Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 11:28AM

of covid.
Killed by a hoax.
He didn't need no stinkin' mask.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 11:43AM

Sorry for his family. Sad it was more important to make a political point than protect himself. I sure hope he didn't sicken anyone else.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 11:47AM

He was at the Tulsa rally days before testing positive.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: July 31, 2020 09:36PM

And the governor of Oklahoma, who was also at the rally--maskless, photographed with close groups of people, tested positive about the same time. Both he and Cain were high-profile people who had influence on others and made a point of not wearing masks to prove their invincibility. No, we will never know exactly where or when they were infected. But their behavior said "I don't give a shit whether YOU live or die. I don't care if I'm infected and might infect you."

I have zero sympathy for Cain. He DESERVED what he got. I know, I know. The politically correct thing to say is that no one deserves this and it's just a sad way for people to find out that they should have taken it seriously. But we are FAR past that. We know the chances we are taking. And I am not wasting any sympathy on people who don't give a shit about others and get what they asked for. I save my sympathy for those who are trying to do the right thing but get infected anyway by those who aren't.

Posted by: Yoo2 ( )
Date: July 31, 2020 11:59PM

Does that go for protestors too?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 12:50AM

Is it your view that Oklahoma protestors are "high-profile people who had influence on others and made a point of not wearing masks to prove their invincibility?"

Can you name two of those "high-profile" protestors?

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 12:28PM

Sure. If you’ve seen protestors out there who are purposely trying to make a point about how invincible they are by not wearing a mask and making sure they get photographed surrounded by a thousands of other maskless people indoors and screaming and chanting then yes, I’d feel the same way.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 12:12PM

¿ did he died OPie ? ~

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 12:45PM

At least he didn't have to suffer the weight of government oppression by wearing a mask and avoiding large gatherings! /s

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 12:57PM

So he died proud and happy! Good job, Herman, you’ve made real men proud.

Date: July 30, 2020 01:02PM

He died alone.

Date: July 30, 2020 02:18PM

Herman Cain was a real Gonzalez.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 01:03PM

Ha! For some reason reminds me of my day when the saying, "Better Dead than Red" was popular.

Date: July 30, 2020 05:32PM

Better dead than licked cupcake.

Date: July 30, 2020 05:47PM

I remember how popular that was. Sick.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 07:35PM

He had the guts to lead by example. It kinda makes me proud to be an American.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: July 31, 2020 07:07PM

Very true, we lost a true patriot.

Date: July 31, 2020 07:25PM

What did Cain do that makes him "a true patriot?"

Did he take any beatings in the cause of civil rights, environmental issues, or anything else? Did he fight for his country in any wars? Did he produce anything more meaningful than Pillsbury products, hamburgers, and pizzas? Was he a faithful husband without any financial settlements over sex scandals?

By "true patriot," macaRomney, you mean "black Republican" and nothing else. That is ALL you care about.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: July 31, 2020 07:39PM

I thought the lead by example comment was sarcastic. Not sure now that I've re-read. Some things require interpretation for me lately.

Date: July 31, 2020 07:48PM

It was sarcasm. Is the macRomney “whoosh” a big surprise?

It’s kinda sad to die for a death cult, but kind of appropriate too. Maybe Brigham Young needed more servants on the other side.

Date: July 31, 2020 09:00PM

Oh good. Whew.

Date: July 31, 2020 09:04PM

macaRomney doesn't do sarcasm. At last not intentionally.

Date: July 31, 2020 09:30PM

I was looking at bradley's comment, thought it was sarcasm, then got confused by MacaR. I'm up to speed now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2020 09:30PM by Nightingale.

Date: August 01, 2020 11:07AM

person woman man camera tv

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 01:04PM

Posted by: Dr. No ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 01:19PM

The tragedy is that it was completely preventable.
If you're going to die from something preventable, at least choose something fun, like skydiving

None of this disaster had to be this way. None of it.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 01:23PM

Date: July 30, 2020 01:38PM

I'm sorry for him and his family for his choices that didn't work out for him.

Posted by: PapaKen ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 04:44PM

I feel sorry for Herman's family, and I'm also sorry that he was so stupid.

