Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: June 30, 2020 06:01PM

Only here's the thing, Dave. THE US CONSTITUTION WAS NOT DICTATED BY GOD! It was pieced together by a largish committee as a political experiment. The framers all knew they were doing something novel, but none of them thought they were doing something divine. Many of them full expected to return about twenty years later for major revisions as circumstances changed. And THEY ALL KNEW, SOME FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, THE HORRORS POSSIBLE FROM UNCHECKED RELIGIOUS FERVOR. They all knew about Salem. They all knew about the Spanish Inquisition. They all knew about the Anabaptist terrorism on both sides. So one of their main themes was to set up a country whose politics would be 100% divorced from the religious leanings of its individual citizens.

We live in hope.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 30, 2020 06:08PM

I am not the OP. Why are you invoking me ?

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: June 30, 2020 06:21PM

Because Delete Account and Dave the Atheist are spelled almost the same!!! It can't just be a coincidence!!!

Therefore ...

And yet you have the balls to imply that a mistake was made! How dare you!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 30, 2020 06:41PM

David Bednar. See the title of the link.

Date: June 30, 2020 06:52PM

Dave the Atheist is David Bednar!!??!!

I should have known!!!

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: July 05, 2020 10:22PM

Both of them may be David Koresh as well. I've never seen the three of them together, anyway, which is de facto proof of my allegations.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: June 30, 2020 06:51PM

Right on slskipper.

Posted by: Confused somehow ( )
Date: July 06, 2020 09:03AM

Just as a side light, did you know that the majority of the signers of the constitution were slave owners?

Date: June 30, 2020 06:58PM

" . . . to a most pernicious social plague of racism, . . ."

Man, Bednar has some nerve saying that as a leader of the Mormon church with one of the ugliest of all racist pasts and actually all in the very near past. Now he's spouting off like he has lead the charge against racism when in fact the Mormons had to be forced by a kinder society into minimal acceptance of other races.

Shallow hypocrite. And all he has going for him is this false claim that God wrote the constitution with the religious in mind. Yes they had the religious in mind as slskipper pointed out. They had in mind how to keep the religous from taking over and forcing their views on everyone like despots.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: July 01, 2020 07:17AM

I know, such a pile right? I am old enough to remember when the priesthood ban was lifted and people were NOT happy about it. Even in liberal OC CA. There was no cheering and a lot of crying. End Times blah blah blah. How many of the GAs white and delightsome daughters have married men of color. Any color.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: July 01, 2020 08:10AM

Surely, some of their spouses are off-colour...

Posted by: esias ( )
Date: July 01, 2020 04:51AM

We have a new superstar of Mormon Intelligentsia:

“Our world has seemingly been filled recently with strong wake-up calls,” said Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints ...

"... The apostle’s remarks were streamed live Wednesday morning during the Religious Freedom Annual Review, hosted by the Brigham Young University Law School. This year’s conference is being held online due to the pandemic.

"Elder Bednar said the pandemic has alerted us to the limitations in the food supply chain; our dependence on other nations for essential medical supplies, pharmaceuticals and other products; constraints in inventory and delivery systems for manufacturing plants and retail businesses; deficiencies in our national and local health care systems; the importance of defending the borders between personal liberty, constitutional rights and governmental authority; and attacks on the freedoms of religion, speech and assembly."

From a wannabe profit. Confirmed. No chance of any proper prophecy. They require to be awoken and alerted to the bleedingly obvious. No chance of them noticing anything wrong with the health-care system or peoples' right unless awoken and alerted. And of course his comments round off with the most important threat: 'attacks on freedoms of religion'.

Here then are the Three Steps to Proper Morg Prophecy:

I) Awaken your wannabe profit;

II) Alert your wannabe profit;

III) Wait many decades for the information to penetrate your wannabe profit's scrambled-egg grey matter;

IV) Read your wannabe's profit's announcement to the world that he has recently been awoken and alerted.

Brain-Dead Bednar. Only the best.

Posted by: dimmesdale ( )
Date: July 01, 2020 07:15AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLtJuPlk1go&fbclid=IwAR3SY7sxrbMyWLCQ2SBEuHfUSLPNWhpLs7h1C7vm79wzu4eNQq6oNorHY-k

was incendiary and scary. Isn't this the religious wacko creepy dude that's always saying weird things. Why are Mormons so in love with him?

Date: July 01, 2020 10:00AM

Incendiary and scary. A Mormon running for prophet. Campaign speech.

