Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 22, 2020 11:12PM

king5.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: January 22, 2020 11:15PM

¿ did they died OPie ? ~

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 22, 2020 11:23PM

"Two guy got in an argument, pulled out handguns and starting trying to shoot each other. 7 people shot, one dead, all bystanders, not the targets. Happened around 5 Pm, at 3rd and Vine, near Macy’s."

Posted by: miner8 ( )
Date: January 27, 2020 07:15PM

Wow. Nothing funny about it, but it kind of reminds me of that old "Cow Pattie" song they play at rodeos. "Patty and the killer missed each other but they shot that town to hell".

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 23, 2020 05:49AM

That would be a normal weekend in Baltimore, except Baltimore peeps tend to have better aim.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: January 23, 2020 02:10PM

Posted by: jay ( )
Date: January 23, 2020 08:35PM

thanks for being so discreet

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: January 24, 2020 09:45PM

No problem, gang bangers.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: January 23, 2020 02:15PM

"Tolbert and Tolliver both have criminal charges in their pasts.

Both were arrested in 2018 and charged with drive-by shootings and unlawful possession of a firearm, according to court documents filed in King County Superior Court.

Tolliver’s case was dismissed, according to court documents, while Tolbert plead guilty to a lesser, non-felony, charge."

If I do it, nobody will see.
If they see, they won't call the cops.
If they call the cops, they won't get here in time.
If they get here in time, they won't arrest me.
If they arrest me, I won't go to trial.
If I go to trial, I won't be convicted.
If I'm convicted, I won't go to jail.
If I go to jail, it won't be for long.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2020 02:19PM by caffiend.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 23, 2020 03:23PM

What were they fighting about? Maybe it was something really important, like life on Earth would end if they didn’t open fire on each other.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 23, 2020 08:38PM

If they were arguing about who was the better marksman, their prison time should be doubled!

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 25, 2020 11:37AM

What if they were fighting over coffee?

Date: January 25, 2020 11:43AM

Fighting over coffee would not make for a valid defense, but any reasonable, right-thinking judge would consider that as mitigating circumstances at sentencing.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: January 23, 2020 09:10PM

I grew up here,
Seattle has always had a "gang problem". They sell a shit ton of drugs or whatever else you want across the street from Pike Place.
If you lived in Seattle you'd be surprised it didn't happen a lot more often, with as many drugs and crime as there is going on here 24/7/365.
It never ends.
I got tf out.
Too much crime for my tastes.
Kept going South till I found peace, love and happiness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2020 09:51PM by schrodingerscat.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: January 23, 2020 10:15PM

What you describe is pretty much a problem in all big cities.
When I lived in Salt lake in rose park two gangbangers had a duel at the local smith's supermarket and killed each other.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: January 24, 2020 03:45AM

Gangbangers are people with no hope. Many are illiterate. They deep down know life doesn’t have a whole lot to offer them. So they live a short exciting life. It really is eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow you will die. People who have nothing to lose are dangerous and theY don’t care if they die. They certainly don’t care about collateral damage. It’s all ego driven. It’s all about being the bad MoFo.

Date: January 24, 2020 09:02PM

a woman claiming to be mother of one of the wanted is on TV pleading for him to turn hisself in.

I think Rubicon nails it; people with no hope are a Danger to Everyone.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: January 24, 2020 10:19PM

When I was in highschool in the early 80's, some of my friends and I went at late night into downtown Seattle a few times, just to walk around and see what it was like. As a group of four guys, we felt reletively safe. But there were open drug deals and prostitutes grabbing you as you walked by. This was just accross the street from pike place market. Before the sun set, there was often a festive atmosphere with families with children walking around in that same place. Most normal people would vacate before sunset. It could have only gotten worse since then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2020 10:21PM by azsteve.

Date: January 24, 2020 10:39PM

sort of Ironic because housing prices in the city & area are 'forcing out' many renters. This in turn puts the lower-rung baddies on Metro & S.T. buses which are also seeing increases in problems.

There isn't anywhere to hide from hopeless people, or
abusive people with weapons. Domestic Violence calls are Dangerous for everyone, cops & others directly involved.
Impaired drivers (substances & texting) kill thousands of ppl every year.

there literally won't (can't) be any significant relief from this unless / until there are effective controls on firearm possession, sales-purchases and-or ammunition.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2020 10:55PM by GNPE.

