Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: May 02, 2020 05:41PM

the black man married to a white women who were stopped on a not often used mountain road by a flying saucer, which didn't touch the ground (instead a sort of light glowed underneath the vehicle, keeping it above the ground).

Supposedly, the man was brought on board so that he could be thoroughly and intimately looked over. After the visitors from space placed him back where he was they 'took off', going straight up.

The event certainly hit the news big-time.

I hope someone else on RfM remembers this event beside me!

Please 'return and report' this incidence if you also remember it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 02, 2020 05:45PM

Yet another alien anal probe ?

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: May 02, 2020 06:05PM

Betty and Barney Hill. It was the extraterrestrial version of a bishop’s interview.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: May 02, 2020 09:03PM

I don't remember this story on the board, but like the black and white couple, I had an experience in the mountains with a UFO, It was great! I saw a balloon like orb dart across the sky, It made no sound, It made no pollution. But I didn't see the space aliens and they didn't come to talk to me, Flying saucers are real though.

Posted by: Interrupted ( )
Date: July 12, 2020 07:18PM

Barney died back in the sixties, Betty in 2004. Before the alleged incident they were both heavily involved in civil disobedience, community activism and the local branch of the NAACP.

Betty and Barney also shared their names with a couple friendly with the Flintstones.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 12, 2020 07:23PM

I'm an extratelestial !!!

AMA!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 12, 2020 07:24PM

Yes, but are you a REAL extratelestial?

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 13, 2020 11:46AM

I was wondering whatever happened to those dogs y’all “rescued.”

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: July 13, 2020 06:07PM

There's two stories...One was "Fire In The Sky" movie fame of Travis Walton from Snowflake, AZ. He's the Mormon who got abducted then three days later showed up in Heber, AZ.

Two: Q. Walker Lewis. He was a devout Smith Mormon who tried to join the saints in UT, but was chased out, because his son was married to a white woman. A history of Mormonism contradiction by itself; i.e. Joseph Smith and the Nauvoo Saints were part of the Underground Railroad and were abolitionists (Lewis, Elijah Abel, and others) Then the Utah Brighamites became devout slavers and racists for decades. https://www.blackpast.org/african-american-history/lewis-q-walker-1798-1856/?fbclid=IwAR2llKXEKourYVlFRAdKPpNIuXKJXiOyLwkWtHMiGqeUGN75xRp0HPmEalc

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: July 13, 2020 06:12PM

In a somewhat related vein, I always keep in mind, when looking at national statistics, that 18% of Americans believe in alien abductions. I usually do a quick mental note if that could play into polling numbers.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.