Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Valued ( )
Date: January 20, 2020 08:36PM

Following dialogue from movie “Stand by Me” speaks for itself.
Vern:
You think Mighty Mouse could beat up Superman?
Teddy:
What are you, cracked?
Vern:
No, I saw him on TV the other day, he was holding five elephants in one hand.
Teddy:
Boy, you don't know nothing. Mighty Mouse is a cartoon. Superman's a real guy. There's no way a cartoon could beat up a real guy.
Vern:
I guess you're right. It'd be a good fight though.

Adults are no different in how they rationalize and shape their arguments. Deity is a super hero. If you consider someone as “ordained” or “called” by a super hero, then there is no need for supporting evidence. Right now there is an argument for no witnesses and no new records in a trial of someone they think is “ordained of God”.

Imagine that? Someone actually accepts no need for new evidence or witnesses as an argument.

Elder Boyd K Packer said "Do not read the anti-Mormon materials. That is not the way you resolve questions about the truthfulness of the restored gospel. Simply go back and read and ponder and pray about the Book of Mormon and you will know it is true."

In this case, since the Book of Mormon “is not a text of history,” is it real because it is an inspired book of fiction and not an inspired comic book?

Hear no evil; see no evil... Out of site...out of mind. Just wear a cape or robes and all is believable.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 20, 2020 08:41PM

Those who provide these rationales are performing a great service for those who do not wish to know the truth and would like to continue in that manner feeling superior, yea, even smug.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: January 20, 2020 08:49PM

How many times have we heard religious debates that are just like this? Which fake prophet and which fake cult is the best? (Now we know--the RICHEST one, right?)

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 20, 2020 11:36PM

I heard talk at the water cooler that Superman was dead! Batman and Wonder Woman attended his funeral for goodness sakes!

A curious fact: Mr. Mxyzptlk is only four months older than me, in terms of Earth time. Good to know, huh?

The mormons who bought preferred stock in Paul Dunn certainly took a financial bath!

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 21, 2020 09:54AM

Too good---the last line. The younger ones have no idea the entertainment they missed with ole Paul at the podium.

Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: January 21, 2020 12:50AM

My brain can not unsee the plagiarisms no matter what i do or did in the second grade. Before the internet or any 'anti-materials' known to me. I can not unsee the plagiarisms. It was my curse to see what i thought was obvious.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.