Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 26, 2020 01:05AM

Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Mormonism — the particular religion doesn't matter. It's still sick as f**k...

https://biblicalgenderroles.com/2020/07/16/7-steps-to-grooming-your-christian-wife/

Important Prerequisites to Grooming Your Young Bride
Now that we have established that it is not wrong, but actually a man’s God given duty to groom his bride as Christ grooms his Church we need to talk about the prerequisites that should be met before a Christian husband attempts this grooming process with his wife.

Prerequisite #1 – You and Your Young Bride Must Both Be Believers
While there are certainly unbiblical and worldly ways to groom a young bride for her husband, the steps given in this guide are based upon the Biblical view of marriage as God designed it. They will only work for a Christian husband and a Christian wife. See my article “What is the Gospel” for more on what it means to be a believer in Christ.

Prerequisite #2 – You and Your Wife Need to Be Biblicist Christians
There are two kinds of Christians today. Humanist Christians and Biblicist Christians. Humanist Christians only believe the parts the Bible that do not conflict with the morals and values of humanism. They rationalize this by saying they believe many parts of the Bible are “cultural” and were not meant for all peoples and all times. Other humanists attempt to play the words of Christ in the Gospels against the words of the Apostle Paul not realizing that these words are equally the Word of God.

But for this grooming guide to work you must be Biblicist Christians. You and your young bride must believe what 2 Timothy 3:16 states that “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness”. And you both must believe that God commands you to live “by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God” (Matthew 4:4).

Prerequisite #3 – Your Wife Needs to Be Young
Even if you are both Biblicist Christians, age is a major factor in a man grooming his wife. I have consistently heard from mentoring couples I have spoken with that the grooming of a bride has the most success in women under the age of 25. After that the chances of success radically fall, even with believing wives. I was given examples of Christian wives in their 30s and 40s trying to get into these mentoring programs. At the beginning of the program they really seemed like they wanted to change, but in the vast majority of the cases they exit the programs not long after entering them when they cannot make the changes necessary.

If you and your wife meet these three prerequisites you will have a great chance of success in grooming your young bride.

7 Steps to Groom Your Young Bride
Now that we have discussed the prerequisites to being able to groom your young bride, we can now discuss the steps you as a Christian husband need to take.

Step #1 – Un-learn What Your Culture Has Taught You
“And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”

Romans 12:2 (KJV)

God calls us to un-learn the false teachings of this world that we have been conditioned with our entire lives. This will require a radical world view change for both you and your wife. One of the hardest changes to make for many couples is the rejection of the “adult/child” paradigm. Our modern culture teaches us that there are only two primary social classes, adults and children. Children have limited rights until they reach adulthood and then they have full autonomy. The Bible does not recognize the adult/child paradigm but rather it specifies three primary classes of people within society and those are men, women and children. Under God’s law, the social class of men are the only ones who have full autonomy. Women are to be under the authority of men in the home, the church and society at large. And children are to honor and obey their fathers and mothers.

It is impossible to fully embrace the teachings of the Bible concerning gender roles without a husband and wife first being willing to fully reject the modern teaching of the adult/child paradigm. When a Christian wife comes to reject the adult/child paradigm, the whole “you are not my father” and “you are treating me like a child” will quickly disappear.

For more on this subject see my article “John Locke’s Invention of the “Adult” Social Class”.

Step #2 – You Must Learn and Embrace Biblical Gender Roles
“Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”

2 Timothy 2:15 (KJV)

An understanding and full acceptance of the doctrines of the Bible concerning gender roles is a critical first step for you as a husband to begin the grooming process with your wife. You can find the Scripture references for all these doctrines on my main “Biblical Gender Roles” page.

Step #3 – Seek out a Male Spiritual Mentor
“Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.”

Proverbs 27:17 (KJV)

Finding a wise and godly man to mentor you will be crucial to helping you as you seek to groom your young bride.

