Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: EXMOinSA ( )
Date: July 23, 2020 02:23PM

Has anyone else had the experience that home life is much better without the church since this COVID thing started? It has been almost 5 months since my TBM wife and kids have attended any church activities, but yet we have never been closer as a family in 20 years!!

The church has not been an item of contention and stress and no one has said anything about how they miss church activities. It is so obvious that this "cult" causes family friction and I only hope that my wife sees it too, probably not since she is never wrong about anything.

Any other examples of positive changes due to COVID?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MormonMartinLuther ( )
Date: July 28, 2020 10:49PM

Funny thing happens when you stop talking about being better people all the time and posturing for appearances and just are.

If this virus has taught us anything it is life is great when you don't care about what other people think. Many have gotten a break from the opinions of others, including mormon ones, and are able to finally be themselves. It's about freaking time!

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: July 28, 2020 11:06PM

My health has been better than ever. Since the mask thing I haven't been getting colds as often. It's great that companies are checking temperatures and sending sick people home before they can sneeze on me. I almost don't want covid to end, lol!

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: July 29, 2020 02:36PM

I'd love to hear the truth from my daughter. Her comment when they first stopped meetings at the stake center was that her biggest fear is that she wouldn't go back.

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: July 31, 2020 09:29PM

cl2notloggedin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... her biggest fear is that she wouldn't go back.
>

That's telling.

It seems like hundreds of thousands, even millions, of LDS are on the fence. They usually attend 'church' but would prefer not to. Just looking for an excuse?

That's telling

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 31, 2020 10:06PM

C'mon, mormonism, just email out the occasional revelation, put on Conference with video presentations by the usual suspects, rake in the cash and otherwise just let TBMs get to the CK as best they can.

How many priesthood holders would never wear a suit again?

Oh, yeah, temple trips... Screw it, dump those, too, after going one time and then spend the rest of your life wondering, "What in Jesus name was that all about?"

Yep, make mormonism fun!!!

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 08:51AM

EXMO in SA:

South Africa?

If so, what part of South Africa? (Generalize; don't get too precise about your location.)

I am sort of familiar with Pretoria/Tshwane (I was staying at Die Werf, in Lynnwood), and I drove north to Pietersburg/Polokwane one day to check out the UNISA campus located there. (I was in the midst of writing a book, which led to me to interview some UNISA administration personnel during my time there...which ultimately meant that the "inside information," about UNISA's future priorities, I received from those administrators meant that the book would never be completed.)

Posted by: EXMO in SA ( )
Date: August 04, 2020 10:37AM

SA is for San Antonio, Texas.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.