Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cuzx ( )
Date: July 29, 2020 09:35PM

Out of 30 or so people at this outdoor mall, I’ve seen maybe three other people wearing masks. It’s worse when I’ve been to small town Morgan. Like 0 folks were wearing masks. I travel around to get to go orders for my family. I just wish more folks would take the virus seriously. Oh hell, if I’d just kept the P’hood, maybe I could walk around without a care.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: July 29, 2020 10:41PM

I came to Utah on vacation and left with... DEATH!

Glad I'm not in a place like that.

People are so serious about wearing masks, where I'm at, that they practically have them tattooed on.

I think I even know some people that wear them in the mirror so they won't freak out when they see someone not wearing a mask.

lol

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 29, 2020 11:47PM

I didn't know about farmington station. You made me google it.

https://www.shopatstationpark.com/

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 12:14AM

Masks have been required in my home county for quite some time, and as of Friday, they will be required throughout all of Maryland.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 08:11AM

Most all the stores are requiring the mask, and interestingly I walk in and they are handing out masks and there are still customers not wearing them even when stores are demanding it. But yesterday I was downtown on South Temple and there were lots of silly people wearing the mask outdoors, even while jogging and sitting in traffic. I suppose they aren't feeling uncomfortable and don't mind being muzzled outside?

Date: July 30, 2020 11:32AM

Does wearing a mask make you a silly person ?

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 11:50AM

Maybe we can ask Herman Cain if forgoing the silliness of a mask is worth it?

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 03:57PM

The news is mentioning that it's a month since Cain attended a crowded event at which he didn't wear a mask. He's been sick for a couple of weeks, I understand. I didn't hear that things seemed dire, just that he was on O2. I also haven't heard that he had cancer. Being Black apparently can result in a worse outcome. So seems like he may have had at least a double whammy there.

I don't understand the resistance to enlist a few protective measures that each of us can take to help ourselves. It's about germs. The science is in on how to resist infection as far as it is possible with each individual. What is the debate about in that regard?

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 11:52AM

Utahans must be doing something right. The new cases has been down significantly for the last 3 days --- haven't seen todays number yet!!

We have been going out to buffets, swimming, going to gyms, etc. for months now and have no problem with ICU or hospital beds yet!!!

Date: July 30, 2020 11:57AM

Call us back in two weeks.

Posted by: spiritist ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 12:02PM

Why??? Are you now claiming to be a Doctor???

What an idiotic statement!!!

Date: July 30, 2020 12:08PM

"We have been going out to buffets, swimming, going to gyms" ... What an idiotic statement.

Posted by: laughing at spiritist ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 12:18PM

"For example, my current wife was my mother in a past life and my father was my current son. I married my current granddaughter in a past incarnation."

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1987871,1988382#msg-1988382

What an idiotic statement!!!

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 03:34PM

laughing at spiritist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "For example, my current wife was my mother in a
> past life and my father was my current son. I
> married my current granddaughter in a past
> incarnation."
>
> https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1987871
> ,1988382#msg-1988382
>
> What an idiotic statement!!!

Many, many years ago when I was 23
I was married to a widow who was pretty as can be
This widow had a grown-up daughter who had hair of red
My father fell in love with her and soon they too were wed
This made my dad my son-in-law and really changed my life
For now my daughter was my mother 'cause she was my father's wife
And to complicate the matter even though it brought me joy
I soon became the father of a bouncing baby boy
My little baby then became a brother-in-law to dad
And so he became my uncle though it mad me very sad
For if he were my uncle that would also made him brother
Of the widows grown-up daughter who was of course my stepmother
Father's wife then had a son who kept them on the run
And he became my grandchild for he was my daughter's son
My wife is now my mother's mother and it makes me blue
Because although she is my wife she's my grandmother two
Now if my wife is my grandmother then I'm her grandchild
And every time I think of it, nearly drives me wild
'Cause now I have become the strangest case you ever saw
As husband of my grandmother I am my own grandpaw
Oh I'm my own grandpaw
I'm my own grandpaw
It sounds funny I know but it really is so
I'm my own grandpaw
I'm my own grandpaw
I'm my own grandpaw
I'm my own grandpaw

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2020 03:39PM by thedesertrat1.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 04:02PM

> "For example, my current wife was my mother in a
> past life. . ."

Same thing happened to Oedipus. He, at least, had the moral sense to cut his eyes out.

Posted by: Infrequent Observer ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 12:14PM

That's only the story in certain parts of UT. https://covidactnow.org/us/ut?s=790144 breaks down the ICU load by county. Certain counties are at 100% capacity. Averages are brought down by Salt Lake and Utah counties who have more ICU beds available.

Date: July 30, 2020 12:35PM

Utah's positive test rate in July has not been good at all. Just a couple of weeks ago it was over 10%. Now your seven day moving average is 9.8%.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states/utah

Personally, with that high of a positive test rate, I wouldn't be visiting pools, gyms, etc. And if buffet-style restaurants are operating, that's just insane.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 12:21PM

Had to laugh about Morgan as I know it well. Not surprised about the masks. Don't know how much the Mormon thing influences the no mask thing, but, I followed the statistics for years and up until recently Morgan was always the most predominantly Mormon of all the counties of Utah. I was surprised as I thought Utah county would hold that honor. Decades ago it was at least 98% I would swear. Last time I looked it was down to 88% while SLC and some other places were hovering around 50% to 60%.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 12:45PM

If there is any chance whatsoever that wearing a mask helps, I'll wear a mask and I do. I've see more masks in Cache Valley in the past week or 2. I understand walmart is rethinking requiring masks as their employees are being threatened for asking people to wear masks.

I may live in a more low risk area, very few deaths, too many cases for my liking, but I'll do what they ask me to do to be safe.

I have an older sister and niece going back to teach school in Idaho in a few weeks. My sister has diabetes and is overweight, like I am.

My aunt is right now dying in a care facility in Mesa, AZ. She was in a memory care facility for dementia up until her sats dropped to 85% and then they put her in the hospital. She has COVID. She is on comfort care only.

Date: July 30, 2020 12:52PM

My local Wal-Mart posted two off-duty police officers at the entrance for months. If you want to argue about mask-wearing, you could take it up with them. Now pretty much everyone is on board, and stores face stiff fines for non-compliance.

I'm sorry about your aunt. As for you family members who are going back to school, I can tell you that teachers in states like mine with virtual starts will be watching them closely. I personally don't think it will go at all well in Florida. Idaho might have a better chance.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 12:55PM

It strikes me that being different is very important to some people. This, of course, is no big secret. But it's too bad that some selections for ”being different” are so personally damaging.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.