Time to gird your loins, kids. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

Date: July 01, 2020 10:15AM

If you sign up with Beehive Automobile Club, they will come out whenever you need and gird up your loins for you. And as a member, you can get discounts at participating dealerships when it's time to lube and oil your loins!

Date: July 01, 2020 10:20AM

hahahahaha ha. I must be tireder than I thought to laugh this hard.

Okay, but do we get to pick our own girding technician? I don't want those old temple workers with the clammy fingers again.

Posted by: Delete Account ( )
Date: July 03, 2020 12:16AM

The old geezers I had at the veil always had BO, bad breath, and a cold.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: July 02, 2020 09:44AM

Dave Bednar is an apostle. It’s his job to gaslight. Who knew he could do it so well?

This shows that he knows the church is one big scam. You don’t lie a little here and a little there. You go all in with a real whopper. Give the people what they want, as they say.

Date: July 02, 2020 09:57AM

That's the scary part. He IS what the people want. Well, if you call the Mormons people, haha. :) I have my doubts.

Bednar is pompous and arrogant and knows how to play to arrogant/ignorant Mormons which is not that difficult when his audience has pre-set their minds to believe anything he says. Anything at all.

It's the followers who hold him in high esteem and hang on his words that scare me most. He can't do his damage without them.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: July 06, 2020 05:19AM

If you think of the top brass as actors, Davey Boy is doing a great job. He’s Donald Trump without the sleaze. Mormons are very impressed with power and authority even if ultimately it’s as fake as the day is long. You can’t see the emperor’s long, exquisite robe, but it’s their thing.

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: July 01, 2020 10:14AM

Yep.

Pack thems thar churches, pack 'em shoulder to shoulder standing-room-only. Close thems winders.

And ever-body y'all sing reeeeel loud.

Then y'awwls go pack a rally and screams chants reeeeeel loud.

And don't y'all wear no mask tho, 'cause a mask be of the debbil.

Why get worked up? Seriously Lol :-D

Posted by: Annon for this one ( )
Date: July 02, 2020 01:15AM

Bednar:

"Never again must the fundamental right to worship God be trivialized below the ability to buy gasoline.”

Let's test his statement the following way:

1) How much damage would happen if you stopped congregational worship for three months?

2) How much damage would happen if you stopped all gas purchases for three months?

Which one of the above ends up being "trivial" ?

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: July 02, 2020 08:19AM

Date: July 02, 2020 09:59AM

OMG Using Common Sense! What kind of tyrant are you?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 02, 2020 02:13AM

someone should infuse his favorite food or beverage with some good weed. Maybe he'd make sense then (?)

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: July 04, 2020 10:16PM

GNPE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> someone should infuse his favorite food or
> beverage with some good weed. Maybe he'd make
> sense then (?)

How much good weed have you ingested lately and how has it changed your sense (even of humor)?

Posted by: ApostNate ( )
Date: July 02, 2020 02:48AM

Did him getting choked up as he said his little "even Jesus Christ" closing at the end seem phony as hell to anyone else? I really strongly dislike this guy.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 02, 2020 12:05PM

I'm beginning to wonder / question what kind of a childhood Bednar had, was it filled with horror stories?

Posted by: esias ( )
Date: July 03, 2020 05:48PM

Brain-Dead Bednar was branded when reaching tender years with over-exposure to Batman movies.

His father was confident, following hours of observing his son's endless fascination, the body of the film was bound to be flying over his son's head.

Brain-Dead Bednar: Only the best

regards to all new fans of Bednar the superstar Morg boffin and his broadcast, with malicious intent, that put you off your Wednesday morning Breakfast

Date: July 04, 2020 10:25PM

What chew sayin' Opie?

They aren't above it. They are beside it.

They are bedside themselves.

They are inside themselves.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: July 06, 2020 02:05AM

"Elder Bednar warned there is a danger in limiting a religious organization’s right to gather. 'Gathering, in short, is at the core of faith and religion. Indeed, if the faithful are not gathering, sooner or later they will begin to scatter...' "

The head honchos of Mormonism aren't concerned that the members may not be receiving the spiritual sustenance they need in this difficult time. They're worried that the flock will scatter, possibly not return, and that they, the head honchos, will lose control and, along with it, a great deal of revenue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2020 02:05AM by scmd1.

Date: July 06, 2020 04:23PM

Makes up it's own "laws"

Posted by: Annon for this one ( )
Date: July 06, 2020 06:01PM

Bednar needs a large adoring audience to feed his EGO and POWER -- all this regardless of endangering public health.

Sound familiar?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.