Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 09, 2020 10:17AM

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-08/coronavirus-elderly-frail-people-at-risk

I think this is the main reason LDS Corp cancelled their auxiliary meetings prior to conference. I doubt that they will announce it or even admit to it, but it wouldn't surprise me if they stopped meeting for awhile. They fear death. Even GBH hanged on as long as he could.

It's a sobering thought that these cranky hatemongers could go very quickly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 09, 2020 10:51AM

at the care center died in Washington. I'm 62 and I keep thinking no way am I old enough to be called elderly!

That would be a huge concern I would assume to the 15. GC isn't that far off. I wonder what they'll do if the cases in Utah start to really increase.

I have taken note how the leaders of the lds church fear death. I've talked about my SP uncle who fought death. He was in a nursing home for quite a while. I thought that was how all elderly died as it seemed it was that way around here. Then my parents died. My mother spent a few days in a nursing home after going septic and being hospitalized, but then she died there eating dinner in her bed. And then my dad died in bed at home. Neither feared death. The thing my mother feared was leaving my disabled brother behind. I didn't know you could go like my parents did as in Utah everyone seems to hang on and hang on especially the lds leaders. They do everything they can to not die.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2020 10:54AM by cl2.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 09, 2020 10:53AM

We can only hope ...

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 09, 2020 10:55AM

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 09, 2020 07:47PM

Dream on.

Corona virus could be good news for pension fund managers.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 09, 2020 08:26PM

Not if the fund is heavy into old folks' warehouses. The coronavirus could make that a dying business.

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: March 09, 2020 08:52PM

Yes please.
I love irony.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: March 09, 2020 09:03PM

If one of them actually came down with it and died that would put paid to there being zero power in the priesthood and power of prayer. JMHO

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: March 09, 2020 09:24PM

I suddenly had this vision of the lot of them sitting in a place, surrounded by fire, like the Pope during the plague.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: March 09, 2020 09:29PM

To be honest, as a TBM, I sometimes worried what would happen if The Priesthood were lost because the GAs died suddenly. My, how I’ve fallen! The limp Boner

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 10, 2020 12:12AM

Then it would be restored to Donald Trump by Larry, Curly, and Moe.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.