Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: March 30, 2020 09:32PM

Years ago, I promised not to interfere with Mrs. Boner's right to participate in her church. We've agreed not to give each other grief about religion. But, hours of those geriatric, delusional voices ... what's a Boner to do?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 30, 2020 09:54PM

Ear buds, Mozart and thou...

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 30, 2020 09:59PM

get an Orangutan & make sure it has plenty of Boner Bonding time in a local park.

Hey!! You Asked!!!!!

Date: March 30, 2020 10:02PM

Wagner and the stereo turned up! I hope the two of you are well!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2020 10:02PM by BYU Boner.

Posted by: WVDude ( )
Date: March 30, 2020 11:59PM

Hopefully you are doing well. Please run around naked at BYU with your boner. (Please don’t do that, however if you do, I absolutely don’t hate you if you do)

I don’t want refreshments.

A Manhattan in Manhattan would be nice.

Peace be with you!

Date: March 31, 2020 11:07AM

You know, that just might be a great idea! Years ago when streaking was the thing, a fast naked jaunt across campus would get you excommunicated and kicked out of the Y.

So, I’ve kicked BYU outta my life and self-excommunicated via resignation...hmmmmmm. Where did I put my running shoes?

Peace be with you, too!

Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 01:22PM

Ever watch the movie "old school" with will farrell haha. "We're going streaking!!"

Date: March 31, 2020 10:49AM

I remember being FORCED to watch conference as a kid. I would have much rather stayed in my bedroom and did nothing. Daydreaming about better things is key to surviving this torture trust me. Still remember watching the slow talking of the old guys. I later learned that this slow talking is a hypnotizing technique.

Just remember the good times when it was just you and your boner. Haha, good luck buddy.

Date: March 31, 2020 11:11AM

Thanks for being in solidarity with me, Warrior! Perhaps, I could document: how a cult tries to cover its ass in the midst of a pandemic. Fuck the Morg, Bro!

Date: March 31, 2020 11:30AM

Fuck that conglomerate of robots doing the same thing every year haha. My brain still remembers pieces of the torture. My brain has recently accepted that some people are unaffected by the corruption and think the operation is awesome and full of handshake virus love so i just let it go. As long as they do not follow me then i am cool. I am moving again. I have realized that i have transitional anxiety which my counselor says is common for a guy with ptsd. Making another step man. Farther away from all that repetitive nonsense just to get money out of my wallet. Its always been about the money and the 15 scrooge mcducks swimming in their 100 billion dollar vault. Oh well, let them have their greed i guess as long as i am very far away and do not have to watch them swim in their 100 billion dollar vault in their speedos then i guess i am good. But when i see kids in my town with no toilet paper right now i definitely think about those greedy bastards. I do think unchecked greed instead of caring about humanity is a factor to the complete lockdown we are in. But i digress.

I will leave you with a shakespeare quote.
'To bone or not to bone that is the question.'

Date: March 31, 2020 11:49AM

HA! If the opportunity presents itself, I’m sure I won’t have any existential angst against boning!

Date: March 31, 2020 12:11PM

I know you will make me proud boner and live up to your name Da Boner.

Date: March 31, 2020 12:53PM

As a jedi once said, "may the bone be with you this weekend." Haha

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 11:59AM

BYU Boner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Years ago, I promised not to interfere with Mrs.
> Boner's right to participate in her church. We've
> agreed not to give each other grief about
> religion. But, hours of those geriatric,
> delusional voices ... what's a Boner to do?
Franlly I think some Red Nichols or Louis Armstrong jazz would help

Posted by: WVDude ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 12:28PM

Please keep Buford T Justice,, err, Governor Justice in your mind.

Every way, shape, form or fashion.

Also, please wash your hands before you touch anything.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 12:32PM

Did you also promise to participate? Otherwise, I don't see a reason to be in earshot of those godbotherers.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 12:51PM

"...godbotherers."

hahaha

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 12:52PM

Earbuds, rock & roll, a few simple tools, some glue, and a model car or airplane.

If things get really intolerable, you can huff the glue.

Date: March 31, 2020 12:56PM

Maybe also get a gameboy. I kind of want to make a model airplane right about now.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 01:09PM

about it. Let's see how they handle holding the 200th anniversary during this crisis. Let's find out what kind of advice they give. I'm sure they've got nothing but the same old stuff.

My TBM daughter isn't around home and if she was, she'd go to her in-laws' house or stay wherever she was living, but this year I don't have to listen to any of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2020 01:10PM by cl2.

Date: March 31, 2020 01:25PM

Probably the same stuff i heard twenty years ago. I'm done with that slow hypnotism nonsense. Look at the camera and talk slowly crap.

Date: March 31, 2020 01:34PM

I actually thought they had their talks memorized as a kid because of the see-through teleprompters. Once i found out they were reading the whole thing i was unimpressed. I memorized long speeches in college in a public speaking course so the warrior is not impressed by non-memorized speeches.

Date: March 31, 2020 01:16PM

Don't play cards (or gambel)

Watch those earrings, sistahs

(artificial) Birth Control is a No-No

De-Caf coffee is OK (Yes, they really said that!)

others?

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 01:53PM

They keep waffling on the coffee thing. It was all because of Mitt Romney's run for president. A reporter asked why he drinks Diet Coke, since it was supposed to be forbidden in Mormonism. Then they came out with a statement that Mormons can choose for themselves if they want to indulge in Diet Coke. Then came the argument that if Diet Coke is ok, then why not decaf. Since then, they've said it's ok and it's not ok and everything in between.

Date: March 31, 2020 02:19PM

Before MacRomney, in about 1972 (?), there was a FP SM ltr that they said that de-caf was OK!

few of us remember that, I know.

Date: March 31, 2020 01:49PM

I may watch it. Then I can ask my TBMs, "Did he reeeealllly say that ?"

Date: March 31, 2020 01:51PM

Don't those teleprompters have Auto Correct ?

Posted by: librarian ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 02:38PM

I once was set up to watch the GC and had hurt my left arm so was immobilized in a chair with a cold pack.The others were on their phones, so I got out a pen and piece of scratch paper and wrote down what was happening. A good example of passive aggressive action by in law.I can't remember a word that old geezer said, but remember the shock at the attempt at manipulation.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.