Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 18, 2020 03:59PM

as my "husband" never did our daughter's hair, EVER, even on the days I was working and he was taking care of them.

Obviously, this movie is all about mormons, right? The guy who helped on it sure seems to think so.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: February 18, 2020 04:38PM

>> "Obviously, this movie is all about mormons, right? The guy who helped on it sure seems to think so."

I saw it on "Sunday Morning" the CBS news show. mormonism is not what came to mind......but since there was a BYU alum involved with editing, it really must speak to mormons about mormonism and their mormon faith. mormons can so relate to this short film. I bet the missionaries will start using it as a teaching tool. I'm sure the masses will feel the truth of mormonism oozing forth from it, much like hair gel oozes from the tube.

Come to think of it, mormons should use consecrated hair gel for blessings. Might as well style the hair after messing it up with a bunch of laying on of the hands.

Posted by: nomonomo ( )
Date: February 19, 2020 11:34AM

This is just one more example of Mormons co-opting something that doesn’t belong to them.

Imagine if the dad showed up at a Mormon “church”. His own hair style, hipster beard, blue shirt, etc, would have everyone looking down on him.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: February 20, 2020 09:41AM

Yes. Co-opting. Mormon co-opting.

“And that’s . . . something that resonated with me as a BYU grad.” Whaaaaaat?

How can they drag their stupid church into everything like that?

What "resonates with me as a human being" is how disgusting the Mormon arrogance/ignorance quota is as they consider themselves the elite.

What resonated with me as a BYU grad was how the hell does anybody stand that school full of pompous asses.

Posted by: Screen Name ( )
Date: February 19, 2020 02:26PM

Praise God we already have black Apostles.

How long will it take to have a Prophet with stacks of cash on his lap at General Conference, please?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8020843/Rapper-Pop-Smoke-20-shot-killed-home-invasion-robbery-Hollywood-Hills.html

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.