statement as a general truth, household cases don't get much traction (unless they're High $ cases).

most civil court actions are business to business, corporate type cases; do U agree?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2020 07:36PM by GNPE.

Date: January 24, 2020 09:07PM

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2281032,2282375#msg-2282375

I really hate cutting up quotes and the call and response crap, but here we go...

GNPE Wrote:
> Bankruptcy is a Federal matter, judges are
> supposed to rule according to law(s), not personal
> preferences.

Bankruptcy = Federal matter

> Unfortunately (?) Federal judges serve for
> lifetime appointments, so there's little
> accountability for them.

Federal judges serve for lifetime appts.

Translation:

Bankruptcy judges, who are federal judges, serve for a lifetime with little accountability.

^^^That is your assertion, and your assertion is incorrect. Had I not read your comment carefully, I wouldn't have HEADDESKED myself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2020 09:14PM by Beth.

Date: January 24, 2020 09:24PM

Beth-

As far as I know (?), no Federal judges are elected, I doubt that there is any viable accountability as to their decisions.

Do U know of any of them being disciplined or GASP fired? I don't

therefore, I believe my core premise is sustained, Formally lifetime appointments or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2020 09:25PM by GNPE.

Date: January 24, 2020 09:27PM

The constitution stipulates that federal judges are appointed for life "during good behavior," meaning that they can be impeached by the House and removed by the Senate.

If I recall correctly, about 20 have been impeached and half that number have been removed from office.

Date: January 24, 2020 09:36PM

Read this first:

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2281032,2282114#msg-2282114

Then read up on impeachment of federal judges.

Here:

Trial court = district court

Appellate court #1 = circuit court

Appellate court #2 = SCOTUS

Circuit courts appoint bankruptcy judges for districts falling under the circuit court for 14 years, and their decisions can be appealed to the circuit court.

~zill, can you make an ASCII flow chart or some such?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2020 10:03PM by Beth.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.