Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: July 31, 2020 10:16PM

Dr. Fauci is now urging us to wear goggles, along with masks.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/30/fauci-urges-americans-to-wear-goggles-for-added-covid-19-protection/

If people took this virus seriously, they'd be wearing the proper protection. This is what I wear. Anything less is irresponsible.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/04/how-pandemic-made-virologist-unlikely-cult-figure

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: July 31, 2020 10:23PM

No...has not been suggested up here yet..but some wear full face shields

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: July 31, 2020 11:12PM

So you acknowledge that you are still not taking the virus seriously?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 31, 2020 11:34PM

ditto

Posted by: Cindysue ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 05:49AM

Are you people doing any research at all? sounds like you are still following blindly.....check out the CDC website. Use your brain and do some research

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 06:52AM

Urging would be the wrong verb. Context is everything.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 08:48AM

People need to put their contract lenses aside and wear their glasses for the time being. At least that would protect their eyes somewhat. Think of the words, “protective eyewear.”

Posted by: synonymous ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 11:45AM

For you, Free Man, I recommend this particular protective full-body suit. No one wearing it has *ever* gotten Covid.

Bonus: You may even score with the ladies, as this demonstration shows at 0:35.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq9IKsH9BXg

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 01:11PM

Good excuse to wear Riddick goggles.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 01:38PM

Yeah but is Vin Diesel REALLY an actor ?

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 01:18PM

His company has been very careful and no one has become sick. If anyone is exposed to someone with the virus, they are off for 2 weeks and must text negative twice. They wear masks, lab coats, and goggles. He sent me a picture, but I don't think I can post it. He had to tell them when I had a COVID test and what the results were for my cataract surgery.

I think if I wore goggles, then less and less people would recognize me. Good idea!!! I'm not what you'd call social and a lot of people talk to me in stores. Better to be disguised.

I'm willing to do what they ask. I am not ready to die. My kids and dogs need me a bit longer.

Posted by: Anonme ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 01:52PM

With our masks we’re also wearing isolation hats with Velcro attached face shields for extra protection.

Posted by: one sick puppy ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 01:52PM

No. Scuba tank on my back, breathe through a regulator, clear plastic bag over my head and tied around my neck. Let the bastards laugh, those who won't follow science will suffer natural selection and will decrease the surplus population.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 02:02PM

I mostly stay home. Happier out here by myself.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 03:24PM

Eye protection is probably not a bad idea. I remember the first critical care physician who died in Wuhan was of the opinion that he got the virus through his eyes.

When I was still in the classroom teaching health, I taught my students that any wet place on your body could carry a virus inside of you -- your mouth, your nose, your eyes. Watching young students routinely touch all of these places with their fingers was a daily occurrence.

Whenever I go back to school, my plan is to wear a mask and a face shield.

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: August 02, 2020 10:43PM

I googled my goggles

I goggled my googles

Then I giggled...
As I Gobbled

This whole post is cobbled together. Forever-

I don't need a wall between me and other humanoids.

I AM a shield
I guard myself
I guard others
I'm on guard
Eye Guards
Gargoyles

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: August 03, 2020 12:55AM

I wear my mask and glasses but do not have goggles and don't know where to get them.

Stopped in to get some BBQ today and a couple looked at me glaring. They were not wearing masks but everyone else was. I would have said something except I've seen some don't take it well and may knock you to the floor. I'm too old now to handle a punch in the nose.

Next time I will go to the other BBQ pit. They require patrons to wear masks or they will not be served. I prefer that standard so other patrons don't have to have confrontations. I think their BBQ is better anyway but they are across town and I didn't want to drive that far. Rather burn a bit more gas than pick-up Covid-19 with my meal.

Posted by: The original MOI! ( )
Date: August 03, 2020 10:38AM

Masks, now goggles. When Fauci makes us wear a big red nose and a clown hat, I'll know for sure this farce has been a joke all along.

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: August 03, 2020 01:10PM

Why wait until then?

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 03, 2020 04:27PM

Only when I'm talking really fast.

Posted by: proofofthepudding ( )
Date: August 03, 2020 06:17PM

DH and I wear fog free safety glasses that are sanitized after every use, disposable medical masks, and disposable or sanitizeable gloves. This is minimal PPE required by the State for safety on our government construction sites, but we use the same precautions on every venture outside our home.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.