Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bettydee ( )
Date: March 02, 2020 11:04AM

Just curious is conjoined twin Dori a.k.a Reba now George Schappell who join the church in 2006 active in the church?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 02, 2020 11:27AM

I have never heard of these twins. I am squeamish when it comes to some subjects, conjoined twins being one such topic.

But how do mormons address, or cope with, items in real life that do not speak to the promised order that ghawd supposedly set into place for this mortality?

Like with the new life form that doesn't require oxygen?

And the life forms that live (can only live!) near hyperthermal volcanic ocean vents!

When one really takes a look at one's surroundings (this earth), there is not a lot to be said for orderliness.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 02, 2020 12:16PM

Is this for real ?

Posted by: bettydee ( )
Date: March 02, 2020 02:45PM

Yes it is , Goggle the name and Mormon.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 02, 2020 06:42PM

am not sure if they have.

I had twins and this was my greatest fear. I was waiting on that ultrasound and the doctor showed me there were 2 amniotic sacs. What a relief that was.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: March 02, 2020 10:42PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lori_and_George_Schappell

Beats the heck out of me what this thread has to do with Recovering from Mormonism, however.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2020 01:43AM by SL Cabbie.

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: March 03, 2020 04:08AM

Um, it's late at night, 2:00 am, and I'm having trouble visualizing this. Did both twins have to be submerged when the one was baptized? Will George be allowed into the temple, if his conjoined twin is not temple worthy? How can George go through all those secret rituals, and get married in the temple, and how have Lori see everything. Would they blindfold Lori, and put earplugs and headphones over her ears? When they use the restroom, do they go into the men's or the women's? Now, I'm going to be awake all night trying to figure out all of this....

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: March 03, 2020 04:57AM

Unless TSCC has changed their policies, George will not be allowed in the temple as they prohibit transgender people from receiving the priesthood.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.