Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 10:05PM

I'm a bit buzzed on Mike's Hard Strawberry Lemonade. I've never had it before, and I'm not certain it's 5% ABV.

I'm watching a show called "The Big Flower Fight," or I could be trapped in a Peter Max poster.

Party on!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 10:18PM

I am drinking rum and coke
I am thinking that my wife died from lung cancer three years ago and I now need female companionship in tucson Arizona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2020 10:19PM by thedesertrat1.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 10:20PM

I just quarantined Mikes hard lemonade/cherry and 2 Towns Ciderhouse Hard Cider, Blackberry/Marion Berry. I have never tried either but I figured what the hell. I like lemonade and cider so I figured it was worth a shot. I didn't get a whole bunch of other things, sigh, but I got those. And I have my lovely boxed wine for now :) In a bit I will put a shepherds pie in the oven. We have two places in town I trust and I got that from one of them. And I have salad stuff from a local farm :)

Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 10:23PM

I'm mixing half Tequila Rose and half Fireball. It's called hot ______. Don't remember the name, but it's quite tasty. I think I feel the holey ghost trying to tell me something, but I'm not sure.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 10:24PM

More like hoping for a night of peace in Minneapolis. Alcohol would just make me more depressed.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 11:45PM

I can't even watch news about MN. It makes me cry. More than 50 years ago, I marched and rioted and raised general hell over racial equality issues in college. And it did no good. Neo-Nazis and Aryan @$$holes have been streaming out from under their rocks for going on four years now. No more on that, it verges on political.

Can't touch alcohol because I went on a culinary rampage in the kitchen (I don't, as a general rule) and it put my back into such horrible spasms that I'm mellowed out on painkillers and muscle relaxants.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 30, 2020 03:03AM

Catnip as a protester for equal rights.

And I didn’t think my regard for you could rise any higher...

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: May 30, 2020 01:36PM

This has been my home my whole life. We look like a bombed out city. So frightening.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: May 29, 2020 10:25PM

Christ, you're all lightweights. Johnny Walker Black on the rocks. Sitting and sipping watching people burning Minnie and Atlanta. Woo Hoo.

Date: May 29, 2020 11:59PM

Give Glenlivet French Oak a try. I bet you would like it :)

Date: May 30, 2020 01:34PM

I have. You're right. We had a restaurant/bar in Ventura, CA. Rosarita Beach Cafe. Had 50+ scotches on the shelf. Great sipping. But, at $150.00 a bottle, can't have that as my daily cocktails.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: May 30, 2020 02:35PM

If you are referring to the Famous Grouse, it is $30 per bottle cask strength and $24 for regular blend. With small sips it lasts a long time. There are likely expensive versions for which I will not spend $150 a bottle. I don't even look at those....

Date: May 30, 2020 03:11PM

Me neither. I was lucky, I had a job with a really good expense account. Was able to run up pretty good bar tabs. Tried really good stuff that I never would have if I was spending my own money. You have a gold mine of good whiskey in TN. I was in Murfreesboro a month ago and did some traveling and tasting before they shut everything down. Some decent local shine as well.

Date: May 30, 2020 07:59PM

That is how I became a single malt lover too. I had a couple of accounts that introduced me to it :)

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 30, 2020 06:06PM

I may sample another wee dram of Lagavulin 16 year old.

Date: May 31, 2020 11:46AM

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: May 30, 2020 02:38AM

Sipping a Martini right now, feeling sophisticated. Well, as sophisticated as one can feel when wearing a tank top and cargo shorts.

Posted by: RandomUserFriday ( )
Date: May 30, 2020 04:45AM

Grinded some cofee beans, brew some cups, also had a couple of glasses Pepsi Max.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: May 30, 2020 06:49AM

But Beth, it's Saturday... And I'm drinking tea, of course!

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 30, 2020 09:34AM

A Guinness. All I buy anymore since there is always a line out the door at Utah state liquor stores, and grocery stores can now carry real Guinness, which is only 4% abv. Who knew!

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: May 30, 2020 11:25AM

A friend recommended Famous Grouse whisky. I had two glasses last night while reading. Just drop a small ice cube in an ounce of whisky - it is easy to sip. I am restricting my news watching and back to reading books again. Recently set a goal of 2 books per week and then perhaps to 3. I am less stressed reading than watching our political system incessantly on the TV news or websites. I still keep informed with the reduced time on the news. Also spending more time practicing my instruments. The whisky is a nice treat at the end of a day.

Date: May 30, 2020 01:31PM

I'm having a hard time, though.

Date: May 30, 2020 06:04PM

Got a banana bread wheat ale..is as yummy as it sounds.

Posted by: invinoveritas ( )
Date: May 30, 2020 06:44PM

Rum and diet coke.

Felt like I was in third grade again watching John Glenn takeoff when they rolled in a black and white TV on a high roller stand.
Great stuff watching America and Nasa/SpaceX team launch astronauts today, again, and finally after nearly a decade.

The Mercury capsule orbital flights were launched with the Atlas rocket and the Gemini flights were launched with the Gemini, both rockets were ICBMs developed and used by the US military to deliver nuclear bombs.

Today's effort was a civilian effort, NASA pays SpaceX to launch the Falcon 9 rocket. Much better I think. My how the technology has changed!

Date: May 30, 2020 10:52PM

Sounds good...I have some Appleton's Dark and diet Coke...yum

Date: June 01, 2020 09:15AM

Bought a growler of Belgian white ale from a new micro brewery in town last night. It was very good with pizza.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.