Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 11:02AM

If there's a change (due to CV19 ?) this holds to aspect of some serious changes in the way ChurchCo presents to the members <which is ? significance currently>

Any thoughts or comments on this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: blindguy ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 11:45AM

Outside of possibly limiting the number of people that can be in the temple at any given time (physical distancing), I really don't see the LDS church doing much to change its temple practices right now. That's too bad, because there are other areas within the temple ceremony that need to be changed including anointings, baptisms, and the conversation that takes place at the veil.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 12:49PM

Have some of the temples opened up as yet? I'm wondering if the elderly church members who staff the temples would be strong enough to say that they don't feel comfortable working there during the pandemic. Or will they simply go along blindly with whatever directives come from above?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 01:53PM

I'm wanting to get a read on possible changes in the selection of Bps & SPs, thank U....

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 02:18PM

What do you think would change? I don't see anything changing as far a selecting them. It will still be based on image, affluence, etc.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 02:50PM

So far as I can tell the question is
Do we see or think DV19 will change selection of Bps, SPs?

I, for one, would be intrested in responses limited to that question which I think is an important one

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2020 02:50PM by thedesertrat1.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 06:06PM

Is there any particular reason why you think that would change?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 06:24PM

I really can't see why it would trigger any changes at all. The only possible thing I could think of is that they pick younger officers, who are less vulnerable to COVID-19. In my admittedly limited experience these days, most bishops seem to be under the age-65 threshold anyway. For stake presidents, they are older, but not much you can do about that if they have to be bishop first.

I think they will keep on with things as they are, with perhaps a slight preference toward younger officers, should someone younger be available.

I had a cousin who was called three times as a bishop in his local ward (well outside the Morridor). The TBM explanation was that he was a spiritual giant. My explanation was they couldn't find anyone else willing and able to do the job. Ya work with what ya got.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2020 06:24PM by Brother Of Jerry.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.