Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: May 31, 2020 12:41PM

In a Mormon Kingdom ruled by Prophet, Priest, King, Presidents would they prosecute the dead as well as baptize them?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/murder-and-rape-of-23-year-old-newlywed-50-years-ago-is-finally-solved-after-killer-is-identified-through-his-estranged-brothers-dna-and-his-body-exhumed/ar-BB14MMoT?ocid=DELLDHP15#image=BB14MMoT_1|1

I find it interesting that Mormons talk of dead people accepting or rejecting their ordinances, but nothing else from this mortality into the afterlife seems to matter.

This man dead only one year would probably not be eligible for Mormon baptism in life?

"Secular punishment for killing is to be proved and "dealt with according to the laws of the land" (D&C 42:79). Those who have been convicted of, or have confessed to, homicide cannot be baptized without clearance from the First Presidency, and excommunication of members guilty of murder is mandatory. Joseph Fielding Smith, as an apostle, indicated that vicarious temple work should not be done for deceased murderers (DS 2:192)."
https://eom.byu.edu/index.php/Murder

But I bet this guy gets baptised.

Only God can be a murder.

"Only the Lord has the power to give life or to authorize it to be taken. Both the Bible and the Book of Mormon depict situations in which God has commanded the taking of life to accomplish his purposes. Goliath (1 Sam. 17:46-51), the king of Bashan (Deut. 3:3), and Laban (1 Ne. 4:10-18) were slain by servants of God after having been delivered into their hands by the Lord."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MormonMartinLuther ( )
Date: June 02, 2020 10:23PM

I think that is the only thing that keeps the church involved in any charitable work.

It is the fear of being prosecuted for tax evasion after this life when God finds out how much money they have been putting into a private slush fund supposedly in his name.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 02, 2020 11:10PM

MormonMartinLuther Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think that is the only thing that keeps the
> church involved in any charitable work.

I wonder how much charity the church was into before they started really focusing and building their hedge fund?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.