Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: July 09, 2020 04:26PM

I'm still holding out for that scenario!!!

Give or take on the "family" part!

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 09, 2020 04:29PM

With wagging and waving tails, and glad yelps of joy! :)

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: July 09, 2020 06:33PM

And frankly, if there is an anything after I am looking forward to seeing my pets much more than 99% of the people!

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: July 09, 2020 09:30PM

Yeah. Screw the Celestial Kingdom. I want to go to the Animal Kingdom where the animals decide who to let in and my little ones would be waiting. I picture Dr. Evil's white cat, Bigglesworth, from Austin Powers to be the gatekeeper. Animals can see right through you. They don't need no stinking handshakes and passwords.

There's got to be one. Maybe the golden calf WAS the real god after all and we can hang out with Lassie, Mr. Ed, Jane Goodall, and hopefully Tarzan and Cheetah as well. And all the Elephants forced into circuses or slaughtered for their tusks. They should be the judges. Then we'll see who really were the "dumb animals."

Posted by: iceman9090 ( )
Date: July 09, 2020 09:45PM

+Done & Done:
"And all the Elephants forced into circuses or slaughtered for their tusks."

==I hope they won't cut off my human horn.

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: July 10, 2020 12:09PM

HaHA. No iceman it's Mormon Loving Heavenly Father that does that to you if you don't make the CK and end up in one of the lower kingdoms.

In the after life a "Smoothie" isn't a drink with fruit juicer bananas and yogurt.

Posted by: Agate ( )
Date: July 09, 2020 10:28PM

I certainly hope so. I just lost my dog 3 weeks ago and ai don’t want to go to a heaven where he isn’t.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: July 10, 2020 11:42AM

I'm so sorry. This is so hard. (((HUGS)))

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: July 10, 2020 11:43AM

All my fur-babies and feathered-babies. That will be wonderful!

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: July 09, 2020 11:56PM

I feel the same way; I want to be with my fur babies; so loving and perfect.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 10, 2020 02:37AM

Mr. Peabody !!!!!

Mommy’s here !

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: July 10, 2020 02:47AM

I had a really lovely dream this morning about my dog Zane, who died on August 31, 2019. It was probably because last night, my husband told me that Zane visits him a lot in his dreams. Zane was kind of my dog, while our surviving dog, Arran, is more my husband's. Zane had a really adorable, fun loving, friendly personality and I've really been missing him a lot lately.

We're hoping to adopt a dog from Kosovo in a couple of months. He's currently waiting for borders to open and a waiting period after a blood test he had to have done that requires a three month wait. This will be our first non-beagle mix. One thing I've noticed, though, is that almost every dog we've taken in has wound up being even more special and wonderful than the previous one. It's hard to imagine a better dog than Zane. Most all dog lovers say that, though.

Anyway, it had been awhile since my last "visit" from Zane and it was so sweet to dream about seeing him this morning. I hope that if there is a Heaven, it will have him and all of my other beloved pets in it. I prefer most animals to people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2020 03:53AM by knotheadusc.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: July 10, 2020 03:20AM

That is so great knotty :) I love those dreams. And you bet that animals are soooo much better than people! I love D&Ds idea of Heaven :)

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: July 10, 2020 02:46PM

Yes, but it's not just your pets. According to the prophets, ALL animals will be resurrected:

Prophet Joseph Smith:

John saw beings there [in heaven] of a thousand forms, that had been saved from ten thousand times ten thousand earths like this,-strange beasts of which we have no conception: all might be seen in heaven. The grand secret was to show John what there was in heaven. John learned that God glorified himself by saving all that his hands had made, whether beasts, fowls, fishes or men; and he will glorify himself with them. - HC 5:343-44

Prophet Joseph Fielding Smith:

Animals do have spirits and that through the redemption made by our Savior they will come forth in the resurrection, to enjoy the blessing of immortal life. - "Answers to Gospel Questions" Volume 2, Page 48

Apostle Bruce R. McConkie:

Nothing is more absolutely universal than the resurrection. Every living thing and being will be resurrected. "As in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." (1 Cor. 15:22.)....

Apostle Joseph Fielding Smith (later President):

The Lord created all things for a purpose. Nothing has he created to be destroyed, but that all things might endure forever... The Lord intends to save, not only the earth and the heavens, not only man who dwells upon the earth, but all things which he has created. The animals, the fishes of the sea, the fowls of the air, as well as man, are to be re-created, or renewed, through the resurrection, for they too are living souls. - General Conference, October 1928

A number of questions immediately arise, of course.

If all animal life will be resurrected, then heaven will be populated not only with our pet dogs, our ponies, and the robins whose song we enjoy, but also the flies, the gnats, the bats, the rats, the tapeworms, the sharks, the amoebas, even the bacteria - all the millions of species, each with its millions of individuals that have existed since the beginning of life on earth. Does that really sound like a heaven where one would want to be?

Will the many chickens, hogs, steers, and trout whose parts have nourished me by passing through my digestive system receive "new bodies," or will their resurrected life be in a body reconstituted from that body which I and my table-mates partly utilized as energy and partly sent to the sewer system as waste?

Predatory animals by their very nature prey upon other animals. For them, "eternal felicity" would be to be able to continue their predation. But what about the "eternal felicity" of their prey? A shark is an efficient hunter and eater of flesh, as are most predatory animals. The alleged "Intelligent Designer" did a good job in designing a killing machine. Can a shark (or a lion, or an alligator) be a happy eater of foliage?

Of course I would perhaps like to have my beloved dogs in heaven with me, but over the years I have had quite a few. I wouldn't want that many dogs living with me here on earth - why would I want so many in heaven?

What about the dinosaurs, the wooly mammoths, who are very large? Will there be enough room in heaven for the billions of creatures that have wandered the earth during the millions of years since life began here (every thing that ever lived!)?

A Mormon's Ode To His Dinner

O leg of lamb, how glad I am
That you will live again!
When next we meet, you won't be meat,
So we'll be friends in Heav'n.

-

Which kingdom of heaven will the animals be assigned to (the celestial, terrestrial, or telestial)? One would assume that pets will go with their former owner, wherever the owner ends up. But is that fair to the pets, to base their eternal placement on the actions of their owner? And what about non-domestic animals? Of course in the top kingdoms we would like pleasant animals such as songbirds. Will cockroaches all be sent to the lowest kingdom?

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 10, 2020 11:14PM

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: July 11, 2020 08:06PM

Spirit cannot be 'killed' or die so everything with a 'spirit' including 'animals' will not die and be in the after life with you.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: July 11, 2020 09:23PM

According to the Talking Heads, Heaven is a place where nothing ever happens.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 11, 2020 10:05PM

My God! What have I done?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 11, 2020 10:41PM

What about my niece's pet tarantula ?

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: July 11, 2020 10:51PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.