Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: July 14, 2020 12:12AM

It’s pretty obvious what Nelson’s agenda is. The church has lot’s of money and is doing pretty well in a time when we are losing Christian churches and society is less interested in attending church.

The stump the church keeps tripping over is it’s own history. So to take the focus of the past you focus on Christ. You remove Moroni and replace him with Christ. You don’t put a Moroni up on the new temples being built. You base the church on Come Follow Me and ministering. You declare the restoration is ongoing and get ready for more change.

Of course you can’t mainstream too fast or too much but you can keep making changes. As long as the church can figure out how to keep members paying tithing to keep a temple recommend they are fine. You could systematically re-engineer the temple to be a more inspiring and spiritual experience like having an awesome film on the universe and creation and using breathing techniques and meditation to reach a state of bliss. People would love it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: July 14, 2020 12:25AM

What's Moroni's unemployment check like after almost 2 centuries of work? Wonder if he gets residuals for his book.

Posted by: MormonMartinLuther ( )
Date: July 14, 2020 12:43AM

Angel A. Moroni was given his temple workforce reduction papers in his exit interview at COB back in May.

I sure hope he gets that job he interviewed for at the Rolls Royce dealership.

Posted by: invinoveritas ( )
Date: July 14, 2020 10:27PM

The Rolls Royce Hood ornament, great! It is known as the "Spirit of Ecstasy" and has angel wings, and the car is associated with persons of high economical standing, and there is something strikingly similar to the icon.

The first 7 presidents of the church were polygamists (I mean "prophet, seer, and revelator). I guess it could be appropriate to use the word ecstasy at certain times throughout the lives of such "colorful" figures, at least from the point of view of the prophet. However, I tend to think it was more in tune with the "Agony and the Ecstasy", at least in the view of many of the wives.

They call their church the "Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints", but put someone called Macaroni (I mean Maroni) on top of their most sacred places of worship. He is the son of Mormon, whom their good book is named after.

And the regular John Q. public throughout the world keep asking the same questions, what's up with the Macaroni and Mormon stuff and what about all this polygamy stuff? And then the killer-- I can't drink coffee anymore? What's up with that. See ya later!

Mr Nelson, the only way to get rid of the stigma is to not be Mormons anymore. Good luck in changing the brand. You probably need to start with changing the name of the "Book of Mormon" to something else.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 14, 2020 12:58AM

A.A. Moroni: Story of an angelic Golden Parachute!!

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: July 14, 2020 02:24AM

They’ll never get the plates back now.

Posted by: faraday ( )
Date: July 14, 2020 09:19AM

bradley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They’ll never get the plates back now.

Love it!

Posted by: God's HR Dept. ( )
Date: July 14, 2020 03:40AM

Moroni hasn't been an effective employee since 1830.
Frankly, the only reason he even got the job was because of his old man Mormon.
Nepotism at it's worst.

Posted by: Anonymous User ( )
Date: July 14, 2020 07:23AM

God's HR Dept. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Moroni hasn't been an effective employee since
> 1830.
> Frankly, the only reason he even got the job was
> because of his old man Mormon.
> Nepotism at it's worst.

Nephiotism

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: July 14, 2020 09:26AM

Did all of those temples have statues of Moroni? Are you sure it isn’t Nephi? I get Moroni and Nephi confused, but so did Joe.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: July 14, 2020 11:40AM

Moroni's subordinates were spreading rumors that he was following & contributing to RfM using the name 'Dave the Atheist'

those were ignored until he (gender never physically verified) began growing facial hair.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2020 12:52PM by GNPE.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: July 14, 2020 12:31PM

Once Nelson met the Pope, he decided no longer was he
messing around with a lowly Angel like Nephi/Moroni. Rusty is going big with Even Jesus Christ.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: July 15, 2020 12:42AM

Moroni went from being god's messenger to being god's mascot.

Another demotion isn't that big of a deal.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.