Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: July 08, 2020 12:13PM

I have been trying to figure out how the COVID can affect my recovery.
Well let's look at it this way. It brings to light how a so called priesthood blessing for health has absolutely no effect whatsoever on whether or not someone gets or does not get the virus.
So if I realize this I can take whatever measures are available to avoid the disease.
Having realized this I can see how unimportant attendance can be at these organized by religion events.
So I can choose to do other things that will perhaps benefit me and maybe another human being as a replacement for attendance at these events.
If it gives me the opportunity to further stand apart from Mormonism without conflict with my Mormon friends, some of which I don't want to lose, then I have extracted a positive from a negative

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 08, 2020 10:49PM

I applaud the conclusions you've reached.

Are the 'facts' on which you base your conclusions really correct in view of some discrepancies between what the church wants you to do and what your 'facts' tell you is best for you?

"Who ya gonna trust? You or the mormon church?"

--Imelda Marcos, while shopping for flip-flops

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: July 09, 2020 01:20AM

“It brings to light how a so called priesthood blessing for health has absolutely no effect whatsoever on whether or not someone gets or does not get the virus.”

Has this been tested? I’m willing to have a go at it. Just need to find a couple of believing Mormons and an infected person to cough in my face.

Posted by: MormonMartinLuther ( )
Date: July 09, 2020 02:46AM

Now people can have boundaries again in a socially accepted way in mormon circles.

Once people have tasted freedom, it may be hard to have them crawl back into the magical bag of lies.

Posted by: Adam the Empath ( )
Date: July 12, 2020 12:30AM

Covid has forced me to take life more seriously than i ever did before. A lot more self-care is involved in helping stop the spread. My recovery from other things is still harder than avoiding covid.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.