Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lisa von und zu Liechtenstein ( )
Date: May 16, 2020 02:25PM

I grew up at a time when Heavenly Mother was totally taboo in LDS Inc.

Leaders used to claim that she was too "sacred" to be even mentioned (let alone prayed to, the horror...).

Lo and behold, now she's out in the open, even for Gentiles to see.

https://www.facebook.com/DelParsonArt/posts/heavenly-mother-is-a-metaphor-of-the-relationships-mothers-have-with-their-child/2427326490887689/

By exposing to the world such "deep doctrines", maybe Del Parson is simply taking revenge. After all, someone else's Christus was picked for the official Mormon logo, not his.

#DelParsonLeaks

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 16, 2020 02:29PM

Always with the blonde Nephites, even when it comes to spirit mom!!

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: May 16, 2020 02:48PM

Let me see, how to choose between this and the Pieta.

Date: May 16, 2020 03:00PM

Mary??? How dare you bring it up? How Catholic (apostate) of you... LOL

Mormons ignore Mary even more than Heavenly Mother. Maybe if Joe Smith had grown up in a Catholic-majority area, he would have incorporated Mary worship into his new cult.

But he was more influenced by neighboring Protestants, Free Masons and treasure-hunting Occultists.

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: May 16, 2020 06:00PM

My comment is about art not religion. One is amazing, the other not so much.

Date: May 16, 2020 06:12PM

I know. :)

At any rate, comparing Del Parson to Michelangelo is reaaalllly unfair. LOL

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: May 16, 2020 06:59PM

Years ago my great grandmother was in a care center run by a polygamist family. If you called the care center on the phone, inevitability a young child would answer. If you asked to speak with their mother the child would say, "Which one?"
In Mormon theology, ask to speak with Elohim's wife & you might get the same reply. "Which one?"

Posted by: SunGoddess ( )
Date: May 16, 2020 07:05PM

I'm gonna be blunt, you gotta remember it all started in the old testament, all women are whores for self righteous men to use as they please. The women are also supposed to be in the background and remain quiet or soft spoken. Women are also cursed with periods just because God made the mistake of making women too sexy. I believe all men and women should be treated equally, so I'm talking to both my spirit mom and dad. This is like telling a child to only talk to their dad not their mom. Can we say corrupt?

Posted by: Exmo Joe ( )
Date: May 17, 2020 02:12PM

Other Mormon doctrines to be portrayed by Del Parson:

* Cain swimming during the Flood (and then walking around as Bigfoot)

* Quakers on the moon

* Elohim's throne close to Kolob

* The Three Nephites

* Monson and his two eternal wives

* Dinosaur-recycling during the creation of the earth

* Adam as Michael

* Garden of Eden in Missouri

* Joseph Smith as an exalted god in a harem full of 14-year-old girls

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 17, 2020 02:27PM

"God has many thousands wives, but he never married Mary, the Holy Virgin. Mary is only one of the concubines of God. Jesus' half-brother is Beelzebub, the devil. Beelzebub is the son of one of god's wives, Gonhorra. Mormons are prohibited to pray to Mother Gonhorra, and they are discouraged from praying to God's (or Jesus') other wives, also. This is so that Mormons can better differentiate themselves from Catholics. Mormons are not usually told the names of any heavenly wives. This is so they don't accidentally pray to any of them or use their names in vain. Note the similarity with Judaism, in which JEHOVAH is only an acronym for His real name, which cannot be uttered. Like Jews, Mormons call themselves Gods' chosen people. Mormons call themselves Saints."

Posted by: MormonMartinLuther ( )
Date: May 17, 2020 02:35PM

Please add Joseph committing fraud by the book by having people look into the vault of Anti-Banking Society to see chests of gold without being able to inspect them. They were mainly filled with rocks and gold placed on top.

Possible title "Opening the Windows of Heaven to Make a Withdrawal"

For some reason, fraud and gold is a theme in the life of Joseph Smith.

Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: May 17, 2020 03:11PM

Actually, I kind of like this piece.

If only it were true.

Date: May 17, 2020 03:36PM

I don't think this art piece is particularly bad either...

I just think that it is ironic to publicly portray something that Mormons hate talking about (Heavenly Mother) and that they go out of their way to hide from the media, prospective converts, new members etc.

(It's "too sacred", "milk before meat", yada yada yada.)

Posted by: kentish ( )
Date: May 17, 2020 04:42PM

Some years ago many Mormon homes were adorned with the latest hot art piece or poster, usually professionally framed. . Top of the pops for a long time was a an illustration of the parable of the ten virgins and a close second was the Proclamation to the World, and then along came some quite good pieces from people like Greg Olsen. Paintings such as Parson's piece are often done for a wider commercial purpose then a one off in an art gallery. I suspect this piece as a reproduction or on canvas will be a big seller.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.