Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: twojedis ( )
Date: January 27, 2020 12:40AM

I don’t know why, but I felt like popping in tonight to express gratitude to those who remember me on this board. Sithlord and I celebrated 30 years of marriage today. It was almost 8 years ago when he came here looking for help. He was trying to figure out how to tell me that Mormonism was complete crap.

Long story short, he told me, I freaked (briefly), I tried to research and save him, three weeks later I received my “new name” of twojedis and became an obsessive poster here. Like many, I posted a ton in my first year. After that, I got busy with living. Four of our five sons are grown. Only one is Mormon, but he’s cool with us being us. He tells me frequently that I’m the best mom he could ever have wished for.

I now have a graduate degree and a career as a child and family therapist, specializing in religious trauma, and working with deeply traumatized teens and families, from all types of traumatic backgrounds, religious and otherwise.

I just wanted to express my gratitude for those who participated in this forum, who eased our journey, and provided wisdom when we were so in need. The selflessness, kindness, and at times, the brutal truth was exactly what we needed at the time. It is because of my experiences in Ex Mormon forums that I decided to pursue my master’s degree in counseling psychology. The advice given here does mean something, and in my case, it shaped my future.

Many thanks to anyone who remembers sithlord when he was poor stuckinzion and who took him under your care. Cheers! You saved a marriage and have helped us reach a milestone! 30 years!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 27, 2020 12:50AM

I remember you guys fondly (I just read back then) and have often wondered how you are doing.

Congratulations and thanks for coming back to say hi!

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: January 27, 2020 01:03AM

I remember both of you....

Happy Anniversary!!

:D

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: January 27, 2020 01:26AM

Congratulations!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 27, 2020 05:38AM

I remember you both. We enjoyed your company on the board as well. I'm so glad that things have worked out for you. Happy Anniversary!

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: January 27, 2020 07:08AM

Always good to hear from alumni and that you are doing quite well. Thanks for letting us know.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: January 27, 2020 07:29AM

Good to hear you're doing well!

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: January 27, 2020 10:30AM

Yours was a great story.
Congratulations for 30 years! Many more wonderful years to come for you I hope.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 27, 2020 11:49AM

Skol! Congratulations.

Posted by: edward812k (not logged) ( )
Date: January 29, 2020 04:42PM

Happy Anniversary! You guys were great. Those were some fun days on the board. The internet was inflicting such heavy damage on an almost daily basis. I haven’t posted in years but I saw your post and wanted to wish you both well. Congratulations!

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: January 30, 2020 10:54AM

Thanks for popping in and updating us! So glad to hear all is well and that you've gone on to help others with religious trauma. How cool is that???

Posted by: montanaexmo ( )
Date: January 30, 2020 11:34AM

Congrats on 30!! Hopefully you did something fun and unique for your "honeymoon" on your 30th.

I have wondered over the years since you first appeared here how things worked out. Always good to get a "return and report" from former active posters.

I always remember you guys because of your unique screen names. Some of the best ever. Your success and happy life and the ability to post and tell the world about it is one of the enduring features of the loss of control by TSCC. That loss of control and the acceleration of it will be one of the main things that ultimately helps contain the growth and evilness of TSCC.

I'm sure you received helpful support in your journey by coming here, as you should have, but your willingness to share your story has been an inspiration to us all and I'm sure has been helpful to legions of folks that have ditched TSCC.

Don't be strangers. I enjoy your perspective.

Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: January 30, 2020 07:06PM

That is great news!!! Happy Anniversary to you both!!! It is so good to hear from you.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.