Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 30, 2020 10:44PM

sure, you've got your base of TBM supporters / Devotees ... but they haven't pulled any Rabbits out since 1978 if you count that as 'revelation'...

I'd be surprised if overall numbers aren't Way Down without any prospect of a turn-around soon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 04:35AM

No sympathy for the arrogant pricks and their 100 billion.

Mormonism has crashed and it's about time.

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 09:28AM

Agreed. Depression for many reasons:

1) Weekly fan adoration and worship has come to a standstill.
Their spineless egos can't take it.
2) Their usual hugs, back rubs, handshakes, and kissing - no can do anymore.
3) Tithing has hit an all time low. This is their livelihood. I realize they have it hoarded away, but I bet they're nervous.
4) Most of all - they know they are extremely susceptible to CV and there will probably be some vacancies in the Q15 and Q70 in the near future. Bound to raise questions why they were not protected.
5) No church, temples, etc. The sheepie are enjoying the down time, and have time on the internet to explore.
6) There was no head's up by the prophet on this...and CV is huge. It's almost like he didn't know?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 09:45AM

Lately? Jeff Holland has been depressed for the last 20 years, for good reason.

But yeah, the times they are a changing.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 09:53AM

deathly afraid of going inactive. Never thought I'd hear her pronounce that.

They have to be extremely afraid of the virus just for their own mortality and not because of what it will do to the members' beliefs. Do we really believe they care about anyone else as if they die of this, their reign has ended. If we could get an idea of how they are reacting, it would sure show how much they truly BELIEVE.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2020 09:56AM by cl2.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 11:06AM

The junkies can’t imagine life straight. What happens when they dry out?

Many people the same age as the GAs don’t fear death. I’m pretty sure the GAs do. They know what they’ve been doing to members by abusing their trust and warping their minds for money. They want to put off their judgement day as long as possible.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 11:53AM

bradley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The junkies can’t imagine life straight. What
> happens when they dry out?
>
> Many people the same age as the GAs don’t fear
> death. I’m pretty sure the GAs do. They know
> what they’ve been doing to members by abusing
> their trust and warping their minds for money.
> They want to put off their judgement day as long
> as possible.
I don't fear death (I am 84) It's the thought of dying that scares me

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 02:48PM

he was going to go through to get there. No one can tell you. My parents both died "easily" compared to if they had the coronavirus. They had health problems, but died alone (I have 2 disabled brothers and I think they did this on purpose so there wasn't a bedside vigil although one of each of my brothers found one parent or the other). I talked to both my parents just before they died, still lucid.

At this time, I'm grateful my parents have already passed. My mom's sister is in her 80s and I'm very concerned about her. My parents would have surely died from this virus because of all their other medical illnesses. I don't want to die of this either. I'm not afraid to die alone.

I have taken note while watching my own parents and all their siblings die that the leaders of the lds church are so afraid to die. It makes you wonder why--that they are liars.

Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 11:55AM

I read in a book by steven hassan that chanting produces a high. I've never chanted myself(thank christ) so i am not sure. So if the chanting stops then there will be a withdrawal for sure.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 02:52PM

I've chanted during sex, but it's hard to figure exactly where the 'high' comes from, exactly...

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 11:34AM

The GAs control/manipulate/'rule' by virtue of 2 concepts:

1. PH 'authority'

2. By discernment / discretion of their offices

I believe that both of these have been slightly but still significantly eroded in the past yrs, the biggest jump was given by Wrinkley...

History will show me Right or Wrong about this, but I believe it's all been Downhill since Gordon was at the helm.

Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 11:57AM

I agree. I think a lot of people liked the hinkster and was probably a strong force of why they stayed in the operation.

Posted by: Bamboozled ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 03:50PM

Are you kidding?

This pandemic feeds right into them. They'll use this to manipulate and say "we told you so" ad nauseum.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.