Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 02, 2020 02:40PM

Did SL/COB tell Bps & SPs to have staggered / low attendance meetings now, 'masks optional'?

I wonder how my bamboozled children & grand-children are dealing with COVID...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: August 04, 2020 05:11AM

I WANT TO KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION!

I have heard nothing about what Rusty, the Mormon Prophet, Seer, and Revelator has said, except that masks are optional, and to ge a good citizen, or something like that.

Where are the life-saving directives?
Where is the good medical advice?
Where is the leadership?

Has "God" spoken to the Mormon Prophet about this SERIOUS subject of the worldwide pandemic? I mean, if the banning of piercings are important, then preventing Covid is important.

My one Mormon child is married to a Mormon doctor, and they refuse to go to church or allow their children to go. Their SLC ward has opened up, and my daughter and husband quit their callings. The ward gave them a hard time, and my kids had to be very brave and assertive. They told me they are happier not going to church, and that they didn't like the way they were treated. The ward is the same snarky ward I used to be in, and the people have been shunning me for 9 years.

The rest of my family are ex-Mormons and non-Mormons, and we rejoice that our Mormmon family members are keeping the children and themselves out of harm's way. Everyone works online from home, or at very safe private offices that don't allow anyone to enter without a mask and screening. Far saver than church.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: August 04, 2020 10:19AM

policy suggestions, no claimed inspiration here; what is the job description of Prophet?

to me, the signatures on that document appear like they're from fragile individuals.

Posted by: bradley ( )
Date: August 04, 2020 10:22AM

Nelson’s signature is very legible. There’s no way that guy’s a real doctor.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 04, 2020 03:55PM

bradley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nelson’s signature is very legible. There’s no
> way that guy’s a real doctor.

I noticed that as well.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 04, 2020 10:50AM

It sounds like a fabricated PR release.
I don't sense any heavenly direction in this.
Do you really believe that those signatures were created by the person they are supposed to represent?

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: August 04, 2020 11:41AM

is the one someone posted on this board, that their mother's ward had their meeting in the parking lot. Fresh air. Not as many surfaces that need cleaning. No hands opening and closing doors, etc.

I think masks are required in this ward, where my daughter goes.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 04, 2020 11:48AM

Those instructions obviously came from the mind of a mere mortal. How embarrassed ghawd must be that he didn't think of it!

Or are they going to say that ghawd inspired that bishop or SP? They really can't, can they? Why would ghawd take Russell Milhaus Nelson out of the loop?

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 04, 2020 03:58PM

A lot has transpired since May 19th (rates of infections, health practices, better understanding of what is and isn't working).

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: August 04, 2020 09:53PM

LDS Inc is screwed, since there is NO WAY to administer the sacrament -the centerpiece of their main sunday religious observance in any Covid preventing manner that would not be a total distraction to what the meeting is supposed to be. the MORmON church is screwed, just like Joseph SMith's latest teen age bride.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.