Posted by: Warren Jeffs ( )
Date: July 30, 2020 07:14PM

Thanks for once again posting a non-political post that keeps me feeling supported for leaving the Church.

Posted by: iceman9090 ( )
Date: July 31, 2020 05:19AM

I didn't know Herman Cain. I have never met him. I never shook his hand. However, he is a mammal like the rest of us.

~~~~iceman9090

Posted by: schrodingerscat ( )
Date: July 31, 2020 06:24PM

2020 Darwin Award Winner
Only given out posthumously

Date: August 01, 2020 02:37AM

The competition will be tough this year.

Posted by: Idiot in Idaho ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 04:05AM

So let me get this straight the guy was 74 years old. If he had died of a heart attack, people on here would be running in fear of even the sight of red meat.

Sometimes! We all have to die of something!

If he had lived another few years, everyone would be saying he shouldn't smoked those cigarettes or he shouldn't have been republican.

Make up your reasons for calling him stupid but don't think your death will be more wisely planned. How stupid! Why didn't they know they shouldn't have gotten old?

Date: August 01, 2020 09:52AM

He died of Covid, *not* a heart attack or anything else. He tested positive a few days after a large pep rally where he was not wearing a mask. It's not difficult to follow the trail of breadcrumbs.

Date: August 01, 2020 09:56AM

Comparing deaths from unhealthy life styles to deaths from preventable communicable diseases that one can spread to others irresponsibly is like comparing arrogant know-it-alls with their heads in the sand to critical thinkers who care about others.

Hmmmnnn... Which one are you?

Actually the jury is not out. We already know.

Date: August 01, 2020 01:22PM

That’s a good way to see the glass as half full. You’re going to die anyway, so why not die for something you believe in? Or die of “stupid”, which is often the same thing.

Posted by: Cindysue ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 05:43AM

some of you people are just plain mean he was a good christian man and you should show some respect and decency

Date: August 01, 2020 09:50AM

You forgot the sarcasm tag = /s.

That way people know that you are not talking seriously.

Date: August 01, 2020 10:00AM

Why does labeling someone a "good christian man" excuse any other irresponsible action?

Why do "Christians" think that is their get-out-of-jail-free card?

Arrogance perhaps?

Date: August 01, 2020 01:25PM

If Jesus had returned on the 22nd like he was supposed to, he could have raised Cain from the dead.

Date: August 01, 2020 01:53PM

Jesus raising cain? I think that's why we're in this mess in the first place.

Date: August 01, 2020 03:20PM

ROFL D&D.

Sacriligious for me to laugh though. :p

Posted by: Henry B. Eyeroll ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 10:38AM

"good christian man" ROFL

Here are more examples of "good christian men"

"Southern Baptist Convention report on sex abuse shines a light on evangelical culture"

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/southern-baptist-convention-report-sex-abuse-shines-light-evangelical-culture-ncna970756

"The sin of silence: The epidemic of denial about sexual abuse in the evangelical church"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/posteverything/wp/2018/05/31/feature/the-epidemic-of-denial-about-sexual-abuse-in-the-evangelical-church/

"Evangelical churches believe men should control women. That’s why they breed domestic violence"

https://theconversation.com/evangelical-churches-believe-men-should-control-women-thats-why-they-breed-domestic-violence-127437

Please, spare us the "good christian man" crap. Christians are no better than mormons, and neither group is in a position to shield itself with the veneer of moral credibility.

Date: August 01, 2020 10:43AM

"So that one pizza guy, the one who doesn’t understand economics and sexually harassed a bunch of women...Herman Cain. He’s dead now, because he caught Covid at that one place everybody told him he was gonna catch Covid, and it killed him, because that’s what Covid does. I’m sure you have a few pearl-clutchers in your feed insisting that we must treat Herman’s self-inflicted demise with great somberness and respect. F**k that." -- ShowerCap

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2020 03:25PM by Tevai.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 11:00AM

dying because of something stupid & preventable-

Joe Smith comes to mind....

Oh, it's OK to some ppl because he then became an example / martyr

just sayin'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2020 11:06AM by GNPE.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 12:51PM

I wonder how many people he passed it to.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 01:07PM

