Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Drive by ( )
Date: July 12, 2020 09:06PM

My ex lives there and he is totally nuts.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: July 12, 2020 10:07PM

My grandmother lived in Kaysville, and I stayed a week or so with her when I was about 19 yrs. old. I went to the wood-made post-office for her (right around the corner from where she lived).

Her 2nd husband had a speeding deal for people going too fast through the small community, whereas the police would give them a speeding ticket and the offender paid the debt in my grandmother's living rm., via her current (at the time) husband. As a 'thank-you' for sending in the customers, they pierodacclly gave the officer a cash-reward. The downtown street was about 6 blocks long. (And yes, it was a deliberate speed trap.)

So how else is one going to 'earn' a living there without such a scam?

At that time, it basically was a Mormon farming community. However, I couldn't tell you if that is true today.

Also, the local Ward had bats in its bell-free--really. So, it helped keep the attendees amused during the services (at least me).

Also, in winter--when the snow was thick enough to cover the 3 ft. board which covered the water-ditch, one had to be careful to guess correctly just where the ditch step-over was hidden under the snow.

Now, back to your question: At the time I went there, it was (as to my supposition), just about an all-Mormon town--not to say that everybody automatically went to church.

One of my father's sisters had a farm down the dirt lain from my grandmother's house. While she and my father are long-gone now, I am still in touch with one of my Aunt's sons.

Something else: Where we in busy So. Calif. all know to lock our car doors to keep a car from being stolen, my Aunt used to kid me about my question as to why they kept their car keys in their vehicle, which they kept in the barn--with it's doors wide open. She said, "Who's going to steal the car, the cows?"

Well, It wasn't the cows who stole the car in the wide-spread dirt road one used to get to the barn. Instead, it was a genuine car thief who likely well knew the habits of farmers around the town, and drove it away--never to be seen again. Of course, no one dreamed of bothering to get car-theft insurance.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: July 12, 2020 10:26PM

A quick google search shows 2 Baptist churches, a Presbyterian church, an Assembly of God church, a Church of Christ, and a Bible church (with the same address of one of the baptist churches).

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: July 12, 2020 11:41PM

I know Kaysville well. Might as well be the KKK or a Mafia crime if you're not a member.If you're not a member- run away. I hate that place.

Posted by: Plaid n Paisley ( )
Date: July 16, 2020 02:14PM

My husband's parents moved the family to Kaysville back in the 70s. They weren't Mormon and had no clue as to the local culture. Both parents smoked and his dad was the regional sales manager for Miller Brewing Co. They were pariahs in the neighborhood.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 13, 2020 12:13AM

It's pretty obvious it's totally mormon if it has a Gentile Street.

https://mysteryofutahhistory.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-mystery-of-laytons-gentile-street.html

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: July 13, 2020 12:27AM

Buckle up for this.

Kaysville is home to many polygamist including the Kingstons.

Also there used to be a small older house where the polygamists believe a resurrected Joseph Smith and Jesus appeared to John Taylor and commanded him to set apart people to continue polygamy.

Posted by: anonculus ( )
Date: July 14, 2020 06:19PM

Do they still make Clover Club potato chips?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 15, 2020 11:41AM

Clover Club is now owned by Don Julio Foods.

http://www.donjuliofoods.com/brands.html

Posted by: txrancher ( )
Date: July 14, 2020 08:33PM

Drive by Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My ex lives there and he is totally nuts.

Uh, you took my response, lol. My ex lives there, with a couple of my kids, and yes she is nuts and so is the environment.

OK, as a human being she is pretty good. Brainwashed? Yes. My 16 year old suffering from the Morg-dominated environment? Yes, but surviving.

Never been there, but Kaysville sounds like the epicenter of Mormonism and cult beliefs.

Posted by: ApostNate ( )
Date: July 15, 2020 01:45PM

I have some ultra TBM relatives there who seem like they're straight outta the 1970s. Hideous clothing n hair styles. Very self righteous and annoying.

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: July 15, 2020 02:29PM

Nope! You'd be the first and, of course, the best!

That's how trends start though.

Posted by: One time poster ( )
Date: July 16, 2020 06:13PM

Not entirely, but mainly MoronicPriesthood types.
Not as insular and bigoted as Brigham City.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.