Step #4 – You must teach your wife Biblical Gender Roles
“And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home…”

1 Corinthians 14:35 (KJV)

God calls you to be your wife’s primary spiritual teacher. Once you have fully absorbed and embraced the teachings of the Bible concerning gender roles, you must then teach each of these doctrines to your wife. I would suggest you use the order I give on my Biblical gender roles page, as each doctrine builds on the previous one given. You should also seek advice from your mentor as to how to approach each of these important doctrines with your wife.

Step #5 – Get Your Wife A Female Spiritual Mentor
“The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; that they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.”

Titus 2:3-5 (KJV)

The Bible does not just support the concept of female mentorship, but it actually commands it. You may hear some horror stories from older men whose wives were actually led astray by ungodly advice from their girlfriends at church or elsewhere. But mentoring by good and godly women who fully embrace and live out Biblical gender roles can have life changing effects on women. I have heard this from mentoring couples I have spoken with and seen it firsthand with younger Christian couples that I know.

Step #6 Mold Your Wife into the Glorious Wife You Want Her to Be
“Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; that he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, that he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.”

Ephesians 5:25-27 (KJV)

Christ did not give up his life for his wife’s happiness. He gave up his life to purchase his wife (Acts 20:28) so that he could groom her into the wife he wanted her to be. And this is what God has called you as a Christian husband to do. In 1 Corinthians 11:7 the Bible tells us that “…the woman is the glory of the man” and in Proverbs 12:4 we read “A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband…”. In 1 Corinthians 11:9 the Bible says “Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man”. These Scriptures teach that God created your wife for you, to bring you glory and when your wife brings you glory this brings God glory. So, you as a man bring glory to God by your submission and service to him and your wife brings glory to God by her submission and service to you.

What this means practically speaking is that you need to begin to mold your wife to your preferences for her behavior. You should never feel guilting in desiring your wife’s submission and service to you, but rather you should enjoy this as God enjoys our submission and service to him.

So, what are some practical ways that you can groom your wife into the glorious wife you want her to be?

You can make her modify her clothing style to the styles you prefer. You can make her learn to cook the foods you enjoy. You can make her watch the TV shows you like to watch. And in Proverbs 5:18-19 we read one of the greatest ways a husband is actually commanded to groom his wife:

“Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth. Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.”

While husbands are commanded not to deny sexual relations to their wives in Exodus 21:10-11 in 1 Corinthians 7:3-5, the Bible never commands wives to make their husbands satisfy them sexually. It does however command men to do just that in the passage above.

A Christian wife’s grooming, her God ordained subjection to her husband, is never complete until she has been groomed to be loving, pleasant and completely sexually satisfying to her husband.

Step #7 – Discipline Your Wife
“As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent”

Revelation 3:19 (KJV)

The verse above is Christ speaking to his churches after having just rebuked them and threatening to discipline them if they did not repent. Christ associates his rebuke and chastening with his love for his churches. In Ephesians 5:25 the Scriptures tell us “Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it”. So, if a husband is loving his wife as Christ loves his church, then he will rebuke and discipline his wife. Otherwise he is not loving her as Christ loves his church. Discipline from you toward your wife is crucial for the grooming process to work in the life of your wife.

There are many ways to discipline your wife.

Ten years ago, I would have been against wife spanking as the concept was so foreign to me. I did not know any Christians who engaged in it. But since I started this blog back in 2014, I have had the opportunity to interact with many Christian couples who engage in wife spanking which is commonly referred to as Christian domestic discipline or CDD for short.

I have also had the opportunity to interact with some Christian husband/wife mentor teams who help teach husbands how to spank their wives and also teach the wives how to accept and embrace this kind of physical discipline from their husbands.

Based upon what I have learned and seen over these last few years I can now say the following.

I used to be against wife spanking, then I was neutral to it as I could see no condemnation of it in the Bible and now over the last couple of years I come to see it as the most effective tool a husband can use in his role as a human instrument of sanctification in the life of his wife. And this is not a newly invented disciplinary tool of husbands, but rather wife spanking was fairly common throughout history before the last 50 years or so.

