Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Lowpriest ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 06:03PM

Let's imagine that my dear wife comes to her senses and realizes that life would be easier if she dumped me. It doesn't seem to be heading that way, but let's suppose...

Would I ever get invloved with another lady? If I did, would I want to meet someone who had never heard or the mormons or someone who was an exmormon?

I think I get a boat and learn to fish...

I cannot see being happy with someone else. As stressful as life gets becauae of mormon influence, I cannot imagine how I could have been better matched to anyone else. My wife is the best and I love her dearly.

If I became so lonely that I developed an insatiable desire for companionship, I think I would want to find someone who never heard of the church. I might be able to pretend that the whole mormon thing never happend.

Yet, for good or evil, mormonism is part of who I am now. It is like catching a virus that actually mutates your DNA. It becomes part of you even when you hate it. Sometimes I think I hate myself because I have let it become part of me and there is no getting rid of it. I feel like Captain Picard once he got his Borg implants.

I think that is one of the reasons I keep coming to this recovery forum. The mormon virus is in my blood and I want to get rid of it. But I can't get rid of it. It has changed me. I cannot unscramble that egg. It has also affected everyone I care about. I want to keep them in my life if possible.

Being a mormon brought me the things I care about the most. Keeping them seems to depend on tolerating mormonism as part of my world in perpetuity. It's a Faustian bargain... Hypothetically speaking...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: August 01, 2020 07:58PM

Perhaps replace mormondom with something else. Shift the attention to politics instead, or learning history. Politics, History and Religion are all very very similar and interconnected.

Personally I dived deep into right wing agenda (and all it's branches) after leaving mormonism and have found it fascinating ever sense. It's actually enjoyable!

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: August 03, 2020 01:12AM

I would rather my wife be non-lds, so she is!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 03, 2020 01:22AM

I think it's really lovely when a spouses doesn't dump each other over leaving the church. That tells me that the marriage has had a lot more going for it than just a shared faith.

Hopefully, you will both continue to have a long and happy life together, Lowpriest!

Posted by: ufotofu ( )
Date: August 03, 2020 11:17PM

I second that, summer.

Keep love first!

Probably a non-mormon, because they're are so many more exciting possibilities, more beauty all around, and more love, and reality, at home.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.