Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: lillium ( )
Date: June 01, 2020 11:45AM

Forgive me if this has already been discussed. I read all the threads I could find on the subject and didn't see it.

We know their bishop knew what was going on. First, we know Charles 3-wayed him into a call where Lori told him he wasn't Charles and called him by a different name. I believe during that call she expressed other odd religious beliefs. We know he talked to police about what he knew. IIRC he said she expressed some strange beliefs but she seemed perfectly lucid. I don't recall that he told the police what those beliefs were.

Charles said he had told the bishop all about Lori's weird religious rants including zombies and murder. He also told him it started when Lori started hanging around with that group of Mormons from Utah who was teaching her these beliefs. Charles knew Chad Daybells name, knew he was a leader of that group, and thought he and Lori were having an affair.

Wasn't the bishop obligated to call Lori in and talk to her about apostacy at the very least? Charles said she was still going to the temple every day, so I guess she still had a recommend. Why hadn't that been suspended until the bishop could confirm what was going on?

Didn't he have an obligation to also contact Chad Daybell's bishop due to the off the wall stuff he was teaching other members?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2020 11:47AM by lillium.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: June 01, 2020 12:11PM

He supposedly has The Priesthood (TM). So he should have bee able to sense that things were not right.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 01, 2020 01:26PM

Certainly ghawd will hold the bishop accountable!

But... and it's a big butt... All the bishop has to do is repent and he will not be held accountable!

Or tithe enough or become enough of a mormon influencer to 'earn' the Second Annoying. Then it's Ollie Ollie Oxen, all in free!

Posted by: fresh air ( )
Date: June 01, 2020 05:04PM

If he set them up for Tithing settlement he is golden.Does anything else matter in this church except money.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.