Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: January 31, 2020 03:56AM

President Nelson calls the church the ongoing restoration of the gospel. This is a clever Segway into any new changes made are part of the restoration. It basically means the church can change things and is not tied to or stuck with what former prophets have written or said.

It’s obvious Nelson wants the church to be a more recognizable Christian church. Ministering replaces home teaching and he’s gone to great extents to eradicate the word Mormon because people view it negatively.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: January 31, 2020 04:26AM

Right, Rubicon. Did you read the thread about the new Mormon Handbook being published onliine, only, so the cult can keep changing their written policies more quickly and easily? Why go through the dragged-out process of pubishing it--it isn't fast enough to keep up.

Soon, the POGP, the D&C, and the BOM will be online only, for quick changes, corrections, and deletions. (I think they'll just delete the POGP, altogether.)

Maybe the cult will switch the remaining fragments of altered Mormon history over to strictly digital and online. It's so much easier to edit on the computer.

The Mormon church certainly is an "ongoing" problem in my family life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2020 04:30AM by forestpal.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: January 31, 2020 06:01AM

I am looking at the two next in line to inherit Rusty's magic lighted pen and notebook. I don't dare call Rusty a progressive in any sense, but he has rolled out some changes to the church.

I can't see Oaks as the type of leader who makes any type of changes. To me, he's the type who defends his position at all costs. Same with Bednar.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.