Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: April 04, 2020 10:37AM

I was watching the news when a TV commercial for an attorney came on. I am paraphrasing as I don't have it in front of me, but this is close: "If you have been sexually abused in the Catholic or Mormon churches..." That was the banner in large print on the top of the ad. Amazing. I live in Tennessee.

No missionaries, no meetings and clearly bad publicity will have a devastating effect on the Mormon corporation. That is all good of course. The difficult economic period we are entering will make paying tithing difficult if not impossible. I believe Mormons will suffer disproportionately due to paying tithing instead of savings. I don't know for sure, but the Mormon tendency to flaunt wealth, even when it is imaginary, to demonstrate blessings will cause hardships for many.

The Mormon leaders have completely let down the membership. The $100 billion investment fund of the corporation is a slap in the face to the faithful who paid their tithing and will not receive any assistance. This will hopefully instill a lack of faith in the leadership and these previously faithful members will begin thinking on their own.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 04, 2020 10:39AM

run old shows or like Court TV. I think it was on Fox News yesterday. These stations seem to also run the commercials about other lawsuits like the boy scouts and the Catholic priests.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2020 10:40AM by cl2.

Posted by: mrx ( )
Date: April 04, 2020 10:43AM

Catholics have paid out vast amounts due to many decades of sexual abuse covered up.

Boy Scouts of America has a lot of assets. They also declared bankruptcy, and can look forward to spending big money on attorney fees and settlement offers for covering up past crimes.

Now we know one reason the LDS war chest is over $100 billion. They have been preparing for the big decline which is starting to happen before our eyes.

Posted by: siobhan ( )
Date: April 04, 2020 12:02PM

The time is nigh for the harvest.

I believe we are upon the end times where upper CEOs of the cult will cut and run.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: April 04, 2020 01:46PM

Wow.

I wonder how profitable it will be for the attorneys pushing this.

Either way, I can't imagine a better negative advertisement for the church or Church.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.