Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: February 13, 2020 04:05PM

The ONLY way she will have any kind of a relationship with me is if I quit criticizing her faith, which I try not to do to her face, out of a desire to not drive a wedge in our family. But she means, don't criticize my church even anonymously, on the internet, or on FB, even though she blocked me years ago, because she has MORmON friends who follow me around on the internet and report what I say about her abusive Doomsday CULT to her.
So, that makes for fun times at family gatherings.
Why I feel need to speak out?
Because so many victims have been victimized and intimidated into silenced by this abusive CULT. that I feel like I need to speak up for them and stand up to the bullies who protect this evil CULT out of pure ego.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: February 13, 2020 04:25PM

It makes sense to me.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 13, 2020 04:59PM

If you give in to her demands by not speaking out, then the church wins. I wouldn't give up my right to dignity and self-respect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2020 05:00PM by messygoop.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 13, 2020 05:53PM

I would ignore this request. She is not the boss of you. If she needs to practice Mormon-style shunning, that's on her.

Posted by: forestpal ( )
Date: February 13, 2020 06:07PM

Mormons don't respect boundaries.

Who does your sister think she is, telling you what to write and say? Mormons are arrogant in wanting to take away our rights.

Do you tell her to not talk or write trash about YOU, or about your favorite political candidate? Your sister and her cult are constantly trashing apostates and intellectuals (that's YOU), and accusing others of "following Satan", and teaching in their meetings that all other churches are false. Those are harsh accusations--yet you are not threateneing to withdraw your brotherly love from your sister because of that garbage. Not yet, anyway.

This is not "love" that your sister has for you. You already know that Mormons don't believe in unconditional love; in fact, Nelson preaches against it.

Ah, there are tough decisions we ex-Mormons have to make: keeping-the-peace vs personal integrity, acceptance (it ain't love) vs exercising your human rights, supporting lies vs following the truth, etc. It's your sister's way vs the highway.

These are choices we shouldn't ever have to make!

You are clever enough to find your way through this labyrinth of lies, brainwashing, threats and manipulations, that the cult has created in your life.

RFM is here to help us all navigate these stormy waters that are intentionally stirred up by the cult. Mormons want power! They want attention! They want publicity in the headlines! They want money! We know where Satan's path really leads, and we must not be afraid to stand true to our convictions.

I live true to myself, and have still been walking on eggshells around the Mormons in my life. It's a balancing act. My experience has been that nothing really placates the Mormons, except perhaps to go crawling back to the cult. I have tried to maintain relationships with Mormons, but I will always be the apostate divorced working woman. Despite all my efforts, these past 9 years, I ended up losing all of my Mormon former fake friends, anyway. Most stopped speaking to me immediatly, when I resigned. Examine your relationship with your sister, because maybe it isn't worth the effort. When I'm honest with myself, I'm rrelieved to have these haters out of my life, though their smear campaign against apostates will continue, and I'll always take a stand against that.

I went to a grandchild's baptism, and I dressed nice, was pleasant, and behaved very well, but my daughter accused me of "frowning." I was still not good enough; I didn't have the right smile. My TBM family members have forbidden me to talk about the Mormon church or Mormons or religion at all, around them and the grandchildren. So, shall I demand that they don't talk about non-Mormons, around me? LOL. Just shut up about 99% of the human race, you cult-members, because you are trampling on MY world!

I appreciate you, Shrodlingerscat. Stay strong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2020 06:18PM by forestpal.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: February 13, 2020 06:48PM

Do you want to have a relationship with her?

Does she continually engage with you on how her church is true and you are an apostate?

Is the only relationship you will tolerate is one where you are allowed to criticize her church and its teachings, whether she engages or not?

I see it as being about 2 things....

1) Do you want a relationship her? I mean with her, no church stuff, for it or against it.

2) It's about boundaries, both yours and hers, and even though mormons don't always respect other people's boundaries, they have their own too. And if you want a relationship in which both boundaries are respected, you'll have to leave church out of it.

She doesn't have to know if you are critical of the church on the internet or in conversation with others. If she isn't in your face about the church and you being an evil apostate, then it sounds like you are the one bringing the fight to her, hence being blocked.

If you have a crappy relationship already and you you don't want anything else, I get that. But if the only thing keeping you from having a decent relationship with her is your obsession with the church and your need to share that with her and everyone else on the planet....well, it's your ego that may need some work and I don't blame her from blocking you.

An unhealthy church doesn't automatically cause an unhealthy relationship.....it requires people to do that.

I have 3 very TBM siblings. We live rather far apart and don't meet up too often, but when we do, we enjoy each others company. We don't bring up the truthfulness, or lack thereof, regarding the church. They may mention something going on at church in conversation over a dinner, and I might listen while enjoying a beer. Then we might laugh about our childhood memories.

If the church was the obsession (theirs or mine), we wouldn't have a relationship. I'd block them for crossing boundaries, and they would do the same.

