Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ODD THINKER ( )
Date: May 15, 2020 05:02PM

to their calling? IE Lived next door, Known as friends. any stories

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: May 15, 2020 05:14PM

Worked with Bender. Have been to his home as a friend of his wife. Had him and his wife to my home for dinner, just the three of us.

He is a fake through and through. He would listen sympathetically to my concerns at work and then actively do just the opposite. He was (probably still is) a giant boot licker to anyone in authority over him. I simply cannot stand him. Gigantic ego.

His wife was always genuine with me but she is subservient to him because of his power and position. Always liked his boys but they were not grown at the time so have no idea how they have turned out.

Posted by: ODD THINKER ( )
Date: May 15, 2020 05:20PM

Worked with Bender. Have been to his home as a friend of his wife. Had him and his wife to my home for dinner, just the three of us.

He is a fake through and through. He would listen sympathetically to my concerns at work and then actively do just the opposite. He was (probably still is) a giant boot licker to anyone in authority over him. I simply cannot stand him. Gigantic ego.

His wife was always genuine with me but she is subservient to him because of his power and position. Always liked his boys but they were not grown at the time so have no idea how they have turned out.

Thank you for your Response

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: May 16, 2020 10:13PM

His wife and my wife were friends, I've been to their house a few times,and have been at social dinners with him. He seemed very intelligent and sincere, a nice guy, but not really someone I warmed up to or wanted as a close friend, I know others really thought he was charismatic and impressive. I worked in a field where all of my coworkers had PhDs from very impressive schools and did impressive work in difficult fields, so I was not that impressed by him, I know others in the church that knew him thought he was a super intellect. He did not seem to be the type to make to apostle at the time, but my experience with Apostles included meeting them as a missionary. Gong was nothing like Thomas Monson, and that's a good thing.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 17, 2020 12:08AM

What does a profit do before he is a profit ?

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 17, 2020 02:49AM

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 17, 2020 03:42AM

Other cults have "prophets". LD$ Inc. has profits.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: May 17, 2020 12:34AM

Bruce R McConkie was a neighbor of my parents. He had a lot more personality and was a lot more laid back at home than he was doing his church assignments.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: May 17, 2020 01:53AM

I was Bender's home teacher when he was in grad school at BYU.

He was intending to quiz his boys about the big M and report to their bishops.

Posted by: MormonMartinLuther ( )
Date: May 17, 2020 02:15PM

More than a mormon testimony, I know for a fact he is a fake through actual experiences.

I would still be eating brainwashed pie if not for these and others.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.