Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 10:02PM

I saw an ad on TV that showed M.O. hustling a product regarding a "loose weight" program.

My opinion: More power to her, if she can make a living in a new
area. It can be accessed at "Nutrisystem.com".

Just thought you might be interested.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 11:05PM

me?

I wish she'd use some of her persona to endorse a charity (OTHER THAN CHURCHCO, OF COURSE!!)

like Habitat, the Red Cross, or Heifer Project;

anything other than making lotsa $$$$ for herself, Please!!!

Posted by: Belle ( )
Date: May 30, 2020 12:02PM

My original response is in the wrong place. She has and does support a charity in a huge way: CMN

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 11:14PM

I just want her to be happy.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 11:23PM

Is money working for her?

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: May 22, 2020 08:23PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just want her to be happy.

You chose wisely, Saucie.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: May 22, 2020 08:53PM

kathleen Wrote:
> elderolddog Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I just want her to be happy.
>
>
> You chose wisely, Saucie.

I did kathleen.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 22, 2020 09:03PM

Get a room, you three.

;-)

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: May 22, 2020 09:05PM

LOL.

Posted by: logged off today ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 11:27PM

She's been with NS for about 13 years now (ca. 2007).

"Marie started NutriSystem around the same time that she appeared on Dancing with the Stars…"

https://www.oprah.com/health/marie-osmond-on-her-weight-loss/all

https://dancingwiththestars.fandom.com/wiki/Marie_Osmond

(I can't believe I actually looked this up. Way too much time on my hands thanks to this GD virus quarantine. I really need to get out of the house.)

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: May 19, 2020 11:42PM

Marie has gone from being a talented performer/singer, to being a shill for a commodity product. It's kind of sad. Most of us have had to re-invent ourselves at least once in our lifetime. She could achieve great things if she wanted to. She could at least peddle more than one product if she wants to sustain a career as a tv commercial actress... or she could sing about something she is passionate about, shed just enough of her mormon persona to let everyone know she can think for herself (if she even does think for herself), and amaze all of us.

Date: May 20, 2020 12:18AM

true dat

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: May 26, 2020 09:14PM

Marie (and her pee fetish) has ALREADY had far more attention, fame and money than she ever deserved, and she still managed to cry about that.

MORmON doctUrine on display: Marie not old enough to date, but old enough for Joseph Smith to *marry*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY143Twz5E4

Posted by: CateS ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 01:41PM

Wasn’t there just a Marie Osmond NutriSystem thread like a week ago?

Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 02:24PM

pollythinks Wrote:
> I saw an ad on TV that showed M.O. hustling a
> product regarding a "loose weight" program.
>
> My opinion: More power to her, if she can make a
> living in a new
> area. It can be accessed at "Nutrisystem.com".
> __________________
>
> Just thought you might be interested.

As opposed to a "tight weight" program?

Date: May 20, 2020 02:30PM

Like a dish...full of nutrient systems.

Posted by: tensolator ( )
Date: May 20, 2020 02:56PM

Although I did not go, my young men's group went to EFY. probably 40 years ago. They ran into MO at the Cougar Eat. That was all they talked about when they got back. How lovely she was. She was not much older than us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2020 02:56PM by tensolator.

Date: May 20, 2020 03:04PM

My rich great aunt used to live in their ward when I was young. We went to church with her a handful of times. I remember Marie was a pretty young thing but her and Donny especially seemed unapproachable. It was like everyone there treated them with the respect of GAs. I remember thinking that was weird.

Posted by: notmonotloggein ( )
Date: May 22, 2020 07:51PM

that doesn't have an image of MO burned into their brain hawking that lousy food.

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: May 24, 2020 08:37PM

From what I understand, she's a lil bit country.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: May 25, 2020 02:57AM

I don't presume to know what a day in the life of Marie O. is like but I do know her dad lost the big bucks for all his kids by forcing them to keep their entertainment $$$$ in jointly held investments that were mismanaged by their (most likely Mormon) financial manager. They lost a LOT by obeying Papa. He must have been one major control freak. Now they are all out on their own after having lost the proceeds from their highest earning years.