So what kind of relationship do you and she want?

Date: February 13, 2020 06:56PM

From the description, it sounds like she doesn't want the OP posting anonymously on RfM and similar sites. To me, this behavior is so highly controlling that there is likely no manner in which the relationship can be repaired. I'm going to bet that she herself would not care to be told what she can or cannot post anonymously on the web.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: February 13, 2020 07:13PM

How would she know he was posting anonymously here or in other forums unless he tells her?

If he's posting it from his facebook page, then she can block him.....and she did.

My point is he needs decide what he wants. If the relationship must contain the church, it won't work, and it sounds like for him, it must contain the church.

When people cling to the church, either for it or against it, and they insist on bringing that to the relationship, it ruins the relationship. I don't care if someone is holding to the rod or completely letting go of it....being obsessed with either is the cause of the problem. And based on his antics here, he appears very obsessed with his side of it.

Date: February 13, 2020 07:23PM

He stated that other people follow his anonymous posts and report back to her. He is not the only board member where this has happened.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: February 13, 2020 07:12PM

Are you looking for recovery or validation because if it is the latter I don't think I'm the one to give it to you. I wish I could give you something in the way of validation but try as I might you are someone I think I just can't.

Date: February 13, 2020 08:55PM

There's a real long story w/ my eldest Sister, who is the only one of us kids to still be active in the church.
She sees herself as the family Savior and the keeper of the Mormon "legacy" in our family.
She is a writer and writes a lot of books, some on Mormonism and Home Schooling your kids. She hates what I have to say about the abusive
Doomsday CULT of Joseph's Myth, especially since she enabled the rape of her own two daughters (my nieces) By her adult Son. One was in diapers when he started raping her.
She is an adult now, thank God.
But still hangs out with this creepy rapist in our family, who gets treated better than me, because he is Mormon and I am the black sherp for calling CPS and the Cops when I found out.
So according to her, I turned on her and tried getting her children from her.
I did what I was morally, ethically and legally REQUIRED TO DO!
I followed the law and I'm the bad guy in her warped mind for calling the cops on my Sister's Son for raping his little Sisters, my Nieces.
Sis protected him from ANY consequences. She lied to enable him.
Daughters want NOTHING TO DO with their abusive Mom. They deserve to be multi millionaires.
And Im elated Sister wants nothing to do with me or the rest of our family, so much so she moved to another continent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2020 10:06PM by schrodingerscat.

Posted by: DNA ( )
Date: February 14, 2020 06:01AM

Say, we speak out about slavery, even though it ended so many years ago.

Sometimes saying that something is wrong maters, even years later.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: February 16, 2020 03:38PM

I was thinking along similar lines.

This is insensitive, so I apologize in advance, but imagine a former inmate in Stalin's prison system complaining about her experience. In what universe would it be okay to say, "You can leave the Gulag but you can't leave it alone?" Or Guantanamo. Or North Korea.

It is not only permissible to criticize what we experienced in Mormonism: it is morally imperative.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 14, 2020 10:03AM

I wouldn't want to have anything to do with her. She is sick. What kind of a mormon is she if she allows her daughters to be raped by their brother, let alone A MOTHER.

She is no fine example to look up to. She obviously has some HUGE ISSUES.

I wouldn't want a relationship with a sister like that.

Posted by: OneWayJay ( )
Date: February 14, 2020 02:22PM

Because the practice of telling lies to try and convince people they have the truth has not stopped.

Date: February 14, 2020 03:10PM

OneWayJay Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Because the practice of telling lies to try and
> convince people they have the truth has not
> stopped.

I'll STFU about the abusive Doomsday CULT we inherited when kids are no longer being silenced by fear after having been raped and their rapists get away with it with zero repercussions just because they're MORmON Penisholders and their victims are powerless innocent, scared kids, and when the abusive CULT quits forcing kids to sing the praises of a child rapist.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 16, 2020 03:27PM

Okay, but that’s not why I’m no longer Mormon. They created a God I want nothing to do with and bears no resemblance to the God I believe in. Because my God is not a bigoted, homophobic, misogynistic, judgmental, self righteous pompous asshole.

Posted by: Idiot in Idaho ( )
Date: February 16, 2020 01:59AM

Ask her why she is still criticizing Bush or Obama years later after not voting for them? Makes as much sense.

You gave up the ugliness of mormonism not your freedom of speech.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: February 16, 2020 02:02PM

We don't forget brain surgeries or mormon abuses. Why? Because they continue to have an impact on us and others.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2020 02:02PM by Cheryl.

Posted by: dirtbikr ( )
Date: February 16, 2020 02:27PM

My sister is the same, DOES NOT KNOW BOUNDARIES, it’s a Mormon thing, they think they are always right. I have just moved on knowing I might never talk to her again. I have plenty of friends.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 16, 2020 03:41PM

What’s wrong with toxic friends?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.