Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 20, 2020 09:12AM

As part of his effort to be awarded sole custody of their kids, Brisn Boudreaux copied stuff written by his ex-wife Melani's boyfriend.

It's supposed to be what Melanie told him regarding the truths auntie Lori and step-uncle Chad have learned regarding the plan of salvation.

A key belief is that dark spirits can evict the spirit from its body which is then a zombie and it's no biggie to kill that zombie...

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2020/03/read-exhibit-from-brandon-boudreauxs-court-filing/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 20, 2020 09:51AM

I'd ask where they come up with this stuff, but I think I know the answer.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 20, 2020 12:56PM

So you are saying the dark spirits exercise jurisdiction over the body?

Date: March 20, 2020 03:49PM

I submit myself as living proof!!

Apparently, once one of ghawd’s faithful has identified a body whose original occupying spirit has been kicked out, that body is just a useless husk, and killing the body is not a sin.

When has there ever been a religious leader who came up with a religious plan that frustrated a personal chosen course of action?

Date: March 20, 2020 04:03PM

That is the great thing about God. She always tells people to do what they already wanted to do.

And she is always right!

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: March 20, 2020 04:00PM

Mormonism seems to produce a particularly bizarre fringe element.

Date: March 20, 2020 04:11PM

Yeah, mormonism does seem to give wacko-minded individuals a big head start!

My favorite remains the MP in Australia who got some sister missionaries to let him into their pants, using mormon theology to buttress his loins.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 20, 2020 07:29PM

I'm trying to follow the path but it is confusing. A friend of an friend of an ex-wife of a boyfriend?

That is the gosh darn horses mouth I tells you!

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: March 20, 2020 09:10PM

Somewhat related - perhaps a stand alone thread:

Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds…

“During seasons of great pestilence men have often believed the prophecies of crazed fanatics, that the end of the world was come. Credulity is always greatest in times of calamity. Prophecies of all sorts are rife on such occasions, and are readily believed, whether for good or evil.

“During the great plague, which ravaged all Europe, between the years 1345 and 1350, it was generally considered that the end of the world was at hand. Pretended prophets were to be found in all the principal cities of Germany, France, and Italy, predicting that within ten years the trump of the Archangel would sound, and the Saviour appear in the clouds to call the earth to judgment.”

Date: March 20, 2020 10:02PM

That was exactly the topic of Barbara Tuchman's A Distant Mirror: the Calamitous 14th Century.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: March 20, 2020 11:16PM

Barbara Tuchman's A Distant Mirror: the Calamitous 14th Century is one of my favorite historical books. She was an amazing author. The March of Folly is also a recommended book in my opinion. It is quite applicable now.

Date: March 21, 2020 12:24AM

Agreed. Tuchman shows what a self-educated person can achieve. If I recall correctly, she graduated from college but otherwise received no advanced academic training and mastered the history and historical analysis on her own.

She was an amazing historian, a great woman.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 20, 2020 09:26PM

don't forget:

Joe set the 'standard' for men-women relations, many ChurchCo guys (and a few gals) want to go back to those days, those standards, I KID YOU NOT!

but see, every woman should (MUST) have a 'worthy PH holder' to call her from her grave, no matter if she shares him with multitudes of 'Sister Wives'

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: March 20, 2020 11:24PM

Good hell, the crazy is thick. Notice the SEX part? Also notice that a man can have many wives or "one true" one. No doubt that is how Lori sees herself. Interesting too that they built in a reason they don't need to wear garmies. I guess they are uncomfortable in HI.

What a bunch of self indulgent bs.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 21, 2020 01:40AM

This is a bad time to kill zombies. You can’t get Purell.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.