Whenever I speak on wife spanking, I must issue the following cautionary note.

While it is a husband’s God given right to use spanking as a form of discipline on his wife (with or without her consent), a husband should be wise in regard to the hostile culture we live in. We live in culture which denies almost all the rights that God has given to a husband including his right to discipline his wife. That means that if you do not have your wife’s consent to spank her and she calls the police on you, you may go to prison for domestic abuse.
Some of the women who have contacted me over the years were raised in homes where their father spanked their mother and they expected it and even embraced the concept as they entered into their marriages. Others learned of the benefits of CDD for their marriage from other wives and embraced this practice later in life.

But then there are wives who are conditioned to accept and receive spankings from their husbands through mentoring programs. These are programs where the husband and wife work together with a husband/wife mentoring team and over time a couple learns to incorporate wife spanking into their marriage.

One of the most important things I have learned from these wife spanking mentoring couples is that it is very difficult and rare to get a wife to accept wife spanking if she is past her mid-20’s and especially into her 30’s. So, it is important to reach women with these mentoring programs while they are still young and moldable.

For more on the subject of wife spanking see my article “Does the Bible allow a husband to spank his wife?”

And whenever I teach on wife spanking, I always get asked if I spank my wife. The answer is no. And the reason is because my wife comes from a moderate feminist background and she is in her mid-40s which makes her a far less moldable wife. She would never submit to wife spanking or even a mentoring program with another couple. Again, this is not to say that we as Christian husbands cannot or should not engage in discipline toward our wives even if they are older and far less moldable than younger wives. It just means we have to use a different set of non-physical disciplinary tools with our wives. I outline some of these tools in my article “7 Ways to Discipline Your Wife”.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2020 07:24PM by Tevai.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: wondering ( )
Date: July 26, 2020 03:39AM

Sounds like Stepford Wives

Date: July 26, 2020 04:49AM

Another example of people using religion to justify their own prejudices

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: July 26, 2020 04:53AM

Someone posted it on a group sit I frequent. It sounds straight out of "The Handmaid's Tale" and is creepier than hell. If it's for real, the wife needs to run, not walk, as fast as she can to get away from the psycho.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 26, 2020 08:35AM

Vomit

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: July 26, 2020 09:36AM

Holup

“But then there are wives who are conditioned to accept and receive spankings from their husbands through mentoring programs. These are programs where the husband and wife work together with a husband/wife mentoring team and over time a couple learns to incorporate wife spanking into their marriage.”

Now I know what BY did with his 56 wives.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 26, 2020 11:21AM

"...You had me at Breasts..."

--Joseph Smith, Jr.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 26, 2020 12:09PM

This POV is so sick and twisted, I don't know where to begin. At least when I reflect on my own problems, they seem meager in comparison to the problems of people like this.

And the thing is, it's not even a healthy way to live for a husband OR a wife. My mom, for instance, was very dependent on my dad -- he paid the bills, made the investments, bought the cars, etc. For most couples in the Greatest Generation, that's how it was done. And my poor mom fell apart completely when my dad got sick, and eventually died. She had no idea how to cope with the business of everyday life. I think even my dad realized towards the end that it wasn't a good thing for her to live this way.

I can't imagine why a man would want to live in an echo chamber. What a dull way to live a life!

Date: July 26, 2020 12:30PM

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: July 26, 2020 01:02PM

Wow! She must be tall. 7 steps huh?

She should groom herself. The groom shouldn't have to do it. She's not a horse or a dog.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: July 26, 2020 02:22PM

If the author of that was anymore of a sick creep, he'd have thrown in windowless van recommendations and tips for offering free candy.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: July 26, 2020 03:46PM

This is how seemingly innocuous belief in religion is actually very dangerous, and a key to an unhappy marriage.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: July 27, 2020 02:19AM

Now I can rejoice that I'm old and unmarried. And my Bible hit the shredder a few months ago.

