Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 27, 2020 10:49AM

Why is the Mormon church leadership not showing any real trace of leadership at this time of international crisis?

Efforts to bring home missionaries around the world have been piecemeal at best. Planning to bring missionaries home, and for their families to safely pick them up, has been noticeably lacking. The church leaders were slow to close temples (with one temple closing only after a patron tested positive.) Worst of all, where are the pledges to release all foods held by the church for charitable purposes? Where are the sizable donations for medical supplies, medicines, etc. from the church's vast financial reserves? The pledge that ward bishops will do everything possible to help out of work members? Where are the announcements that give church members directives in support of CDC guidance?

Have the Q15 checked out altogether? And why are church members tolerating this abysmal lack of leadership and charity during a time of crisis?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 27, 2020 11:29AM

Because the great and powerful Oz can do no wrong.

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: March 27, 2020 11:38AM

You must trust in the Lord's pen-light profit. At any moment in the Rusty-Wendy bedroom, the pen light will flip on, almost miraculously, and revelation will come pouring in.

I suspect Jesus will reveal something to the effect and in a ghostlike voice, "Russell...Russell...Russell you must give 5B of the 40B to COVIT research to find a vaccine...then give 10B to the saints. Give the Q15 15B a piece for their families. Let Wendy do the talking now...since she's bugging the eternal stuffings out of me to be in charge...okkkay see you later in our next pen light session...byeeee."

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 12:54PM

:D

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 27, 2020 12:01PM

LOL! I decided to check their site.

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/?lang=eng

Countdown to conference tops their bill.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 08:48PM

But but but... It's such a comfort (To TBMs) that some Deseret Book Stores remain open & ready to take their $$$!

Praise to the Almighty Dollar!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 27, 2020 12:17PM

Don't quote me on this because I haven't confirmed it as an absolute certainty, but there are rumors circulating that the church hierarchy wants you to continue to pay tithing on any and all income you receive during this test of faith.

Date: March 27, 2020 12:20PM

How about they buy tests of Corona?

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: March 27, 2020 01:06PM

They ought to buy cases of Corona and give them out to residents-like me.

Date: March 30, 2020 11:08AM

They probably have stock in Corona.

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: March 27, 2020 01:32PM

My daughter and her family, who used to go regularly to church, told me that they closed the building, with an understanding that it is unknown when it will be re-opened. Members are told to worship at home and the husbands can bless the sacrament.

I don't know what women who live alone will do--just pray at home, I guess.

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 11:32AM

pollythinks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't know what women who live alone will do--just pray at home, I guess.

Good place to do it I suppose. That's all a man can do either. Or stay home and craft, clean, organize, study, write, build-fix something, play games, veg... Or GET OUT and hunt, help others, anything besides pray...

I hope lds women - single and double - realize they aren't alone, and they have power of their own, and are designed just like men (well, not necessarily just like them), with their own thoughts, power of intention, and efforts (of their own) of manifestation.

BLESS IT women.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 08:50PM

Well D'oh!

The Women, married, widowed, single, divorced, ... Make Doughnuts!

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 11:19AM

summer Wrote:
> Why is the Mormon church leadershit not showing any real [f]ace of leadership at this time of international crisis?
>

They NEVER Do.
What's new?

> Have the Q15 checked out altogether? And why are church members tolerating this abysmal lack of leadership and charity during a time of crisis?

Because THEY ALWAYS DO... or they get a CLUE [and leave Mormonism (like it left them a long time ago)].

It's rediculous! But, AS ALWAYS, Mormonism TALKS, and acts, ONLY when it is FORCED to.

And even then, it is rarely (if ever) true.

It's responses are usually TOO LITTLE (if anything at all), TOO LATE (and just that, RESPONSES). Inadequate. Lackluster, at best. NOTE: the members do the work and TSCC claims the credit.
AND Mormonism ALWAYS TAKES MORE than it gives. It usually doesn't even give a SHIfT-

It could (couldn't?) Care Less about the members [though it is careless, negligent, faulty...], as long as it GETS (a hold of) THEIR MONEY!

It's afraid.
Reacting...

What's new?

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 12:27PM

IMO, they will never demonstrate true leadership for two reasons:

#1: They know TSCC is false, that they are charlatans, and that the jig is almost up.

#2: They are AFRAID. They know they have no real power, not even to protect themselves.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 01:43PM

Their leadership will be to tell the members that they are suppose to rely on themselves (self reliance). A two year supply of toilet paper will become the new requirement for all tbms. Conference will be a big hoopla about the 1st vision, holy Joe, martyrdom, and how great it is to be born in these, the latter days!

I can feel the contrived tears forming already.

Date: March 31, 2020 06:53PM

macaRomney Wrote:
> I can feel the contrived tears forming already.

Like a deluge of delusions.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 02:32PM

The church leaders have been wrong on every social movement.

They learned the hard way with the Hoffman scandal. They have no discernment. Heck, they even had leaked videos of their secret meetings and temple rituals. They were powerless to stop them, save for busting a guy from videoing himself in their parking lot. They also busted a woman for yelling out during a pause in GC.

Their optimistic talks about church growth has been embarrassing.

-How's that Russian temple (announced but never disclosed) coming along?

Wasn't the first CV related death from a temple-attending member?

If you think about it, the most angriest, bitterly disaffected ex-mos should have been the first to die. That's what mormon teachings reinforce: the act of leaving the church will result in failure. Yet, most of us ex-mos are very happy, successful people without the church.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 02:44PM

(removed)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2020 02:46PM by summer.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 02:39PM

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 07:25PM

summer Wrote:
> Why is the Mormon church leadership not showing
> any real trace of leadership at this time of
> international crisis?
>

For the same reasons everywhere where leaders fail to lead: because those they lead don’t demand it, or even expect it.

Like every failing politician’s, Nelson’s failures will be excused by the very people he fails.

Why do politicians consistently sell-out the people? Because the people will make their excuses for them.

Mormons are masters at making excuses for their leaders, time after time after time.

At the beginning of being led, Mormons excused their leaders who stole their wives and screwed their daughters and grinned in their faces and pronounced it God’s Will. Imagine excusing that.

It’s wrong to question leadership, especially about its failures. That’s all Rusty has to say, and is all Mormons ask for.

(We don’t get what we don’t ask for.)

Human

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.