Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: W8sted2years ( )
Date: May 14, 2020 02:42AM

My prophetic guess is when LDS resumes sacrament meeting post Covid they will roll out a lunchables type packet with Water and Bread in one where you peel off the (new logo) foil top swallow your triscut type bread and drink your holy water from the adjoined packet. Most
members will check the expiration date and barcode printed on the bottom with appropriate website and "all rights reserved"
example..Best Used by 10/22 www.ChurchofTurningToChrist.comm

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: W8sted2years ( )
Date: May 14, 2020 02:45AM

Sacrament

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 14, 2020 03:53AM

Kidding aside, I think their sacrament ritual is going to be a very big problem in a pandemic world. So is their goofball touchy-feely endowment.

Posted by: midnightseahorse ( )
Date: May 14, 2020 06:47PM

Wanna really piss the Mormons off? Take the sacrament with your left hand. You're supposed to take the sacrament with your right hand. It was fun seeing all the glares when I did this as a kid.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: May 14, 2020 11:42PM

Left hand with a glove on.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 14, 2020 07:08PM

left = 'sinister', Yes, it's in some dictionaries....

Oh, except what about left-handed ppl?

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: May 14, 2020 08:01PM

in b 4 ~ who was "cup Wafer & juice Sets"

http://www.church-supplies.com/Product.asp?sku=855326001503

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: May 14, 2020 11:18PM

Delightful stick to the roof of the mouth communion wafers. Was so happy when the Lutherans switched to real bread.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: May 14, 2020 11:40PM

I can just picture it now, "From the Church that brought you 'The Miracle of Forgiveness,' it's the All New SRP (Sacrament Ready to Partake)! Packaged using the same technology the Army uses for MREs (Meals Ready to Eat), this is blessed not once, not twice, but THREE TIMES to keep our members safe from COVID-19! Available for the low cost of a 10% tithe!*"

*See Bishop for details, offer may not be available in all wards, triple blessing not a guarantee against infections.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2020 11:47PM by ookami.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 15, 2020 12:54PM

Gotta keep local priests in on the deal, ? would they open the individual packets to perform the 'blessing'?

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 15, 2020 01:01PM

Great. More packaging for individual one time use. More plastic and waste.

Not that they ever cared for the environment (not exactly a concern in scriptures) but moves to be less green would be disappointing.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: May 15, 2020 01:31PM

I can visualize communion (wafers) will be distributed using tongs, without human touching, much like the John Cleese's MaƮtre D' character serving 'one wafer thin mint" to Mr. Creosote in Monty Python's 'Meaning of Life" movie.

One of the most disgusting scenes ever in a movie, I almost ripped a hernia from laughing so hard.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.