Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: omyheck ( )
Date: February 16, 2020 03:49PM

I received a letter from a young girl named Virginia (yes, the same Virginia who asked me if Santa Claus was real), telling me that some people had told her the Mormon Church is not really true and asking me if that is right or if the Church is the one and only true church upon the face of the earth, as her mommy and daddy had taught her. The following is the letter I sent in response"

Yes, Virginia, the Mormon Church is the only true and living church upon the face of the earth, as the Brethren and your parents have taught you. Here are some of the most convincing proofs I know of that Joseph Smith was a prophet, that the Book of Mormon is true and that Jesus is the head of the Church:

1. If the Book of Mormon isn't true, why did Jesus agree to be in it?
2. If Joseph was not a prophet, how did he know that the Garden of Eden was in Missouri and that Noah built the ark in North Carolina?
3. If the Three Nephites aren't still alive roaming the earth, why can't anyone find their graves?
4. If the Mormon temple ceremonies aren't eternal, why are the Masonic lodges still around?
5. If Brigham Young was not a prophet, how did he know that men lived on the Sun?
6. If the story of Noah's Ark isn't literally true as the Church teaches, where did all the water come from?
7. If the Mormon Church isn't true, how does it know the secret password and handshake to get into Heaven?
8. If Joseph didn't see Adam and Eve outside the Kirtland Temple when it was under construction, how did he know that Eve had black eyes and dark hair?
9. If God isn't a Mormon, how does the Church know we are commanded to pay 10% of all our earnings to get into Heaven?
10. If Moroni didn't sneak into Joseph's bedroom, how did Joseph know where to find the Golden Plates?
11. If the Golden Plates weren't real, how could the angel have taken them back into Heaven?
12. If an angel with drawn sword didn't command Joseph to practice polygamy, why did Joseph cheat on Emma and have sex with all those young girls and wives of other men?
13. If Mormonism isn't true, how can so many six year olds bear their testimonies every month?
14. Finally, if Mormonism isn't true, why is the missionary position so popular?

Yes, Virginia, Santa Claus does exist and the Mormon Church is tru

t

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2020 03:55PM by omyheck.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: February 16, 2020 03:54PM

Back to church for me!

Posted by: delbertlstapley ( )
Date: February 16, 2020 03:56PM

They can go over this list at the next Conference session and then hand out paper copies at church the following week.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 16, 2020 03:57PM

That's good enough for me. I'm going to Costco right now to buy some new white shirts.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: February 19, 2020 11:32AM

I've heard about half of these seriously put forward as proofs that LDS Inc was "twooo".

And you missed one of the biggies: the BoM prophets had to be inspired by God to write the BoM. How else could they possibly have known that it would be translated by a man named Joseph? It says so right in the book.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: February 19, 2020 06:24PM

If the Book of Mormon isn’t true, then how do explain the fact that a prophet of God, even Joseph Smith, declared it to be the most correct book on the face of the earth???

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: February 19, 2020 07:00PM

Ah yes, ye olde Mormon logic. . .

The Book of Mormon proves that Joseph Smith was a prophet, and Joseph Smith's testimony proves that the Book of Mormon is true.

It's incontrovertible.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: February 21, 2020 09:18AM

Oh that’s hilarious. What’s even funnier is that I know mormon adults who would read that and go, “yeah! See! Answer THOSE questions smarty pants.”

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: February 21, 2020 09:34AM

I especially like #13. Why so many 6 year olds bear their testimony even when I was tbm that one would make me cringe. It's like that kid doesn't know his way home, how to cross the street, but he sure knows how true mormonism is. lol!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.