Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 17, 2020 07:48PM

Jesus never wore a mask.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: July 17, 2020 07:53PM

The only way Mormons, especially Utah Mormons will probably wear a mask is if the leader of the cult comes out and says that they have to. After all, "when the prophet speaks, the thinking is done."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2020 07:53PM by doyle18.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: July 17, 2020 07:55PM

They never should have let that many people in the building. What a bunch of idiots. Sacrifice your elders now sacrifice your children. Good parents should be asking for exactly the opposite. I don't buy the line from the teacher about how masks would make it impossible to know what kids are being abused. Politics pure and simple.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 18, 2020 02:26AM

Virtually every teacher I have talked to is more like the second teacher they quoted -- terrified of going back. And yes, we want everyone in masks.

Date: July 18, 2020 02:23PM

Headline : "Ammon Bundy tries to bully his way inside Idaho health board meeting on mandating masks"

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/community/canyon-county/article244254452.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNqxPlGGyYw&feature=emb_logo

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2020 02:32PM by Dave the Atheist.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: July 18, 2020 06:53PM

I don't understand why this over privileged Karen wasn't arrested for assault.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 18, 2020 07:51PM

+1

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: July 18, 2020 07:11PM

From the article my take away is that Utah county activists are standing up for their civil liberties. The right to assemble, the right to make moral judgements based on reasoned logic, not based on commandments from the oligarchy. They are suspicious of how quick our freedoms eroded over a little virus. They are willing to sacrifice their bodies in an uncomfortable illness, for the rest of us, for future generations to live in freedom, not safety.

Honestly I'm proud of their patriotism, willing to die for future generations. Especially since I know I wouldn't be their protesting, I'd be homeschooling my kids and trying to save my own skin. The Hell with freedom! I'm just selfishness, and don't want to get sick and die...

Date: July 18, 2020 07:34PM

It's the "you can't make me wear a seatbelt" argument.

Date: July 18, 2020 07:51PM

> Honestly I'm proud of their patriotism, willing to
> die for future generations.

They are killing people right now, macaRomney, and the future generations that will not be born because of those unnecessary deaths will have no freedom to enjoy--and with bad luck those could be your descendants.

The government has the constitutional power to constrain selfish actions that threaten others. That is what is at play here. Bundy's quarrel is not with the city council but with the founders of the constitution--and with the common sense they exhibited. He views himself as some sort of patriot but in fact is just another egocentric ignoramus.

Bundy should be in jail awaiting trial on disorderly conduct and assault charges. And the church should be ashamed for lacking the intestinal fortitude to excommunicate him.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2020 09:01PM by Lot's Wife.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: July 19, 2020 12:04AM

Guy, the last thing those idiots are doing is making arguments based on moral judgments. The order to wear masks is based on reasoned logic and trying to preserve the LIFE part of "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." The protestors aren't patriots, they're grown-ass adults acting like three-year-olds who wants dessert now.

It's not a fight for "constitutional rights," it's a selfish dumbass crusade.

And, by the way, back braces are uncomfortable. Being the same species as a shit-for-brains like you, macaRomney, is uncomfortable. COVID-19 goes beyond uncomfortable; it kills or ruins people for life if infected.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: July 18, 2020 11:21PM

Everybody knows this argument about "my constitutional rights" is complete nonsense - even the people making the argument.

If a mask mandate is unconstitutional, we have a remedy for that. You go to court and have the mandate overturned by the court because it is unconstitutional. End of mandate. Simple.

The fact that nobody at all is actually going to court tells you how lame they know that argument is. They are going to a certain branch of the media, and to legislatures, to see if they can stampede legislators and governors into overturning mask-up regulations. But they are not going to the courts.

The "Constitutional rights" argument is baloney. Low grade, barely edible baloney at that.

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: July 19, 2020 08:29PM

I shared this the other day. Crazy isn't it?

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: July 19, 2020 08:32PM

If they don't like it they can move to an island and home school.

Date: July 19, 2020 08:42PM

macaRomney tells us that the mask-hating parents are heroes.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.