Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Leftlongago ( )
Date: May 16, 2020 01:18AM

I somehow feel better about being inactive since the whole cult is now inactive. Now they know what it feels like to be free. Got to wonder how many dread going back. Think of all the rebellious teens now that they got a big dose of freedom.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 16, 2020 01:29AM

I wonder how many mormons tithed on their stimulus checks?

Posted by: Leftlongago ( )
Date: May 16, 2020 01:33AM

All the faithful brainwashed ones paid up

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: May 16, 2020 01:48PM

I wonder how many mormons tithed on their stimulus checks?
NOT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: May 16, 2020 08:22AM

I wonder how much charity the mormon cult is giving to their own members now that millions of church members are not working.

Bishop: Brother Jones, you should pay tithing before paying your bills or feeding your family
Brother Jones: But I don't have any income to pay tithing on right now. I stay at home all day because of the pandemic.

Bishop: well, you're getting unemployment income and a stimulus payment, right?
Brother Jones: Well yes, but I need baby formula and food for my wife and kids, and we haven't made any mortgage payments or utility payments in months.

Bishop: Pay your tithing first and the lord will bless you with abundance.
Brother Jones: What about church welfare? Can the church help to feed my family?

Bishop: The church stresses self-sufficiency. Do you have anything that you can cash-in or sell?
Brother Jones: What about the $100 billion Ensign Peak fund? Can you share some of that with the people who need it most right now? After all, the mormon church is a charity.

Bishop: Um... you're not supposed to know about that. That money belongs to Jesus. It's not ours to give away. Jesus would not be happy if we gave his money away to the church members who are in desperate need during a world-wide health crisis. And by the way, we're not the mormon church anymore. We stress Jesus now. This is his church and we need to use the church's proper name.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2020 08:53AM by azsteve.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: May 16, 2020 04:47PM

AZ Sreve I disagree with you. The mormon church according to the Hinkster himself is not a charity.
That they from time to time do charitable things is to their enhancement. But do not think that in any way they are anything but a money grubbing corporation.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: May 16, 2020 05:00PM

Of course they're not a charity. But they've got a lot of people thinking they are a charity as the example of the fictitious Brother Jones in my story typifies. That's why the government gives them a tax exempt status. Churches were always from the beginning treated by their respective communities as charities, because traditionally churches did good things for the community as a justification for their tax exempt status. The mormon church pretty much hoovers-up all the money they can take from the community ruthlessly, and give as little as possible back to their communities, sending the difference in to the church headquarters in Salt Lake. We agree that they are a money grubbing corporation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2020 05:01PM by azsteve.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.