Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 11:59AM

I really wonder about the doterra and young living folks though...seems they might be right on the edge of occult stuff,

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2020/07/31/lds-church-tweaks/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 12:14PM

"A little concerning to Jensen, however, is the updated language on the occult, which now condemns not just Satan worship but also “mystical activities that are not in harmony with the gospel of Jesus Christ. Such activities include (but are not limited to) fortune-telling, curses, and healing practices that are imitations of the priesthood power of God.”"

So, only mystical practices that are not Patriarchal blessings, shaking the dirt from your feet, and priesthood blessings, all done my only men are allowed.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 01:22PM

When I read about the birth control "changes", it reminded me of the time I went to my TBM doctor to get my tubes tied. I had just turned 40, had 4 kids and wanted to assure that I wouldn't be having any surprise pregnancies. I was done with the childbearing. DH was in agreement.

My doctor seemed not only surprised but disapproving. He asked me how old I was. I told him I was 40. He clucked "still so young". I sat there thinking, "I'm not here to ask your permission". He finally agreed to refer me to a gynocologist who did the procedure. I never had consulted with my bishop before deciding on this and I guess I didn't realize it was against the CHI back then. Oh, well, I was a rebel and didn't even know it!

Posted by: DaveinTX ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 09:19PM

When our son turned two, my wife and I decided one was enough. Her OBGYN had said given the troubles we had with #1, another pregnancy would likely kill her. But he would not do the procedure to tie her tubes.......

So I got elected to get my tubes cut instead. And I remember that my wife had to supply a written letter, giving her permission before the urologist would do it.

The LONG arm of the church at work.

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: August 02, 2020 11:11PM

This part is SCARY, if not FUNNY, or even IMPOSSIBLE.

"... so couples must apply to the First Presidency for their children to be “sealed” to them, meaning they would be their children in the hereafter."

Is that how sealing works? No wonder!

I would hate to be my children in the hereafter.

I didn't exactly like my parents being me in the herebefore.

Sealing Sucks!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.