Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: April 24, 2020 03:28PM

Are you able to do this?

Happily, I am. Even so, I still take frequent walks a block or so (with most strollers wearing a face mask), and in so doing discovered a new friend at the end of my block (only three houses away from me!). (As it turned out, she had just become a very young widow, with two silent dogs at her side to give her comfort.)

(This connection is due to my lemon tree that keeps giving, and I like to share it's fruit with my neighbors.)
---

Speaking of neighbors: My daughter and I happened to be standing on the cement walk in front of my house when a woman across the street from us walked by with her little son (still in diapers) who was pushing his own stroller.

Nevertheless, he was so excited to see us that he, by pantomime, blue us a kiss--which effort led him to sit down on his well cushioned bottom.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 24, 2020 03:40PM

I am glad you are able to get out....and you found a new friend, too!

Very happy for everyone, all around.

Posted by: Get Out and Stay Out ( )
Date: April 24, 2020 03:48PM

I love taking walks now that I have an effective disguise! So the coronavirus has done a few people a good deed. Certainly not at a cost we would voluntarily pay, but that was never really in our control, for the most part.

Yes, I am someone VERY famous and you would probably swoon-in-place if you knew that I was reading what you write.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: April 24, 2020 04:09PM

I knew Kolob would someday get Internet.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 24, 2020 03:50PM

I look for potential friends among my neighbors as well. Sometimes we just stay neighborly, but every now and then I strike gold. Your lemons sound like a great introduction!

I only go out for groceries and other necessities. Apart from that, I walk around my neighborhood. The walks make things seem almost normal, if just for that period of time.

Posted by: 4front ( )
Date: April 24, 2020 04:13PM

Staying in is government control nonsense. The idea that people mustn't go walking alone but can pile into supermarkets is hypocritical. If you walk and avoid going near other people, you are doing nothing wrong.

If you don't you risk mental and physical health problems such as depression and sciatica etc.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 24, 2020 05:42PM

In Maryland, "stay at home" simply means that you only go out in public if you are getting groceries and other supplies, or you are an essential worker. You can take a drive or get out and walk in your neighborhood.

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: April 26, 2020 10:15PM

I'll blow you a kiss, from here, pollythinks... If I don't blow it.

Except when doing necessary things about - essentially on the road - like working, or playing (sometimes I can't tell them apart), I'M STAYING put!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.