Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ForcedToBeMorg ( )
Date: February 01, 2020 04:09PM

Don't get me wrong, medical supplies for China are hugely needed and important help. At the same time, I can't help chuckling at all the Church hype. Mass emails to members, Facebook posts, and front page photo on their web site including a personal statement from The Profit himself. All over a relatively small donation given Church resources.

Christ said to do your good deeds quietly and without fanfare. This looks a lot like an image-building corporate response to getting caught stashing $100 Billion and doing nothing with it but making more money. :-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: February 01, 2020 04:16PM

Yet another publicity stunt.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: February 01, 2020 07:33PM

Mormonism Inc is a failure on many fronts, and generosity is at the top of the list. I was thinking today about that 100 billion and that it's just sitting there when there is still needy people in the world,... and of course needy people in China.

We have an expanding government that is taking the place of religion when it comes to assisting the poor. But ideally it's the churches job to rehabilitate or help and feed the poor, But mormondom doesn't do squat! As a result My taxes are higher than years past, and instead of freely giving charity, the government has to take the money from my paycheck whether I agree or not. Our freedoms as a nation are eroding, largely because of these fat churches like Mormondom inc. that aren't doing their jobs, or helping anyone!

Sorry for the rant.

Date: February 01, 2020 10:29PM

"it's the churches job to rehabilitate or help and feed the poor" ... says who ? Is this another of your fantasies ?

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 01, 2020 11:07PM

It’s a social contract. Churches receive benefits from the government in the form of tax exemptions. These are huge benefits, which the church rakes in without giving anything to the local community.

They are all take and no give except when they are caught with their hand in the cookie jar. TSCC is NOT a church by any stretch of the imagination. That their tax exemption hasn’t been revoked is a failure of American jurisprudence.

So yes, they do indeed owe the public.

Date: February 02, 2020 12:19AM

Any so-called "charity" provided by churches is ultimately paid for by taxpayers. The charade must stop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2020 12:03AM by Dave the Atheist.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.