Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: February 03, 2020 02:13PM

The major theme of Russell M Nelson's reign has been continuing the restoration. This is the topic of a new article found at LDS.org.

The article is a feel good, everyone has their special place in the world and we all have our part to play in continuing the restoration. Exactly what does the church mean by continuing the restoration? Doing what the prophet says to do.

Continuing the restoration could mean anything the church wants to make up. Christ never talked about building temples and performing a masonic inspired game of Simon say's. Jesus said to follow him, not a shareholder in a multi-billion dollar corporation that seems to put more money into investments than charity. I guess restoring the gospel is being a volunteer janitor keeping the corporation's assets clean and well groomed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: February 03, 2020 02:20PM

Rusty the Ruinator or could also be Ruminator. Let the BS continue to spew forth out of the mouth of God or His prophets as it is the same.

Date: February 03, 2020 02:35PM

Russ thinks re-naming things solves problems. He's in a pickle. Nobody is interested in christianity anymore. Mormon is a word people have a negative opinion of. So he has to get rid of the word Mormon in a church that it's main product is the Book of Mormon. Even if he extracts Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon he's stuck with an American Christian church. That ain't going to sell anymore.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 03, 2020 03:40PM

Where are the converts?

The church should be booming if it's so grand. If the mormon church was great and full of goodness, then why aren't the former disaffected members popping in once in awhile?

I can't even drive by the one in my neighborhood without flipping it off. That's how much I feel about the church.

Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: February 03, 2020 05:24PM

Its very hard to see jesus doing the masonic thing. It really does not compute other than 'THAT IS WAY OFF from the jesus in the new testament.'

I'm actually surprised the operation is still going to be honest. I don't pay attention to it other than seeing the two salesmen walking around every once in a while.

I seriously just see the gospel as 15 scrooge mcducks swimming in a bank vault of 100 billion dollars.

Date: February 03, 2020 06:34PM

$100 billion is the cash we know about. That doesn't include the physical assets or other investments. The church get's a bunch of free labor and $7 billion in tithing a year. Plus a few million duped souls who kiss the ass of the old men in charge. They could cut the members loose and just be a holding company. They have enough money to do so but why give up the free labor, ass kissing and seven billion dollars of tax free cash a year?

Date: February 03, 2020 07:17PM

It is way too hard for them to give up the ass kissing. It may be their downfall perhaps. Why people haven't figured out they are just old men raking in their cash without prophecying or healing anything i will never know. No one just stops to think hmmm apostles that don't heal or prophecy and i am getting more poor and doing 'volunteer' work constantly for these rich f#cks that have multiple homes while we are barely scraping by shopping at the DI for everything.

Date: February 03, 2020 05:30PM

But they are swimming in huey, duey, and lueys cash. Not money they earned.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.