Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: April 01, 2020 08:11AM

Many people have posted about nightmares of leaving their mission only to be called back again.

Those nightmares are now a reality.

Missionaries can now be released for 12 to 18 months and then return to finish their missions.

On the good side some missionaries are able to walk away and reapply later.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: April 01, 2020 08:36AM

Bwahahahahahahahahah...I am thinking now that they will have a taste of freedom after realizing what drudgery a mission is all about, they will not have a lot of takers for a 2nd go. There may be a few, but not many. It's like trying sex for the first time, one you try it once...

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: April 01, 2020 10:16AM

Many of them left home thinking that there were people praying to hear the truth about the restored gospel, and that the field was ready for harvest. They had heard people testifying about “the best two years of my life.”

Now they know the reality of mission life. It would be tough to go back.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 01, 2020 11:03AM

My daughter is going to be released either today or tomorrow. She has some friends in her same situation - home with parents waiting to be released. She is sad and so are they that they can't be on their missions right now. She is talking to one right now. They all hope to be called again in a month to their former missions.

This may change but I doubt it.

On the bright side I have a month or more to be with her. We are going to watch movies and listen to the devil's music. She is wearing her mission outfit today but yesterday she was in sweats.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 01, 2020 11:46AM

dozens of female passengers on mish-chartered flights back to the U.S. have put up a Website bragging about their membership in the Mile High Club giving specifics about their experiences including length (duration) & (partners endowment)...

Senior Companion male missionaries comment on giving their female co-conspirators 'heavenly visions' during their covert visits to airplane lavs... (junior companions weren't allowed to comment)

GAs were asked to comment, but declined except to say they hope that the 'proper protections' were used, one wants to delay further comments for just over 270 days...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2020 12:10PM by GNPE.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 01, 2020 07:25PM

The mile high club??
That was originally a brag thing about having had sex over a mile in the air.
Surely this does not apply to returning missionaries!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2020 07:32PM by thedesertrat1.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: April 01, 2020 07:58PM

What's today's date?

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: April 02, 2020 08:37AM

I'm a member of the mile high club: got high over a mile in the sky. Man was I high! That not a question.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: April 03, 2020 11:10AM

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mile-high-club-flight-attendant_n_5aa2c8a0e4b01b9b0a3b1ce4

If having cramped airplane sex is high up on your bucket list, we have some good and bad news for you: It’s easier than you think to pull off, according to a long-time flight attendant.

The bad news? You’re essentially having sex in an airborne porta-potty; that plane lavatory may seem clean, but beneath the surface, it’s pretty damn filthy.

Jenna Leigh is the author of the new book Faking the O, a memoir about her unique dating struggles as a flight attendant and single mom. After 22 years working for a major international carrier, Leigh has seen plenty of passengers struggle to join the so-called mile high club ― but a good number of them have been successful, too.

How did they pull it off? Leigh shares how couples have successfully done the dirty 30,000 feet in the air and the mistakes that led other randy passengers to get caught in the act.

What are some of the worst attempts you’ve seen through the years? Any particularly funny anecdotes?

I’ve seen a whole lot of sexual encounters go wrong and for a variety of reasons. That said, the No. 1 reason they fail or get caught in the act is because they’re too obvious about it. Couples try to be discreet, but it always backfires because they act so guilty and end up drawing more attention to themselves.

The second biggest mistake couples make is timing. If you want to give yourself the best chance at joining the mile high club, take a red-eye flight where most passengers are likely to be asleep! You’d be surprised how many people attempt (unsuccessfully, of course) to engage in sexual acts on full flights in the middle of the day.

One time, I had a couple who began making out in their seats and thought it would somehow draw less attention to what they were doing if they covered themselves up with a blanket. Wrong! Well, that and the giggling certainly didn’t help, either. They drew so much attention to themselves ― it was like they wanted to get caught.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: April 02, 2020 09:47PM

Several times I've been to the two mile high city. Does that make me a member of the two mile high club ?

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 01, 2020 08:23PM

This is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: April 02, 2020 10:28AM

Who says missionaries (usually of opposite genders) don't lust after each other?

Oh, it's because god purifies their thoughts @ 100%, 'I forgot'.

Need a little stress relief on your flight home from a foreign country? Just WINK at someone you're attracted to, and if they're receptive, motion him/her to join you in the lav;

Never Happen(ed) you say? I'm the guy to tell you it does/it has.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: April 02, 2020 09:41PM

Don't want to go back? Make yourself unworthy before then. Perhaps that's what the missionaries on that plane had in mind.

Date: April 03, 2020 01:17AM

Seems like ChurchCo 'sort of' wants ppl to believe that sexual attraction only occurs between a married man & wife;

How's that working for them?

Posted by: reinventinggrace ( )
Date: April 03, 2020 01:16PM

Triggered a memory — I dreamed I was on a mission again last night. I was trying to fake it, wondering if people would pick up on it or not.

For the 10 years after I lost my faith (1998 - ~2008) I would have a recurring dream that I’d been called on another mission, and was going because I really didn’t have anything else to do, and figured I’d just call it quits 4 or 6 months in...

RG

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.