Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: March 21, 2020 10:33AM

Short youtube clip:

https://youtu.be/2uVE0hWQs_E

"...we’re living in the final part of the Last Days. Undoubtedly, the final part of the final part of the Last Days, shortly before the last day of the Last Days."

I was sadly a Mormon missionary in Finland during 1975 when the JW's were proclaiming the world was going to end. They had thousands of baptisms that year compared to my cult's paltry total of 40 baptisms. These guys were everywhere with their bullhorns and knocking on doors. Many quit their jobs, sold their businesses and pulled children out of school. Well, the world did not end. JW's lost a third of its membership shortly thereafter. I heard of some JW's committing suicide due to their financial ruin. The Watchtower attempted to and still whitewashes the event claiming it was over zealous members acting on their own. Like a true cult, it takes no responsibility. This latest prophesy is intentionally vague as far as the end date. The 'last day of the last days' is ambiguous at best.

Note: There is a possibility this clip is not credible. I am taking time to see if I can find the source. The 1975 prophesy actually happened.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2020 10:35AM by Eric K.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 01:17PM

Also, Harrison Ford signed on to do another 'Indiana Jones' movie; after the last crappy 'Crystal Skull' junk, I look forward to end of the world rather than see a wasted movie...

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 04:24PM

Is he going to portray someone's great grandfather ?

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: March 21, 2020 10:54AM

In searching around, Stephen Lett is a member of the Watchtower governing board. Other photos of him from other events match this video. So it appears genuine. Ex-JW sites describe him with the same disdain as we of Packer or Oakes. Again, very similar leaders.

Well back to tormenting the neighbors' cats and dogs with my practicing. I wonder why the neighbors lawn mowers always seem to start up at this time?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 21, 2020 11:11AM

My jay dub relatives were all giddy about 1975. The idiots never learn.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 21, 2020 11:29AM

I was taking my trash to the dumpster the other day and I saw what was obviously a JW hand-made drawing of the "last days" complete with lots of circles and arrows. It reminded me of drawings of the afterlife that Mormon missionaries sometimes make.

I felt really sorry for the person who was trying to make sense of the epidemic with absolutely no comfort from their religion.

Posted by: Backseater ( )
Date: March 21, 2020 12:05PM

The Herbert W. Armstrong cult of Pasadena, California was also big on the end of the world, from World War II up to the 1970's. They were planning to flee, perhaps Jonestown-style, to the ancient city of Petra in Jordan to escape the tribulation; but never actually got around to it.
The 1975 end of the world was hyped up so much that they had a lot of explaining to do afterwards: "...we never said that!" etc. Apparently a common feature of controlling, apocalyptic religions.
And to summer: I saw a diagram with lots of circles and arrows at a Multi-Level-Marketing presentation once, too.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 21, 2020 12:16PM

Fear sells Jesus. Just more last days selling but the JW’s have been dumb enough to name specific dates. Nothing ever happened. But people are gullible enough to keep these church’s going.

It can be religion or toilet paper. Both seem to make people feel better in a panic.

Posted by: canuck guy ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 11:14AM

The clip is credible, It is taken from a video posted on the JW.org website, between 2:00 and 2:20 into the video.

Here is a link to where you can find the video: https://www.jw.org/en/news/jw/region/global/coronavirus-report-interviews/

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 01:16PM

We are not even close to "the last days".

The temple would have to be build in Jerusalem first and water flow by it.

Doomsday prophets are nuts.

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 01:38PM

Good find Eric K:

"the final part of the final part of the Last Days, shortly before the last day of the Last Days."

I don't know why this "part" of the JW cult leaders quote made me laugh. The rhythmic redundancy sounds very familiar and the kind of quote that cult sheepie lap up with their cult kool aid.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 01:58PM

What was special about 1975?

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 04:40PM

Mrs. Boner printed off a talk from Nelson on ChurchCo's webpage about preparing for Christ's Second Return. Essentially, we have to save both the living AND THE DEAD, become more righteous, and not let fear get us down.

Posted by: stan ( )
Date: March 22, 2020 05:57PM

I was raised as a jw , and this is a real video.
I dealt with this crap for years, now my wife is a Mormon and
it's totally PTSD.

Posted by: Jacko Mo Mo ( )
Date: March 23, 2020 07:42PM

I kid you not, my Stake President implied corona virus = last days a few days ago.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.