Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: CuriousConversation ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 01:53PM

Can someone please confirm or correct the following. Extra kudos if references are included. In a discussion with a friend who is investigating the church. I am sure it’s the way I describe below, but have been out of the church for a while and want to make sure I say this correctly to her. Thanks in advance.

——————————————————————-

If the wife of a mormon couple married in the temple dies, the husband can marry another woman in the temple “for time and all eternity” without any further action. He will be married to both women in the afterlife.

If the husband of a mormon couple married in the temple dies, the wife can marry another man in the temple, but only after breaking the sealing to the first husband first. She can only be married to one man at anytime.

———————————————————————

If the above is true, it’s my belief the church still does practice polygamy - just in the afterlife. Would anyone else agree?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 01:55PM

as I understand, the female widow of a deceased PH holder who was sealed to her (the widow), she can only marry in the temple 'for time'...

I had this happen with a friend / roommate at Ricks (now BYU-I) many years ago...

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 02:17PM

Yes. And their both allowed to have sex with unicorns in Kolob. It's all made up bullshit. Don't try to rationalize stupid.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 02:19PM

From what I can remember, and what they did tell us in seminary and Sunday school, you're right.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 02:36PM

In my not so humble opinion the whole ting is basically a scam in which "they" atach "their" pocket book to "your" money

Posted by: yorkie ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 02:47PM

Yes, a man can have many women sealed to him, but a woman can only be sealed to one man.

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 02:59PM

male to females who are not already sealed can be sealed.
male to female who is sealed already, for time only.

children always stay with the first husband and first wife. Even if the second husband or second wife is the father or mother.
The Second husband/father is screwed. His reward is whatever he had (now gone) in this world.
No wife in heaven he's just the butler now.

I was also told, long time ago, A man can be sealed to a woman who is already sealed, and the previous sealing would be void.
sucks to be the first husband.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 03:40PM

Not only that, but the current president of the church has been sealed twice in the temple "for eternity," and I think another apostle as well.

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 06:14PM

Men can be "sealed" to more than one woman in the temple, even if his first wife is alive, if there's a secular divorce finalized. As they don't bother to make sure divorced people aren't living together, polygamy is entirely possible as he would be "sealed" to both his current and ex wife or ex-wives if he's had more than one divorce.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.