Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lowpriest ( )
Date: May 17, 2020 08:00PM

For years I have worn a mask - the mask of so-called mormon happiness.

I keep my mouth shut when people make demonstrably false claims.

I smile at the appropriate times.

While I have been avoiding church responsibility and slow-walking all communication, I have tried not to draw undue attention to myself.

I don't use naughty language. I don't promote breaking the word of wisdom. I avoid suggestive images.

I stay in touch with my ministering families by sending innocuous text messages. I listen attentively as they talk about how the world is going to hell.

When people discuss the latest way that Russell Nelson is doing something brilliant, I nod slowly and thoughtfully.

In summary, my mask fits snugly.

On the other hand, I have been recovering from the virus of mormonism for decades now. There is a lot of discussion lately online about immunity from the virus once one recovers. I have to say, I will never get the mormon virus again, but there are definitely lasting effects.

If you have not been infected with mormon thought, take care to avoid it. Maintain social distance. Wash you hands of the nonsensical "testimony" of people who seem to care.

The lasting effects of letting mormonism infect your life can last a lifetime.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: sonofthelefthand ( )
Date: May 17, 2020 08:08PM

I concur.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: May 17, 2020 09:40PM

Your only option, at this point is to inject bleach and rubbing alcohol into your veins. You'll be cured in 5 minutes.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 18, 2020 10:10AM

That's great advice. It sounds so presidential.

Posted by: Lowpriest ( )
Date: May 18, 2020 01:09PM

There is a reason the admins put a sticky note with the suicide prevention number at the top of the forum.

I have had times when I thought a mixture of bleach and something else might be the right solution to fix my problems.

I called the hotline once when I was feeling particularly ready. It was difficult to even tell the volunteer on the other end of the line what I was contemplating. Something deep inside was actually ready to wrap this mess up and call it a day. Who would care?

I stopped thinking along those lines when I realized that it would have a negative effect on my children and my grand children. How could they ever understand? I also thought that I would be letting the lying con men at the top if the top of the mormon pyramid win. It still did not seen wrong, but at least I felt like I had a reason to try to press on.

Love those who need your love, even if they don't understand you.

Fight those who are evil. Don't let the bastards win.

Dave the Atheist, I know that you were being clever. I often enjoy your sense if humor. It just seemed like the right time to say this. Thanks!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 02:25AM

Wow. This is a touching post.

It sounds like your children and grandchildren saved your life so you can facilitate, or even save, theirs. You made the tough but honorable choice.

Posted by: MormonMartinLuther ( )
Date: May 17, 2020 09:52PM

The only way for mormonism to truly be eradicated is herd immunity.

When the sheeple no longer desire to be sheered well then prepare to hear the high tailing skiddadlin' foot steps of 12 apostles and then there was none. Oaks may still be left sharking into their exodus but the caring organization that brought us self shame for so long will cease to exist.

Posted by: Human ( )
Date: May 18, 2020 01:50PM

That was fun to read. Thank you.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: May 18, 2020 01:57PM

Clever analogy, Lowpriest. I laughed. Yet it's serious too.

I'm sorry you have to still be surrounded by Mormonism. As my aunt used to say often, and we (all female) laughed every time, "You're a better man than I, Gunga Din".

Take care.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2020 01:57PM by Nightingale.

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 02:03AM

I've washed my hands of Mormonism. It wears a mask: To Protect Us!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.