Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Space Pineapple ( )
Date: June 28, 2020 09:55PM

I'm just curious if there are any former members of said branch of the cult. I am not, but was aware of them back in my time in Zion.

Anywho, just curious if anyone has stories to share. Thanks. :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: loislane ( )
Date: July 03, 2020 12:58PM

John Dehlin did a great three-part interview with one of Rulon Allred's sons.

His name is eluding me right now, but he had some great stories about the AUB. His own personal story was jaw-dropping amazing. At one point he was considered next in line to lead the group, but he left before that could happen. He finally left the AUB, joined the mainstream LDS church, but left THEM because of their policies on the children of gay marriages.

This guy is brilliant, articulate, and willing to answer any questions. His last name is Allred, but I can't remember his first name.

Just Google Mormon Stories, John Dehlin, Allred. Like I say thre are three parts to this interview.

Dorothy Allred Solomon wrote a couple of books about her family.

As with most Mormon stories, there is no dearth of sources.

The interviewer makes it clear that the Allred leaders DID engage in child marriages, including Rulon himeself, and his 14-year-ol bride, Ruth

Rebecca Kimbel in her astounding book "Born in Polygamy, 700 pages, makes it clear that the AUB (Rulon Allred was her uncle) engaged in all kinds of sinful acts including child-brides and even murder.

The book ws 700 pages but I couldn't put it down. She tells you everything you would want to know about the Allred and the LeBaron group and how hard it is to break free.

It is a great book, that deserves more attention.

Posted by: Lulu not logged in ( )
Date: July 18, 2020 08:49PM

The grandson's name is Lance Allred. Played basketball for East High, U of U, Weber, Pacers and in Europe.

The Dehlin interviews are very interesting.

Posted by: Space Pineapple ( )
Date: July 18, 2020 04:20PM

Thanks for the recommendations. :)

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 18, 2020 06:31PM

My brother married into it. He had more than one wife and fathered at least 19 children. He claims to have left it and was eventually rejoined a regular mormon ward, but he didn't leave it all behind and many of his children are still plural wives in the Allred group.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.