Posted by: Wayne LaPierre ( )
Date: January 25, 2020 01:40AM

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: January 24, 2020 10:55PM

I was in Seattle a few months ago. As you come in from the East on I-90 in to downtown Seattle and turn right (North) on to the I-5, you can look down and to the right, from the freeways which are a elevated quite a way from the ground level there, and see a big tent city down below. That's definitely not where I would want to live. It's unprotected and in a bad place. I can't think of any where within reasonable walking distance from there that would be safe to be at night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2020 10:56PM by azsteve.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: January 25, 2020 12:08PM

There are 131 Job Corps Centers throughout the United States. They offer free educational training and vocational training and it is for young people ages 16-24.

The United States offers that hope and opportunity; third world countries do not offer any hope.

My opinion is that these young people can turn their lives around if they really want to; the problem is, many don't have that ambition or desire to do so.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: January 25, 2020 06:27PM

... So much depends on where the individual places "being cool" on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.

Unfortunately, the need to "be cool" is inversely proportional to age: The older you get, the less it becomes a necessity, until finally, you're 74, wearing plaid pants, with a belt AND suspenders and a striped shirt, five days in a row. Also, the pants are a little too short ... so the frayed mismatched socks in the very scuffed huaraches really stand out. Yeah, it's called "Old Cool" or "old culo" if you're in the know.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 04, 2020 05:05PM

You are thinking about normal, well-adjusted kids who just happen to be living in poverty or in low-income households. Such kids are able to take advantage of opportunities, and often do quite well.

Unfortunately, a lot of kids living in poverty grow up with abuse and dysfunction in the home. In a number of cases the parents are drug abusers. Or they just ignore the kids. I remember one child told me that he ate dinner on a tray every night in front of the TV. His mom never talked to him.

Kids that grow up under circumstances like that are often not capable of making good choices. They often suffer from mental illness. The schools do what they can, but school personnel often can not make up for such severe neglect.

Date: January 25, 2020 12:18PM

Friday Nite the 9 y.o. boy who was shot in his leg left the hospital for home; the news reports included that he & his fam were from Oak Harbor a far-away Navy town, they were in Seattle for some sort of JW event.

Other news stories mentioned that Harborview Hospital, the area's Level 1 trauma hospital, was prepared for this event without calling in 'extra staff' which itself is good to know. Among all the stories of hospital problems, Harborview has managed to maintain its great reputation in the PNW.

Lots of ppl come to Seattle for medical care, also Spokane draws many folks from MT, ID, OR.

Date: January 27, 2020 01:03PM

3 shooters implicated, 1 in custody

this part of Seattle Downtown has a very druggie reputation, but is close to Nordys & Macy

Date: February 01, 2020 08:02PM

I'm seeing on the news the remaining 2 'at large' suspects have been arrested in Las Vegas 2/1.

Posted by: Screen Name ( )
Date: February 02, 2020 02:18AM

If you overheard somebody planning to kill every member of the human race, you would be guilty of abetting mass murder if you didn't nip that evil in the bud. It is better that one man perish, than that a whole planet be slaughtered.

Never judge a shooter without getting the facts, first.

Posted by: Spock ( )
Date: February 02, 2020 02:24AM

Please quote me correctly. I'm not some enchilada, you know!

Date: February 04, 2020 04:38PM

Fighting extradition is pretty much pointless.

Today the pair, chained together, waived extradition meaning they agree to be returned to WA; Is the couple from the Blanding escape incident available for prisoner transport?

Perhaps they'll fly on Conair...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2020 11:48PM by GNPE.

Date: February 07, 2020 03:04PM

A 4th arrest warrant has been issued, this one for gf of one of the accused for driving 2 to Nevada, putting them in a m/hotel room there...
Marriott perhaps?
'rendering criminal assistance'

Date: February 07, 2020 04:03PM

Coming home today, I saw cruisers blocking off the area around a nearby hospital, crime scene tape, etc. Seems somebody went inside and shot a patient. My first guess, a grievance assault.

I'll have to revisit that thread where Lot's Wife asked me if there are any "no-go zones" I'd avoid, and I said, "natch!" Perhaps my own neighborhood?

As that great, late, West Coast sage Rodney King once opined, "Why can't we all just get along?"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.