Date: July 27, 2020 02:31AM

Holy crap!

I think Saucie has been grooming me!!!

Holy crap!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 27, 2020 02:56AM

You can say that again!

Holy crap!

Date: July 27, 2020 02:32AM

... I have no idea how that happened!

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: July 27, 2020 02:53AM

Apparently Saucie has been grooming you. ;)

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: July 27, 2020 05:25AM

But EOD, the question we ALL WANT TO KNOW is when she spanks you does she use a rolled up newspaper?

****BUT - NEVER EVER try to train a 4 legged real canine dog this way. If they are human, be safe, sane and consensual.

Posted by: lindy ( )
Date: July 27, 2020 05:05AM

OH and I have been married for a few weeks shy of fifty years. If he had tried any of that crap on me it wouldn't have been fifty days.
We are equals and always have been.

Date: July 27, 2020 06:52AM

Posted by: JenMikell ( )
Date: July 27, 2020 10:26AM

Congratulations! Just celebrated 10 here. Goes by fast with the right one.

Now for the snark: As long as it's not 50 Shades (From someone in the BDSM life who knows those books aren't worth being used as toilet paper!)

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: July 27, 2020 09:40AM

LOL! Seven steps to accepting physical abuse.

Posted by: lindy ( )
Date: July 27, 2020 09:40AM

Thank you. We had travel plans to visit various relatives and have several celebrations but the virus has put paid to that. We might save that for next year and just quietly celebrate in a very nice restaurant.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: July 27, 2020 10:14AM

A friend shared that with me yesterday, along with another one about a 24 year old Christian guy who wants to know if he should spank his 18 year old wife.

Date: July 27, 2020 07:56PM

Considering how sex is treated in most sects, spanking might be a good fetish to have.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 27, 2020 12:11PM

Me telling my wife to do something...that woulda gone over well..hehe

Posted by: EXON46 ( )
Date: July 27, 2020 04:48PM

Two words- shock collar

Posted by: Betty G ( )
Date: July 29, 2020 03:58PM

I think some would consider me a fundamentalist evangelical...as I am Southern Baptist (in the morridor), but this guy (the one who posted the article) is full of it!

I don't know what woman would put up with that stuff in the article. I certainly wouldn't, and no woman in her right mind would!

I'm betting this guy is divorced (maybe multiple times) or never has been married!

If he was married he'd know women are not chattel and do not put up with such ridiculous notions today.

He is proposing spousal abuse. Spanking your wife (or husband for that matter) sounds absolutely like abuse! I think that's not just awful, it is actually illegal.

This article is just infuriating! I had marital problems but at least my ex wasn't physically threatening to abuse me! That's just too far!

Date: July 30, 2020 09:56AM

Hi Betty G...

He's not the only guy pushing this kind of stuff.

The problem is that these so-called "Evangelicals" claim they follow the teachings of Jesus Christ when they do not and also claim that good old misogyny, racism, patriarchy, etc. is mandated by God Almighty.

Date: July 30, 2020 10:23AM

Aren’t these the same people who think Trump is the second coming of Christ?

Date: July 30, 2020 01:03PM

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 01:11PM

I'm not a small thing. I am almost 6 feet. I was very thin as a young woman, but a rolling pin or a frying pan would certainly work. No guy I ever dated would have dared to touch me not only because of that. My dad might have killed them. He was a TOUGH man and my brothers are the same. So are his daughters.

Religion.

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 31, 2020 10:28AM

Radical Christians and moderate Christians are all using the same Bible to justify their views.
Both don't acknowledge the Bible is not a reliable (or benevolent) moral guide for that reason alone.
Neither have any justification for their interpretation and cherry picking being more correct than any other.

The Bible is simply used to justify the kind of person they want to be. If they add God's approval, they think they have more credibility.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.