Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: May 16, 2020 06:55PM

One way I coped with this problem was to have my daughter come over, where she cut my hair for me in my backyard (as all the salons are closed).

How are you coping?

---

I am fortunate, in that I can take my morning walks without (usually) meeting any people, and therefore do not have to wear the bothersome face mask.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 16, 2020 07:23PM

I keep looking at my bangs, knowing I'm going to either take the scissors to them soon, or grow them out. I'm cooking more. Like many, I'm getting out for walks. My community has a number of walking paths, so it's easy to get out.

I have a hunger to be outside, so I'm reseeding my back lawn and sowing wildflower seeds on the edge of the woods. I've decided that it is finally time to help regenerate the woods, in which many trees have been struck down by lightning over the years. I figure if I plant one or two trees every year, that may help. I'm debating what kind of trees to plant. I think a couple of maple trees near the edge of the woods would be a nice start. If anyone has any other ideas, I'd love to hear them. There are mainly tulip poplars back there right now (hence the lightning damage -- those things are brittle!)

I'm financially in good shape because my spending has gone way down. I'm starting to think about providing for long-term, big ticket needs like a new HVAC system. Staying at home has provided a lot of thinking time, so I've been pondering where I'm at right now, and where I want to go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2020 07:25PM by summer.

Posted by: jay ( )
Date: May 16, 2020 07:41PM

"Staying at home has provided a lot of thinking time, so I've been pondering where I'm at right now, and where I want to go."

These are the stories I'll be interested in hearing in the future. People who had time to stop and think about the life they were living and the changes they made.

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: May 16, 2020 07:31PM

I walk with my best friend for an hour every second day. She’s the only person besides my husband that I spend time with. I text/phone/FaceTime my kids regularly. I keep up with other friends through texting and Facebook. I read, try to get to “house things” that I’ve been putting off and have been watching Netflix more than I should!

Here in Alberta, things are starting to open up a little this week. Restaurants and pubs are allowed to open at 50% capacity, and “non-essential” services such as hair salons, clothing and other retail stores can open I think with restrictions to the number of shoppers. I want to get back to normal, but I’m a little afraid at the same time. I hope it’s not too soon. I suppose we’ll know in a couple of weeks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2020 07:34PM by looking in.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: May 16, 2020 07:37PM

I miss travelling. Colorado is still in lockdown and I'd hoped to get out to the Rockies this year. I miss visiting people. I hope things change soon, so for my coping I'm doing work at home and also work at work.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 17, 2020 04:12AM

Wait--haven't you told us several times that you live in or near Ogden, Utah? When I check my map, that puts you squarely in the Rocky Mountains.

So were you lying about living in Ogden or do you not realize that the Wasatch Mountains are the Rockies?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2020 04:13AM by Lot's Wife.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 17, 2020 12:53PM

Bonus points for snatching Amazon Fresh deliveries, as it's extra risky because people are usually watching for them. I have lots of insulated Amazon delivery bins for anybody who wants some.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: May 17, 2020 01:05PM

Caffiend, was that you on our RING camera ?

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: May 18, 2020 10:38PM

The hair grows
I cut it,
Again and again,
Yet still, it grows

So I take walks
In between studies, hobbies, work, shirk, mirth & relaxation...

I stay away from others as much as possible. The mashed-masked society (and weirdness and awkwardness) isn't exactly for me.

HIGH in the mountaintops and DEEP in the sea - where there aren't so many "daring" people - is where I'm likely to be found, if I'm found at all.

I'm not lost-It's the others. I'm just trying to get away! FAR, Far away. Night and Day.

I LIVE people
I love LIFE too

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: May 18, 2020 11:32PM

My daughter trimmed my bangs. The rest, I don't care. I can grow it out like Jane Goodall.

Growing out bangs is just such a pain, especially without access to beauty stores to help you gel down the growing-out bangs.I may come out of this with long hair, but I don't really aspire to.

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 01:13AM

I have some gel catnip, if you need it. You're right about the bangs (I'd almost rather be shot, if I had a shot)!

Well, tomorrow is Trim Tuesday-

Here I go again...

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 01:17AM

Hubby has been trimming mine for around 25 years. I went in for a trim, they took off around 5" and he has done it ever since.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 02:07PM

I'm one of the lucky ones that have been allowed to work from home. Not most of my normal stuff, but they are supplying me with other things to do. With the cancer, working from home is actually a lot less physically stressful, so I find I have more energy.

I'm seeding some plants. We'll see how that goes. And feeding the birds peanuts. I love having them come down and feed while I'm sitting on my small porch. Dear SS is going to find the binoculars for me so I can see the ones that won't come while I'm sitting there. So far I've had Blue Jays, Grackles, Black-Capped Chickadees, Toweehs, Say's Phoebes, White-breasted Nuthatches, Sparrows & Dark-eyed Juncos come to my feeding station.

Hair is growing and will continue to do so (hopefully). I have long hair so it's not a problem.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.