Marie was also sexually abused by a family member. I can just imagine the pressure to keep that under wraps.

She was also teased by her brothers during her childhood years for having baby fat. That caused an eating disorder.

She may not be my favorite celebrity but I can't help being happy she survived and is, hopefully, thriving.

Posted by: Annymo ( )
Date: May 25, 2020 11:34AM

I served 9 months on my mission with MO dad, "George O." or Elder O as we called him. He was one of the most nicest, kind-hearted, blissful men I have ever known in the Mormon church. I am a BIC, RM, Temple married former Mormon. That guy wasn't faking it either. He was genuinely a very nice loving man. Very warm, friendly, and genuine. Very much a people person. I don't compliment Mormons or the church, so for me to say that is something. I have a lot of hatred and resentment for the church and church members - but not him. I don't think he had a control freak side to his personality. You would think I would have seen that serving with him daily for 9 months in Hyde Park, but never did I see anything but a kind loving person. Frankly, I was pleasantly surprised.

Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: May 25, 2020 12:25PM

Posted by: Annymo ( )
Date: May 25, 2020 04:49PM

Really...that is surprising. Just goes to show that you really don't know someone like you think you do. Mormons are able to carry their church face and then there is another face they wear when no one is looking (or in their family). Huh...if his own sons said it, I would tend to lend credibility to a witness like that.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: May 25, 2020 03:20PM

Marie has said that it wasn't a family member who molested her. Perhaps she is now saying something else.

Posted by: Jacques Derrièrida ( )
Date: May 25, 2020 06:17PM

scmd1 Wrote:
> Marie has said that it wasn't a family member who
> molested her. Perhaps she is now saying something
> else.

It is still possible that it wasn't. The entertainment industry, whether pop music or Hollywood or television, is riddled with molesters as we have found out in recent years. It has always been a bad place for children. Apparently the Osmonds, squeaky clean as they were, kept being offered drugs by the creeps around them.

Sadly, many people seem to take the entertainment industry as a moral compass for society which is why we are in such a mess.

Posted by: Belle ( )
Date: May 30, 2020 11:59AM

Sorry folks but not one of you cited Marie Osmonds commitment to CMN as some charity she does lend her celebrity to.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 30, 2020 02:15PM

Posted by: Jacques Derrièrida ( )
Date: May 25, 2020 05:43PM

I'm well aware Marie has had a difficult life, but she does look really good for her age. In that sense she is a good ambassador for these products...

Psychologically, she is a mess, but that is not her fault as far as I can see.

Date: May 26, 2020 02:05PM

Hasn't she undergone facial 'reconditioning'?

Of course that's her choice!

I wish she & her hub would visit a nudist venue...

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: May 26, 2020 09:21PM

*somehow* her face has some much better structure than it did when she was younger with such unremarkable (at best) looks.

Posted by: mereditht ( )
Date: May 25, 2020 07:31PM

I do not like Mormons but I love Marie Osmond.

Date: May 30, 2020 03:26PM

this thread started on 5/19, but is still listed as 'NEW' here; ???

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 30, 2020 05:01PM

"New" just means that someone is continuing the conversation with a new reply.

Posted by: Birdman ( )
Date: May 30, 2020 05:22PM

What does this defense of Osmond have to do with Recovery from Mormonism? This is silly BS.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: May 30, 2020 06:17PM

The Osmonds are prominent Mormons. Any discussion of them is somewhat relevant. The thread was clearly labeled. Those who don't wish to read about the Osmonds can and may avoid the thread.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 30, 2020 06:19PM

Who can poor Americans turn to when the country is in flames if not Marie Osmond?

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: May 31, 2020 10:04PM

I'll add my one and only interaction or observation. Shortly before she and her first husband split up, I was at the local grocery store really late one night, like near midnight. In came Marie and hubby. I recognized her immediately and was somewhat surprised that she was there. But, I also knew immediately that she was really upset about something. I didn't say anything to her but wondered why she looked so pissed off. It wasn't too long after that when I heard about their split. Now they are back together so I guess everything is patched up.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.