That was my thinking too, how many others did Cain infect through his thoughtlessness for others?

Date: August 01, 2020 03:05PM

And, there's that. Not that he would have cared.

Posted by: Lowpriest ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 04:41PM

It is refreshing to see someone who is willing to die for what they believe. So few people with mindless determination are in the world... It is a pity that he may have spread it to others.

Posted by: anonyXmo ( )
Date: August 02, 2020 12:09AM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> of covid.
> Killed by a hoax.
> He didn't need no stinkin' mask.

And stage 4 liver and colon cancer might've had something to do with it

also he was never a virus denier.

He did a lot of traveling in the month prior to the rally and his hospitalization. No way to tell if he got it there or not, and i haven't heard of a huge cluster of infections resulting from the rally in Tulsa on Jun 20

Date: August 03, 2020 07:31PM

anonyXmo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...i haven't heard of
> a huge cluster of infections resulting from the
> rally in Tulsa on Jun 20

From a CTV (Canadian) article on July 9/20:

"The city of Tulsa is experiencing a surge in coronavirus cases, a little over 2 weeks after U.S. President Donald Trump held a campaign rally in an indoor arena there.

"Dr. Bruce Dart, Executive Director of the Tulsa Health Department, said in a press conference on Wednesday there are high numbers being reported this week, with nearly 500 new cases in two days and trends are showing that those numbers will increase.

"... a link to CNN reporting on research suggesting that Black Lives Matter protests across the country did not lead to a jump in coronavirus cases. [Due, it is thought, to being outdoors, so less chance of virus transmission]

"All of Trump's campaign staffers who attended his rally went into quarantine, however, after interacting with several colleagues who later tested positive for the virus. Multiple Secret Service officers were also instructed to self-quarantine after two of their colleagues who were on site for the rally tested positive.

"About 6,200 people attended the rally, according to the Tulsa Fire Department." [An indoor event, with little in the way of social distancing or mask-wearing, so more chance of transmission from person to person]

This is by nature an article about politics - not altogether suitable for this board due to the no partisan politics rule - but I wanted to respond to the comment by anonyXmo that s/he hadn't heard of a surge following the rally. Please let's not fight about politics.

Here is the source of the excerpts above:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/just-connect-the-dots-tulsa-sees-covid-19-surge-after-trump-s-june-rally-1.5017082

Date: August 03, 2020 08:38PM

He was cleared of cancer in 2007. By my count that was 13 years ago. It had noting to do with his death.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/07/herman-cain-died-of-covid-19-not-cancer/

Date: August 03, 2020 10:21PM

Legally it doesn't matter whether he had cancer or not. If a person is dying of a stroke when he is hit in the crosswalk and killed by an errant car, it is the negligent driver who is in trouble. If a person is drowning when you shoot him, you are still guilty of murder. If Herman Cain had cancer when he died, it would still be the pandemic that killed him.

I'm not sure why this red herring is getting as much attention as it is. Legally, you take your victim as he comes regardless of his health, age, etc.

Posted by: logged off today ( )
Date: August 03, 2020 09:05PM

Google is your friend.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/08/us/politics/coronavirus-tulsa-trump-rally.html

https://time.com/5865890/oklahoma-covid-19-trump-tulsa-rally/

"On Wednesday, Dr. Bruce Dart, the director of the Tulsa Health Department, said the President’s rally and subsequent protests 'likely contributed' to the rise in COVID-19 cases in the county, per the Associated Press."

https://apnews.com/ad96548245e186382225818d8dc416eb

What's that, you say? Lamestream media? Fake news? Here's one more:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/health-official-trump-rally-likely-source-virus-surge

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: August 03, 2020 06:59PM

I wish he hadn't gone to that (Really?) rally.

Date: August 03, 2020 09:32PM

"According to the Saudi Health Ministry, there have been no cases of COVID-19 among this year’s pilgrims. Those attending Hajj were not only tested for the virus but had their movement monitored using electronic wristbands and were required to quarantine both before and after Hajj."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.