Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 06:07PM

With this pandemic affecting everyone on the planet, there is a possibility that the TBMs might start to wake up. I wonder if they will realize that they don't need the church anymore.

For example, do they NEED to go to church on Sunday? I remember as a TBM those Sundays when I couldn't go to services for some reason. I tried to act like I missed church but deep down I was glad for the break. Now that there are no weekly services it could help the members to reflect why they even go in the first place.

Is the church helping out people who are out of work? Who is helping out more...the U.S. Government or the church? Again, this could help people think about all of the tithing they paid for little help in return.

Do they need the Priesthood? I remember growing up with lots of stories about the "power of the priesthood". Well, for all of the hype it turns out the priesthood isn't powerful at all. The church wields this power but it really does nothing. They have basically admitted to the fact that the priesthood is worthless by recalling the missionary force. Healings by way of the laying-on-of-hands are not really happening and certainly not bringing back anyone from the dead.

With all of these significant events going on...WHERE ON EARTH IS THE PROPHET? Why is the prophet remaining silent? Why was there no warning? No help at all from the Lord's anointed. Just stay at home and don't ask the church for help because if you do actually ask for help you will be shamed for not doing enough prepping on your own.

I suspect the overall effect of this pandemic will be to decrease the activity rate in the Morg.

Here's hoping anyway...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 06:15PM

They’re saving their big revelation for General Conference. I suspect many Mormons will be disappointed.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 06:41PM

I agree, Bradley.

Posted by: Warrior71783 ( )
Date: April 02, 2020 01:50PM

I predict that some of the talks will go off on 'story tangents'. Keep the people sidetracked with stories.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 06:21PM

to go to the church website and put in their address and phone number, and they will direct the bishop of their ward to get them a food order. I'd like to see someone try this.

I also posted something else I saw about God preparing the world for GC by bringing about this pandemic and how he has done it.

Date: March 31, 2020 06:56PM

Nielsen rating, Nelson, I see a connection. Kind of like virus and beer.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: April 02, 2020 04:43PM

A measure of how many people are tuned into GC.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 06:44PM

We've had more nonmembers ask us how we were and if we needed something. The members haven't except one friend of my wife's. The other Mormon asked us the day after Guatemala shut down if we weren't able to go - not if we needed anything. He is supposedly our "minister."

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: March 31, 2020 06:49PM

It’s called “ministering distance.” All my ministers distanced when I resigned, they don’t bring me Gospel lessons anymore. Hope you and the family are well, Elder.

Date: March 31, 2020 06:50PM

Ah, that's it. Keep up the good work Elder's Quorum!

Date: April 02, 2020 01:55PM

Hahaha ministering distance.

Date: March 31, 2020 06:46PM

praydude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's hoping anyway...

Their billions of dollars fund for Jesus is hurting right now. They can't be bothered with the hoi poi.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 01, 2020 07:35AM

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: April 02, 2020 07:54AM

No.

Morbidism doesn't HELP mormons, but in fact expects Mormons to 'HELP' IT in these ladder days (all days and nights).

It's more like, HELP YOURSELF (or we will HELP OURSELVES to your estate, peace of mind, mental stillness, your individually, etc., etc., etc...) And we will hurt you to do it.

LDS - Last Days Sinners - exists to LEECH off the members. It's not set up, or set apart, to HELP the members, BUT TO BLAME THEM when they aren't "giving" enough.

The members SUPPORT tscc, not the other way around.

Date: April 02, 2020 01:59PM

Correct. That 100 billion sure could help a lot of people right now.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: April 02, 2020 11:47AM

Rusty says.. Just pay your tithing and I will be fine.

Date: April 02, 2020 02:01PM

Hahahahaha the guy is swimming in money right now or hiding in a bunker from the virus.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 02, 2020 12:24PM

The loss of control over members may be palpable, because if you can't coerce them to physically go to meetings and temples under the veiled threat that they may lose their ticket to the CK you have to double or triple down on the propaganda.

Date: April 02, 2020 12:45PM

I think a mild panic is setting in now that Mormons realize they’re on their own in this. They paid all that money for what? The faith of the GAs is as limp as what’s downstairs.

So Mormons, where is your God now?

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: April 02, 2020 12:53PM

Only 2 days left and then we will all be waiting for that revelation that is about to come.

Posted by: annabelle ( )
Date: April 02, 2020 01:16PM

Well I have noticed that my very TBM Adult kids
are calling and FaceTime a little more-actually a lot more ----

which I absolutely love :) I love seeing them and the grandkids.
I miss them all so much.

Maybe because the church encourages them to check on Grandma/Grandpa?

Maybe because they miss us?

I will take it.

Date: April 02, 2020 02:05PM

I actually do miss my nieces and nephews.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 02, 2020 03:51PM

Do they need the Priesthood?

In my 84 years on this planet I cannot recall a single instance where as a result of a "priesthood blessing" there was a recovery from a disease that the inflicted would not have otherwise recovered from!!
I remember growing up with lots of stories about the "power of the priesthood". Well, for all of the hype it turns out the priesthood isn't powerful at all. The church wields this power but it really does nothing. They have basically admitted to the fact that the priesthood is worthless by recalling the missionary force. Healings by way of the laying-on-of-hands are not really happening and certainly not bringing back anyone from the dead.

Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: April 02, 2020 05:14PM

I don't recall ever being present for a priesthood blessing that actually worked either. It seems obvious looking back, but the thought of the priesthood being fake never really dawned on me for many years.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.